Current Cap Space For All 32 Teams

5 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Sometimes I wonder if anyone thinks the players have any accountability. You teach them your system, but the have to learn the playbook. There are good football players selling insurance because they couldn't grasp the playbook. More than 90 percent of what goes wrong has to do with the playbook

No doubt because some guys think they can just rely on there talents.  No matter what you do in most things.  I have found that educating yourself is key.  When a guy knows the playbook thoroughly then execution of their role should be flawless.  

6 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

No doubt because some guys think they can just rely on there talents.  No matter what you do in most things.  I have found that educating yourself is key.  When a guy knows the playbook thoroughly then execution of their role should be flawless.  

That's actually how you end up with a RB that runs a 4.6 looking faster than his 40 time. Knowing the playbook matters. Talented players that struggle often struggle with the playbook in many ways. Like, not having the timing or patience in the game. That's why they say "the speed of the game". You have to process the game quickly and move. 

8 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

That's actually how you end up with a RB that runs a 4.6 looking faster than his 40 time. Knowing the playbook matters. Talented players that struggle often struggle with the playbook in many ways. Like, not having the timing or patience in the game. That's why they say "the speed of the game". You have to process the game quickly and move. 

Facts bro!!

10 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Sometimes I wonder if anyone thinks the players have any accountability. You teach them your system, but the have to learn the playbook. There are good football players selling insurance because they couldn't grasp the playbook. More than 90 percent of what goes wrong has to do with the playbook

Absolutely. It's why we've had coaches resort to dumbing down their playbooks in high school and on the college level and resorting to pictures on the sidelines that represent certain play calls. Then once these players get into the NFL they're totally lost on how to digest a NFL playbook.

2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Jerry Rice. Rice didn't run a great 40 time but you didn't see him getting caught from behind on game day.

27 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Absolutely. It's why we've had coaches resort to dumbing down their playbooks in high school and on the college level and resorting to pictures on the sidelines that represent certain play calls. Then once these players get into the NFL they're totally lost on how to digest a NFL playbook.

This is exactly what the deal is and why a lot of players don't translate well from my team (Bama). Everything is player friendly. Offensive players do best in WCO and zone run and defensive players (not all, most) do best in sandlot style defenses like Pees Defense. 

26 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Jerry Rice. Rice didn't run a great 40 time but you didn't see him getting caught from behind on game day.

Great routes, great execution, great understanding of the play as a whole, perfect conditioning, superior angles, great football awareness and vision. 

21 hours ago, PointSwayzee said:

Takes one decent season and that will change very quickly. Arguably our best player in franchise history bailed on the Falcons, even if we had the cap space, you think they would choose the Falcons when Jones did want to be here? It's all cyclical and us and both the Jets and Jags had pretty good offseason.

Jones was a drag on the team... malcontent the last 2 years.  Lets see how great he is this season.  He now has something to prove.

Do you think the titans are going to let him get away with not showing up for practice?  Or if he starts asking for more money?

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I remember getting our play book (high School) during the spring and we would have to study it over the summer.  Then, first week of school, we had a major exam on the subject matter.  Offense had to know the defense, defense had to know the offense.  If you failed the test, and there was always a few who did, they got to run in the blistering Texas sun.  Some never could get the gist, and never played up to their potential.  You can run like a rabbit, catch like fly paper, and be able to run straight line like a deer.  If you don't know the plays, all of that is worthless.  You see too many of these players entering pro leagues.  It happens in all sports.  Students of the game, with a modicum of athleticism get the chance to shine.  

5 hours ago, dirtybirds233 said:

Didn't they release a good bit of defensive standouts and 1 or 2 OL? 

Possibly, but all I recall was  a team that was 100 million over the cap at the start of FA and able to give 12 MILLION to Jameis (which I'm I approve of BTW that guy.. is)  8 million for a TE, 10 million for Marcus Williams, RT Ryan Ramczyk 96 million with 19.2 million average? Several other signing additions that are on par with what ATL did for roster fillers.

100 MILLION!  Over the cap?

I know (promise) this doesn't equate exactly to wins and losses.  

