Popeyes Coming Out With Chicken Nuggets On July 27th

19 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

There are these meatless nuggets made by Quorn that honestly if you did not see that they were plant based...you would just assume that they are regular chicken nuggets.

If you ever wanted to dip your toe into it then that would be a good way to start.

They are like 3 bucks for a box of them.

Yeah that's another good thing about meatless products. They're reasonably priced. 

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Yeah that's another good thing about meatless products. They're reasonably priced. 

Some of them are.

The impossible/beyond is still a bit expensive for my taste but alot of stores do run specials for them so I will stock up when they have those but at regular price of 8-9 bucks a pound is a bit pricey.

5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Some of them are.

The impossible/beyond is still a bit expensive for my taste but alot of stores do run specials for them so I will stock up when they have those but at regular price of 8-9 bucks a pound is a bit pricey.

True. I should have clarified. I mostly meant the stuff in the frozen food section. 

12 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

True. I should have clarified. I mostly meant the stuff in the frozen food section. 

I would agree with that.

It is a good way to try some of them with out breaking the bank.

The nuggets and the patties surprised me with just how good they are.

Especially if you make your own sauces and dips and stuff.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

I would agree with that.

It is a good way to try some of them with out breaking the bank.

The nuggets and the patties surprised me with just how good they are.

Especially if you make your own sauces and dips and stuff.

I tried some nuggets out once and it was definitely a surprise. ****** around and ate the whole bag in 2 days

10 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I’m not ready to venture into the whole plant based “meat” world. I’m still trying to process how one would take a plant and make it look and taste like meat. Definitely makes since to call it impossible because that’s the way it seems to my limited knowledge. I’ll stick to what I know for now.

8 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

The key is to not question it 

I wouldn't recommend them to people who are leery of the "plant based" label but they're truly remarkable for me. I started eating Beyond products and Impossible Burgers several years after I swore off of farm-raised meat & fish. They both taste close enough to what I remember meat to taste like and changed my diet immensely. Especially if I'm seasoning it for tacos, sloppy joes, SOS or other dishes.

2 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I wouldn't recommend them to people who are leery of the "plant based" label but they're truly remarkable for me. I started eating Beyond products and Impossible Burgers several years after I swore off of farm-raised meat & fish. They both taste close enough to what I remember meat to taste like and changed my diet immensely. Especially if I'm seasoning it for tacos, sloppy joes, SOS or other dishes.

Never had the fish. 

Sidenote on fish. My mom's used to cook Salmon patties for breakfast when I was a young lad. I tasted some salmon recently. I'll never eat that **** again

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Never had the fish. 

Sidenote on fish. My mom's used to cook Salmon patties for breakfast when I was a young lad. I tasted some salmon recently. I'll never eat that **** again

None of the PB fish products look good, so I haven't either. I'll eat wild-caught fish and thank God, there's still plenty of that available. I still make salmon croquettes every couple of weeks or so because I love salmon and it's a great source of protein. It's getting harder to find salmon that's not farm-raised Frankenfish in our stores, though.

5 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

None of the PB fish products look good, so I haven't either. I'll eat wild-caught fish and thank God, there's still plenty of that available. I still make salmon croquettes every couple of weeks or so because I love salmon and it's a great source of protein. It's getting harder to find salmon that's not farm-raised Frankenfish in our stores, though.

I gotta stick with my talapia and filet catfish. I didn't start eating the catfish til last year and man...I been sleeping on it. I get a family pack out of Krogers once a month. 

I just can't get with the salmon though. I wanna call up my mom's and ask her to make me some patties for old time sake. That's the only way I'll enjoy them

I'm down for Whiting, Pollack, Cod and Salmon more than anything. Love whitefish, for some reason. And I could eat Salmon fillets every other day for a year without getting tired of it. My wife is leery of any food that processed in China and ****ed near all wild caught fish is processed in China for some reason, so it makes it hard to find something that I want that she also won't gripe about. SMH. 

8 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

@JayOzOne Honest question, what is wrong with farm raised meat?

