Jump to content

Details out regarding Falcons Mingo


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

Falcons officially released Mingo late close to midnight tonight instead of in the morning.

 

That within itself doesn't look good.

Right.. that’s a F#%# No! Get him out of here reaction. I’m guessing they found out something that was enough to cut bait immediately 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

He will have his chance in court. But the optics aren’t good at all. I would think the DA made sure the cops had sufficient enough evidence because they know Mingo is a NFL player and has money for a great attorney 

Even though I’m a huge proponent of things like legal due process and believe wholeheartedly in our constitution, rights, and laws… I am not a great believer in the legal system that is supposed to enforce and uphold those laws.

DA’s, LEO’s, and Judges indict innocent people all the time. Some DA’s probably even crave the limelight that comes with a high profile defendant and will have biases and prejudices and maybe slant their decisions as a result.

Our government, in general, is a bloated monstrosity of greed and corruption. And the entire thing is run by attorneys.  Our law enforcement agencies (at least those at the top of them) have gone full blown political, and they work off crap like quotas and worry about funding/money and political capital more than they care about the law.

So this is just my opinion, but I don’t trust anyone in anything like this until I see or hear the facts after the process is complete.

The DA in the Jussie Smollet case swore he was telling the truth, too, until it turned out he wasn’t.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, TheRisen999 said:

Cleared or not, under this new regime he’s done here. They’re not going to even entertain anything that’ll paint the organization in a bad light. Fontenot and Smith have young kids, as a father I can tell you after THOSE details there’s no chance they want that guy anywhere near the team. They cut buddy before the day was even over.. his NFL career is probably over. No team wants to be attached to that and he’s not good enough to even risk taking that kind of chance. The Falcons washed their hands of him ASAP and I’m glad to see that kind of leadership here. Under Dan Quinn and Dimitroff we might’ve seen this drag on throughout training camp or longer.

This is BS. It's one thing to talk **** about Quinn and TD as respective coach and GM in Atlanta, matter of fact it's flat out deserved. But to assume that they would let something like this linger or "drag out" is pure ******* garbage.

The exact same thing would happen regardless what the regime was in place because of Blank. However, since we are in the "They are the greatest Coach/GM in Falcons History" (despite not having one single game under their respective belts) they are getting credit now for what ANY football team would have done immediately. Nut Hugging at it's absolute finest.

I hated DQ/TD with every fiber in my body as the HC/GM of the Falcons. Your going way beyond that and talking **** about a mans character hidden behind your computer screen.

Garbage post.

Edited by PointSwayzee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Beef said:

Even though I’m a huge proponent of things like legal due process and believe wholeheartedly in our constitution, rights, and laws… I am not a great believer in the legal system that is supposed to enforce and uphold those laws.

DA’s, LEO’s, and Judges indict innocent people all the time. Some DA’s probably even crave the limelight that comes with a high profile defendant and will have biases and prejudices and maybe slant their decisions as a result.

Our government, in general, is a bloated monstrosity of greed and corruption. And the entire thing is run by attorneys.  Our law enforcement agencies (at least those at the top of them) have gone full blown political, and they work off crap like quotas and worry about funding/money and political capital more than they care about the law.

So this is just my opinion, but I don’t trust anyone in anything like this until I see or hear the facts after the process is complete.

The DA in the Jussie Smollet case swore he was telling the truth, too, until it turned out he wasn’t.

You make great points. I’m not a believer in our judicial system either. And sadly politics has found their way into law enforcement and even courtrooms when it comes to who is charged and not charged or even sentences 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

Even if Mingo did somehow mention he was under investigation to the Falcons, he could've downplayed the severity of the situation to them as if it wouldn't be much of a problem.

I certainly agree as he apparently did not mention or did downplay it.   He probably knew what the accusation was, who was involved and how it would be perceived if I'm being generous.   I was specific with the "such an investigation" comment as I do not believe the org would have welcomed someone under investigation for anything close to that.   Woulda, shoulda etc...I just hate that I keep seeing "Falcons linebacker Barkevious....sexual contact with a child " in all the headlines when dude has done nothing for this team, innocent or guilty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First of all. It's repulsive what they are saying Mingo did. Falcons did the right thing cutting him. I am 100% against what he is being accused of. 

