Details out regarding Falcons Mingo

1 hour ago, Geneaut said:

The BSA has had mandatory 2 deep leadership for many years, and has some of the best Youth Protection training available for a youth group. A vast majority of the issues with Scouts predate the 1980s.

Sorry - a Scout leader here and I get hot under the collar about this subject. As a Scout leader I never never never put myself in a position to be alone with a Scout. That is hammered into all Scouts and leaders.

I didn't mean to stereotype or offend. I teach 8th grade religious education in a Catholic church and the vetting is also stringent, as it should be

15 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

I didn't mean to stereotype or offend. I teach 8th grade religious education in a Catholic church and the vetting is also stringent, as it should be

You didn't offend. The BSA is in a bad place and I always try to keep a positive spin on it when I can.

41 minutes ago, octoslash said:

He'll get a slap on the wrist and head to Cincy.

Nope.  I read the article.  If convicted he won’t get a slap—he’ll get a daily beating from everyone in his cellblock.

He has his right to a fair trial, but this looks very bad.  The circumstantial evidence alone is pretty strong.  

15 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I agree. Children are precious. This level of evil hurts me to my core and makes me want to hurt someone seriously. I do not play when it comes to the babies. Even if they are your kids, they are under my protection. I hope they hurt him bad if this is true. 

I agree. I really thought about going into social work because someone has to protect the innocent. Just the way my temper set up if I see a kid being mentally or physically abused I’m liable to put a hollow point in someone’s skull. 

3 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

There is a good chance that will happen, but the word on the street, is that prisons have really cracked down on that type of behavior. 

My brother was in prison for a very, long time.  He was in trouble for most of his life. Coincidentally, all of his trouble started after he, and a friend were groomed, and then ultimately, molested by a disgraceful, piece of poop. My brother is a big, mean, SOB, and while in prison, he was responsible for many *** beatings of Chomos. I visited him once, and he was cryptically telling me some things. He said that it had gotten to the point that the prisoners couldn't keep up, because there were so many coming in. He said you'd be shocked at how many Chomos there are. It's freaking sick!

The Mingo situation absolutely sounds like grooming, and I would bet the guy is guilty as ****. I hope they throw the book at him, but they won't. His attorney will get him off light, and get him counseling, because they'll think they can reform him. Complete joke!

Yeah that sucks bro. Seriously. 

11 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I agree. I really thought about going into social work because someone has to protect the innocent. Just the way my temper set up if I see a kid being mentally or physically abused I’m liable to put a hollow point in someone’s skull. 

I know Bro. I feel you. 

1 hour ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Because some violent crimes will not be granted freedom or people with previous offenses won’t be allowed out and others will be released on their own recognizance???

There are WAY MORE folks in jail for non violent offenses not guilty or guilty due totally to finances. 

As well as there are even MORE that pay their way out just to commit another crime. 

Not sure why you think the ability to pay makes a difference. Oh and before you say it’s a way of making sure folks show up, you can institute a strong NO SHOW charge that can also be an incentive to come to court.

You said that they should do away with the cash bail system. That is a ridiculous statement, and I disagree with it. 

Risk should factor into whether the accused should be allowed to get out on bail. What other forms of risk mitigation would you have the justice system employ? Loss of substantial finances are a deterrent for SOME. 

So should everyone accused of a crime just have to sit in jail and wait for trial. I don't think so. Also, what does the justice system use the forfeited bail money for? That money, if used wisely, could help.

I firmly believe you need a bail system, and if I am falsely accused, I hope to **** I can benefit from it. I would hate to have to sit in jail for a crime I did not commit without the opportunity to bail out.

6 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I disagree totally. There are too many incidents where people are found to be innocent after 25 years in prison. As you said, "the legal system is a joke." Why should people not be able to get bail, when it is possible the charges are bogus?

Because the system is absurdly favorable to the rich and famous, and thousands of poor people get locked up and lost in the system for years before they're even sentenced. 

Our entire judicial system is based on how much money you have. You can just make things go away if you've got enough money. Serious crimes end up as nothing more than a minor fine for a truly wealthy person, while that same crime will completely ruin another less wealthy person's entire life.