Oh, nothing. I had an existential crisis about 8 years ago where I questioned how comfortable I was with animals being raised to be eaten. There was a moment where my sensibilities went Buddhist and I lost the debate with myself. I couldn't reconcile my brain around it, so I stopped eating anything farm-raised on that day. It's not even a religious issue (the Bible actually commands us to eat meat); it's just a personal thing with me.

With that being said, I have no issues with others eating it and I reserve the right to change my mind at any time (although I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen). My wife regularly puts chicken and beef on the shopping list; we just eat something different when she cooks it.

2 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Oh, nothing. I had an existential crisis about 8 years ago where I questioned how comfortable I was with animals being raised to be eaten. There was a moment where my sensibilities went Buddhist and I lost the debate with myself. I couldn't reconcile my brain around it, so I stopped eating anything farm-raised on that day. It's not even a religious issue (the Bible actually commands us to eat meat); it's just a personal thing with me.

With that being said, I have no issues with others eating it and I reserve the right to change my mind at any time (although I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen). My wife regularly puts chicken and beef on the shopping list; we just eat something different when she cooks it.

Interesting. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Interesting. Thanks.

Not really... LOL! I'm pretty sure a wayward butterfly bumped into my head as a child and damaged the part of my brain that allows us to not worry about trivial things. It's crazy how far I have to go in order to reassure people that I have no judgmental opinions on their diet choices. I always feel like THAT GUY when invited to a cookout or party.

11 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Not really... LOL! I'm pretty sure a wayward butterfly bumped into my head as a child and damaged the part of my brain that allows us to not worry about trivial things. It's crazy how far I have to go in order to reassure people that I have no judgmental opinions on their diet choices. I always feel like THAT GUY when invited to a cookout or party.

I thought it might have had something to do with the big deal they made about free range chickens and other things of that nature. LOL!

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

I gotta stick with my talapia and filet catfish. I didn't start eating the catfish til last year and man...I been sleeping on it. I get a family pack out of Krogers once a month. 

I just can't get with the salmon though. I wanna call up my mom's and ask her to make me some patties for old time sake. That's the only way I'll enjoy them

Man I love Salmon patties and good fried catfish is 10000% one of my favorite foods ever. Definitely in my top five have to eat forever on a deserted island foods. When we went on the three day vacation I had fried catfish three times kinda deal. 

I try to avoid fried foods nowadays but when I have them 95% of the time its gonna be fried catfish with fried green tomatoes and either fried okra or fried squash. When I cheat I go all in.

On 7/13/2021 at 8:45 PM, GEORGIAfan said:

Popeyes Chicken Sandwich >>>>>>> All other fast food chicken sandwiches including chic-fil-a. 

Don't @ Me. 

Haven't tried the impossible whopper, but I suspect it will taste like a whopper, which is already a pretty meh burger. 

Have to agree.

1 minute ago, Sn4ttBack said:

but you did too thats the funny part

Not sure where you got that assumption. I always wait until the buzz dies down to try new food and restaurants. My patience doesn't allow me to stay in lines for longer than 5 minutes

On 7/13/2021 at 6:45 PM, ya_boi_j said:

I haven't been to Popeyes since tasting that overrated sandwich. 

I👏🏽said👏🏽what👏🏽I👏🏽said👏🏽👏🏽

On 7/13/2021 at 8:00 PM, falconsd56 said:

The sandwich is indeed overrated.

Pretty much all of the new ones in the chicken sandwich wars are meh.

The surf and turf box with fries and buffalo sauce is pretty legit though.

On 7/13/2021 at 8:03 PM, ya_boi_j said:

I want to try Zaxby's new one. I like KFC's. Burger Kings is garbage. My wife works there and brought me one. I told her just get me an Impossible Whopper next time

On 7/13/2021 at 8:45 PM, GEORGIAfan said:

Popeyes Chicken Sandwich >>>>>>> All other fast food chicken sandwiches including chic-fil-a. 

Don't @ Me. 

Haven't tried the impossible whopper, but I suspect it will taste like a whopper, which is already a pretty meh burger. 

The first time I tried the Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich I also thought it was overrated. Had it a couple more times though and it was fantastic.

