So who do we sign to replace Mingo on the roster?

Only things slowing Barkley down his injuries. Hopefully he’s pass those and we can watch him do you special things again, Like he did his rookie year.

That said, the best ability is availability, so if he’s on the sidelines he’s not special.

I would love for New York to let him hit the market and see him in Atlanta. Holy **** he could be amazing in this office.

4 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Only things slowing Barkley down his injuries. Hopefully he’s pass those and we can watch him do you special things again, Like he did his rookie year.

That said, the best ability is availability, so if he’s on the sidelines he’s not special.

I would love for New York to let him hit the market and see him in Atlanta. Holy **** he could be amazing in this office.

His health falls on the coaches usage of him. If he's going to be asked to do as much with no help like his rookie season, he will be damaged goods faster than he should be. 

6 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

I really hope he bets on himself and tests fa.  But it's almost impossible.  Players are incentived to lock down a deal for injuries and if they don't sign they'll get tagged.  Only way is if he throws a fit.

But I want him out of NY and on an actual decent team with good blocking.  Please don't make him quit like they did to  Barry Sanders or Calvin Johnson or Patrick Willis

Edited by BLM

15 hours ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Name someone whos nicknamed him "Generational Talent"...I'll wait...no, actually I won't.

"Generational Talent" isn't a nickname, it's a label...as in, "You only see this type of talent in a generation"...

Kyle Pitts .  That's what everyone called him before the draft.  At least Matty Ice is more realistic coming out of college than Kyle 'Generational Talent' Pitts.  Sure he's 66 and runs a 44 but he wasn't talented enough to play a premier position like DE or WR which would net him like 1.5 to 2x the salary if you are legitimately a generational talant at those positions.

Edited by BLM

On 7/13/2021 at 11:00 AM, Aluminafalcon said:

So are teams allowed to carry cap space forward into next year like they could this year due to covid rules?

We will need that extra cap next because of Ryan’s dead money/cap number. We won’t be able to restructure him again next year, all we could do is resign him to an extension with some voidable years to absorb all that dead money later. I expect us to sit on that money so they have some cushion for next year’s cap.

On 7/16/2021 at 3:11 PM, texasfalconfan said:

We will need that extra cap next because of Ryan’s dead money/cap number. We won’t be able to restructure him again next year, all we could do is resign him to an extension with some voidable years to absorb all that dead money later. I expect us to sit on that money so they have some cushion for next year’s cap.

Matt Ryan doesn't have any dead money on our cap.

3 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

This will play out in camp and the first major injury that occurs with any team will see Houston come off the boards.

My feelings exactly.  Font is waiting for cuts after doing his scouting.  If nothing we want shakes free, that's when the folks on the street get offers.