2 hours ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

Nope.  I read the article.  If convicted he won’t get a slap—he’ll get a daily beating from everyone in his cellblock.

He has his right to a fair trial, but this looks very bad.  The circumstantial evidence alone is pretty strong.  

At 6'5" 240+, I don't think that there's a whole lot of people that would feel confident enough that they could give him a beating.

4 hours ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

Hope you're right.

But celebs and athletes these days just do what they want.  And walk away.

5 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

You said that they should do away with the cash bail system. That is a ridiculous statement, and I disagree with it. 

Risk should factor into whether the accused should be allowed to get out on bail. What other forms of risk mitigation would you have the justice system employ? Loss of substantial finances are a deterrent for SOME. 

So should everyone accused of a crime just have to sit in jail and wait for trial. I don't think so. Also, what does the justice system use the forfeited bail money for? That money, if used wisely, could help.

I firmly believe you need a bail system, and if I am falsely accused, I hope to **** I can benefit from it. I would hate to have to sit in jail for a crime I did not commit without the opportunity to bail out.

Did you even read anything I just said ? 

3 hours ago, ATLskinjob said:

Because the system is absurdly favorable to the rich and famous, and thousands of poor people get locked up and lost in the system for years before they're even sentenced. 

Our entire judicial system is based on how much money you have. You can just make things go away if you've got enough money. Serious crimes end up as nothing more than a minor fine for a truly wealthy person, while that same crime will completely ruin another less wealthy person's entire life.

I think he read, do away with Cash Bail and stopped reading. 

The reason I am sure of it because I answered his question before he even asked it by saying have a stiff penalty for NOT appearing in court. I don’t see many people skipping court if the cost is something like five years in prison plus they still have to go to trial when it’s a non violent offense that at most would be one year in jail to begin with. 

His whole response was based on emotion.

On 7/11/2021 at 12:13 AM, DonOfThemBirds said:

The story says that an investigator has been investigating since February of last year. Says they have evidence to corroborate the victim's story.

Don't know if they indeed have enough to put away Mingo or not, but that doesn't sound good for him.

They have proof of Nike sales that occurred when the teenagers said it happened. The stuff at the hotel can't be corroborated but if he's innocent he best hop on the lie detector quick. 

On 7/11/2021 at 1:15 AM, stizz said:

if you're a grown man, randomly spending money on kids you have no relation to is strange unless it's like a big brother program or something.

The hotel stuff is disgusting. Assuming it wasn't said to the police department for years because the young man was embarrassed about the situation and didn't know who to talk to.

Mingo is a sick dude.

Article said it was a family member and his friend. Not two random boys. I'm not an appologist just saying

8 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

They have proof of Nike sales that occurred when the teenagers said it happened. The stuff at the hotel can't be corroborated but if he's innocent he best hop on the lie detector quick. 

There has to be something else that's sticking to Mingo.

I don't think just matching up dates and purchases from Nike would be enough to have had a judge sign a warrant for his arrest.

There has to be more to this.

4 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I don't think just matching up dates and purchases from Nike would be enough to have had a judge sign a warrant for his arrest.

Could be but thats all the article said.

Also people are arrested all the time on someone saying someone did something. Look at Brian Banks.

1 minute ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Could be but thats all the article said.

Yeah, that's why I think a good bit of detail aren't being released to the public.

The investigation had have something that could show possibility of Mingo committing the crime.

Him buying the boy stuff without absolutely no evidence of a possible crime being committed alone wouldn't be enough for an arrest warrant. They could say that he was grooming the boy, but they would have to have some evidence that Mingo was buying him stuff with the intention of sex.

2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yeah, that's why I think a good bit of detail aren't being released to the public.

The investigation had have something that could show possibility of Mingo committing the crime.

Him buying the boy stuff without absolutely no evidence of a possible crime being committed alone wouldn't be enough for an arrest warrant. They could say that he was grooming the boy, but they would have to have some evidence that Mingo was buying him stuff with the intention of sex.

Could be another report coming elsewhere. If he's guilty there's no way that it's an isolated incident.

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Somewhere in this thread there was the mention of Akron Ohio police being told about things Mingo did. I don’t know if that’s true but could be and could be that they’re trying to find a way to connect both cases.