But it is interesting to me the 2 outliers.  The Texans have nothing to give and they are going to be dead last for a while.  The Browns have a lot of space and they are likely to be very good for several years to come.  

I like that we have a little more breathing room with regard to cap space compared to last year.  We may end up needing to push the rope before it's all done this year.  But it's great that we aren't pinned down by the limit at this time.  We're gonna be fine.

On 7/12/2021 at 5:02 PM, BLM said:

Jet's suck.  Jags could be up and coming.  But in reality I'm sure jet's could get players to play since NYC is good for branding.

Broncos waiting for Rodgers.  Would be great for us if he leaves nfc

Plus they may have a superstar at QBfor the future 

3 hours ago, Realsurfin said:

Jones was a drag on the team... malcontent the last 2 years.  Lets see how great he is this season.  He now has something to prove.

Do you think the titans are going to let him get away with not showing up for practice?  Or if he starts asking for more money?

Yeah, not sure I see things like that at all. I think he was wildly respected in the locker room and actually took the time to help younger receivers. Those "missed" practices you refer too, also contributed to him playing play 96% of the games in the 6 season prior to last year(92 of 96 games and did not miss a playoff game so the % is even higher in the 6 seasons prior to last. Not to mention he plays toward the end of 2020...if we actually had something to play for since we were pretty much eliminated by week 5.

Some of the Julio hate is silly around here, pathetic actually. Lot of very short memories from a bunch of previous Julio fanboys(not saying you, just in general).

23 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

Yeah, not sure I see things like that at all. I think he was wildly respected in the locker room and actually took the time to help younger receivers. Those "missed" practices you refer too, also contributed to him playing play 96% of the games in the 6 season prior to last year(92 of 96 games and did not miss a playoff game so the % is even higher in the 6 seasons prior to last. Not to mention he plays toward the end of 2020...if we actually had something to play for since we were pretty much eliminated by week 5.

Some of the Julio hate is silly around here, pathetic actually. Lot of very short memories from a bunch of previous Julio fanboys(not saying you, just in general).

You are assuming that he did not voice his displeasure.  Also maybe if he practiced with the team we possibly would have done better.

I do not have memory problems.  But when you burn bridges going out the door the good memories get over shadowed.  We should have shipped him to the Jets.

Edited by Realsurfin

2 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

You are assuming that he did not voice his displeasure.  Also maybe if he practiced with the team we possibly would have done better.

I do not have memory problems.  But when you burn bridges going out the door the good memories get over shadowed.  We should have ahipped him to the Jets.

I got you and see where your coming from. I have a different view, but can understand where your bitterness comes from, and respect it.

As far as shipping him to a **** team, it was never going to happen. Any team that is any sort of rebuild would never consider Jones at 32. He was going to a contender because the was the only types of teams that would consider that last piece of the puzzle.

On 7/12/2021 at 4:02 PM, BLM said:

Jet's suck.  Jags could be up and coming.  But in reality I'm sure jet's could get players to play since NYC is good for branding.

Broncos waiting for Rodgers.  Would be great for us if he leaves nfc

The Jets don’t suck. They’re just bad at football. 

The Saints Suck!

On 7/12/2021 at 4:45 PM, arrogantBEAST said:

Wonder how right

21 hours ago, dirtybirds233 said:

Didn't they release a good bit of defensive standouts and 1 or 2 OL? 

Thought it also had something to do with the timing of Brees officially filing his retirement. 

Time for Blank to flex some clout on this one-

According to the NFLPA’s public salary cap report, the Falcons will have to incur a dead cap hit of $1.1 million for the contract termination of Barkevious Mingo. He was released by the Falcons this past weekend after he turned himself into Arlington, Texas police on a charge of indecency with a child sexual contact.

These charges are serious, and any NFL organization would’ve parted ways with Mingo, who isn’t some world-class pass rusher worth waiting on the legal process to reveal the truth. It is entirely possible the Falcons are in the process of filing a grievance to recoup the guarenteed money in Mingo’s contract, but as of right now, things look bleak.

Atlanta has $7,667,494 in top 51 cap space with Mingo’s current dead cap hit, but again, the status of a grievance is unknown at this time