Trading Julio Jones

I like him.  14 minutes and No BS T-Shirt Slogans.  He tells you what he wants to be released and doesn't make gaffs and he knows how to give an interview without giving away the wheel.  I can't wait to see how him and AS sort it all out.  Beat the Aints.  Beat the Bucs.  Beat the Panthers.  Let's Go!

He wanted gone, and this "apparently" started in 18', was because he saw this team as a sinking ship and was absolutely correct in his assessment. He was never a cancer and never once based Quinn or the anyone else for that matter.

Listen, I think what he did was chicken ****, but this team is not better without Julio. Not even close. In addition, the premise of Pitts getting his career started correctly (work habit wise)under Jones, and learning Jones's habits much like he did from Roddy and Tony G.

Necessary move yes, best move just sounds like your butthurt.

41 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

I like him.  14 minutes and No BS T-Shirt Slogans.  He tells you what he wants to be released and doesn't make gaffs and he knows how to give an interview without giving away the wheel.  I can't wait to see how him and AS sort it all out.  Beat the Aints.  Beat the Bucs.  Beat the Panthers.  Let's Go!

C'mon... You know you wanted an "Embrace the suck" t-shirt. 

1 hour ago, PointSwayzee said:

He wanted gone, and this "apparently" started in 18', was because he saw this team as a sinking ship and was absolutely correct in his assessment. He was never a cancer and never once based Quinn or the anyone else for that matter.

Listen, I think what he did was chicken ****, but this team is not better without Julio. Not even close. In addition, the premise of Pitts getting his career started correctly (work habit wise)under Jones, and learning Jones's habits much like he did from Roddy and Tony G.

You sound more butt hurt than him lol.

It was the best move for all the reasons you & he just mentioned.

It worked out great.  Let the man go & move the fk on bro.  

1 hour ago, Killing Floor said:

Doesn't have hair to gel either.... Or a bike to ride....

1 hour ago, PointSwayzee said:

Your response seems like you’re more worked up than he is. Maybe I’m interpreting it wrong. 🤷‍♂️ 

"We're always going to be talking about team. We're never going to be talking about one individual....."

Did I just hear "No sacred cows?!"  :lol:  Everything he says is such a refreshing change from Gel Boy. Think we got the best GM out there to get this roster back into sound fiscal shape as well as physical shape.

2 hours ago, PointSwayzee said:

We maybe a better team down the track we aren’t now.We are a work in progress.

The approach from the FO is a breath of fresh air like you’d expect.

The coaching I’m pretty sure will improve so for me if I’m taking anything out of thee off season that’s where my money is on improvement for our team.

4 hours ago, PointSwayzee said:

Yeah. He signed that big contract and then leaves before he could play it 

4 hours ago, PointSwayzee said:

I see it differently with Julio. Julio wanted out because he knows the Falcons don’t have the cap space or desire to give him an extension. The new front office was just going to let him either play out his current contract, or trade/cut him next year; at which point he is 33/34 and not likely to get anything more than a two-year deal from some other team at that point. Yes, Julio wants to win, but Julio has always been about getting paid his market value, and since he’s close to the end of his career, he’s going to get everything he can while he can, and on his own terms. Julio will look for the Titans to give him some sort of extension on the current deal, and then he may play for someone else on a one year deal to finish up his career. Julio is a great player/teammate, but he's also unapologetic about his compensation demands, as he should be. The time for Julio to make a move was this offseason while he still had the high-profile status as one of the best in the game; it’s about money and not about any sort of animosity toward the team or organization.

6 hours ago, ramonezy said:

C'mon... You know you wanted an "Embrace the suck" t-shirt. 

Actually saw someone wearing that TShirt recently. It was a military thing though, not a falcons thing. 

17 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

We maybe a better team down the track we aren’t now.We are a work in progress.

The approach from the FO is a breath of fresh air like you’d expect.

The coaching I’m pretty sure will improve so for me if I’m taking anything out of thee off season that’s where my money is on improvement for our team.

Write this down,, We will be a much better team this coming season. If not,, I'll be glad to admit it . If we are a worse team , I'll apologize to you and everybody else.. I say this cause I know I won't have to.  Sitting here watching a Big Red bird  take a bath in the Bird bath,, and a humming bird feed from the humming bird feeder . Not going to be to long till I get to watch these Falcons feed on the lesser teams in the NFC.  Blank on it... :mmmhmm: