Training camp preview: Matt Ryan must be stabilizing force in new era

11 hours ago, Thiccolas Cage said:

I kinda miss the Smittyball days when it seemed like we were more of a serious franchise

We were, until we responded to forcing zero punts vs the Packers in 2011 by going all-in on a WR instead of a DE.  We won't be serious contenders until we get another bruiser RB and dirt bag OL.

Another reality is that he’s been one of our main stabilizing factors his entire career!

MR is without a doubt a large part of what has been right about our club his entire career.  We’ve been unable to get a top D around him & the staff have fallen short in other areas that we all know too well.

He might be one of the top 5 most underrated players in this league his entire career.  We’ve been blessed by his presence on this team.  A guy can’t determine his own circumstances like playing for one HC, one system, great play callers, string defenses etc etc etc.  But what he’s accomplished in light of what he’s been surrounded with, the guy doesn’t get near the amount of credit he truly deserves.  And yet we have some mealy mouth pin heads who try to their best to fake-n-bake a bunch of nonsense about all of this.  Lmbo.  

On 7/15/2021 at 2:11 PM, JayOzOne said:

Right or wrong, there's going to be a **** ton of heat on Matt to play well this season. Sad as it may sound, there are a lot of Falcons QB@4 fans who will be waiting for him to have bad games so they can try to suggest they were right to have wanted to replace him. And more than a few national NFL writers and talking heads, as well. I'm not saying that fans will be hoping he fails, but watch what happens in the game threads when he throws a pick or takes a sack. You'd swear they will be happy when things go wrong.

You’re exactly right bro, but it works both ways. It will be the same way with the Falcons do not take a QB@4 crowd every time MR has a good game or makes a great play. Don’t be blinded by the light.

I think for the time being it’s best to not even bring it up. You, me and no one else really knows what the future holds with the @/4 decision. There’s a good chance it comes back to bite one or the other in the ***.

I was on the QB @4 train with any of the first three that were taken, but no one will pull harder for MR2 than me.

Can’t  we all just be Falcon fans at this point?

I like the Pitts pick, but only time will tell.

4 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

You’re exactly right bro, but it works both ways. It will be the same way with the Falcons do not take a QB@4 crowd every time MR has a good game or makes a great play. Don’t be blinded by the light.

I think for the time being it’s best to not even bring it up. You, me and no one else really knows what the future holds with the @/4 decision. There’s a good chance it comes back to bite one or the other in the ***.

I was on the QB @4 train with any of the first three that were taken, but no one will pull harder for MR2 than me.

Can’t  we all just be Falcon fans at this point?

I like the Pitts pick, but only time will tell.

What got lost in the furor over the pick was the fact that most of the participants in the debate (of which I was not one) honestly want the team to be better for the pick. Folks just disagreed on how that might be accomplished. Personally, I stayed far away from all of those posts because they were nonproductive discussions. I have to believe that most people want the team to succeed but you and I both know that too many panties got twisted in the debate and now it's personal for many.

Ryan has a great game? QB@4 people are a bunch of idiots who would have wasted a season developing a rookie.

Ryan has a bad game? Ryan's nut huggers are a bunch of idiots who cried about keeping a guy who's been on the downside of his career for years.

Football is entertainment for me. I'm not entertained by name calling and arguments. Every Falcons fan should be hoping we did the right thing, whether we would have made the pick or not.

1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

What got lost in the furor over the pick was the fact that most of the participants in the debate (of which I was not one) honestly want the team to be better for the pick. Folks just disagreed on how that might be accomplished. Personally, I stayed far away from all of those posts because they were nonproductive discussions. I have to believe that most people want the team to succeed but you and I both know that too many panties got twisted in the debate and now it's personal for many.

Ryan has a great game? QB@4 people are a bunch of idiots who would have wasted a season developing a rookie.

Ryan has a bad game? Ryan's nut huggers are a bunch of idiots who cried about keeping a guy who's been on the downside of his career for years.

Football is entertainment for me. I'm not entertained by name calling and arguments. Every Falcons fan should be hoping we did the right thing, whether we would have made the pick or not.

Spot on bro….it makes the world go round😎