The Zaxby's one though ... my god it was good. I haven't gone back for a second tasting so maybe I just got lucky, but that first one was the tits. 

Think the only one I haven't tried at this point is the Hardy's one. The McDonald's one was better than expected and finally gives me something off their menu that I like when the kids insist on going there (rare).

45 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

The first time I tried the Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich I also thought it was overrated. Had it a couple more times though and it was fantastic.

The Zaxby's one though ... my god it was good. I haven't gone back for a second tasting so maybe I just got lucky, but that first one was the tits. 

Think the only one I haven't tried at this point is the Hardy's one. The McDonald's one was better than expected and finally gives me something off their menu that I like when the kids insist on going there (rare).

Our closest Hardee's is in Carrolton so I don't think I will be trying that one anytime soon. 

Haven't tried the Zaxby's one yet. Every time I ride by there, there's always 10 cars minimum backed up in the drive thru. My patience isn't that deep lol

We watched a video yesterday from this lady that we watch review food every Sunday and she had one from Buffalo Wild Wings and with only a light squirt of mayo, she said that one was the best she has had yet. Unfortunately for us, the closest B Dubs is in Newnan or Columbus. :(

My wife works at BK and their hand breaded chicken sandwich gives me acid reflux. I can't stomach it at all. I would rather have a McChicken over that any day of the week 

10 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Our closest Hardee's is in Carrolton so I don't think I will be trying that one anytime soon. 

Haven't tried the Zaxby's one yet. Every time I ride by there, there's always 10 cars minimum backed up in the drive thru. My patience isn't that deep lol

We watched a video yesterday from this lady that we watch review food every Sunday and she had one from Buffalo Wild Wings and with only a light squirt of mayo, she said that one was the best she has had yet. Unfortunately for us, the closest B Dubs is in Newnan or Columbus. :(

My wife works at BK and their hand breaded chicken sandwich gives me acid reflux. I can't stomach it at all. I would rather have a McChicken over that any day of the week 

Yeah, Zaxby's during lunch or dinner time always have lines towards the street. Thought the pandemic lessening would change this but I was dead wrong.

Hardee's chicken sandwich was pretty good. Nothing special, but pretty good.

Burger King chicken sandwiches(the original sub shaped one is so so) are spawns straight from ****.

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yeah, Zaxby's during lunch or dinner time always have lines towards the street. Thought the pandemic lessening would change this but I was dead wrong.

Hardee's chicken sandwich was pretty good. Nothing special, but pretty good.

Burger King chicken sandwiches(the original sub shaped one is so so) are spawns straight from ****.

The only way I eat the original chicken sandwich from burger king is adding bacon and cheese lol. I don't know if they just don't change their grease or what. 

I want to try Church's new one but they're too slow and I don't know if I really want smoke with all that grease

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

The only way I eat the original chicken sandwich from burger king is adding bacon and cheese lol. I don't know if they just don't change their grease or what. 

I want to try Church's new one but they're too slow and I don't know if I really want smoke with all that grease

I always demand Burger King to cook my nuggets and og chicken sandwiches fresh when I order. Sometime you have to wait a few more minutes while sometimes they finish cooking while you're still in line. Usually turns out pretty good unless they overcook it.

As for Churches chicken sandwich, their new one was one of the worst chicken sandwiches I've ever tasted. It was dark and tasted like they cooked it in grease where they had possibly burned up some chicken in it earlier in the day and just kept using it.

2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I always demand Burger King to cook my nuggets and og chicken sandwiches fresh when I order. Sometime you have to wait a few more minutes while sometimes they finish cooking while you're still in line. Usually turns out pretty good unless they overcook it.

As for Churches chicken sandwich, their new one was one of the worst chicken sandwiches I've ever tasted. It was dark and tasted like they cooked it in grease where they had possibly burned up some chicken in it earlier in the day and just kept using it.

Yeah I have to do that with my fries that I get when she works now. That's the only time I get BK these days. 

Sucks to hear about Church's. KFC is my fav behind Chic Fil A so i may just fall back to that for a local option