Now legal... Charges can be and can say anything and are not "proof" of anything. Very important thing to be aware of, being arrested is not being indicted.  Remember that.

Also It is very common in the US justice system for charges at arrest and charges at indictment to change and be different. So many people get angry when they read the arrest charges and then someone is found innocent or have charges changed to lesser offenses. Just remember, initially the charges are like throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks. It's the indictment charges you should care about because that is what the District Attorney is charging because they think they can prove it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BLM said:

When is Deshaun Watson gonna get banned?  I like how the media stopped talking anything about it. NFL definitely trying to sweep the rug.

Media talks more about Aaron Rodgers than DeShaun Watson.

You don't get like 20 accusations and it being false.  Where there's smoke there's fire and there's too much smoke on this one.

Unless the 19 after the 1st accuser sees dollar signs. I would love more evidence on his case as well. Detective work intrigues me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Beef said:

And, if this is the situation, where there is zero way to prove the case, don’t we all need to then consider the possibility that the boy’s mother concocted a money grab extortion scheme?

There’s not “zero evidence” - there is the victim’s detailed account of what happened. At trial he will have to take the stand and testify under oath what he claims happened that night, and that is absolutely evidence that the jury must decide as to whether they find it credible. 

And Mingo will have to either rely on his attorney cross-examining the boy to try and poke holes in his story, or he will have to take the stand and give his version. It’s almost never a good idea for a defendant to testify in a criminal case. 

You’re correct that we have no idea if there is other evidence - did the other boy see or hear anything, any “physical” evidence of the sexual conduct. Some or all of that may exist, if it does it will have to be turned over in discovery. Whether the mother has initiated a civil claim against him, and, if so, when, will be relevant things to consider. 

Who knows what the DA’s motivations are, but it was reported, it was investigated, and he chose to press a single charge. I looked up the statute, it simply requires sexual contact with a minor, which is consistent with the victim’s account. This is a state charge, not federal. Federal prosecutors have a 97% conviction rate, they don’t do political/show prosecutions. State prosecutors sometimes do. If there was evidence to support the charge and the DA declined to charge him, then he would have been accused of letting sexual assault against a child slide. 

Unless there’s other evidence, it sounds like the DA will rely on the direct evidence of the victim’s testimony, and argue the circumstantial evidence of the events that day to argue he was grooming the boy. It’s not impossible that the victim made this up for money, but I think it being a teenage boy vs a young woman changes the dynamic of that. 

TL;DR, he’s innocent until proven guilty in our imperfect court system (which favors people with money like him) I’m glad he’s not on this team anymore. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

As I said in the thread that got locked yesterday, I support "innocent until proven guilty" but the charge was way too out there to keep him on the roster.   Very decisive action on the part of the Falcons and shame on Mingo for not letting the Falcons know he was under such an investigation.

He knew that would be the kiss of death to any chance of being signed to a contract.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

He will have his chance in court. But the optics aren’t good at all. I would think the DA made sure the cops had sufficient enough evidence because they know Mingo is a NFL player and has money for a great attorney 

Exactly. DA’s aren’t stupid. They know that they can legally only charge a person for a crime once in their lifetime and they wouldn’t file these charges without some kind of concrete proof. Especially someone with the kind of money to buy the best legal defense money can buy.

Someone mentioned why DeShaun Watson hasn’t been charged yet and something done by the NFL, and this is exactly why. They’re making sure everything is in order before filing charges.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

This news story is a cherry on top for the nastiness and degradation to our society we see everyday now.  

Hug your children, be good parents, and do the right things in life.  Mr. Mingo, innocent until proven guilty should get his day in court.  And, he should accept the ramifications of his actions should he be found guilty.  Prison will be tough for a former NFL player, and child predator.

You touched on the point of this that really bothers me.  Where were these kid's families?  Who let's their children, even older teens, go off with a man like that and stay in a hotel.  I think there are some parents that need to be prosecuted. Hey, JMHO.  I know I am a little emotional about this.  But, I had a conversation with someone very knowledgeable about child trafficking in Atlanta.  I asked him if a child is rescued, can they have a life?  He did not hesitate to answer "No".

We are not allowed to have political discussions here, so I will not jump into who is responsible for human trafficking, how it can be stopped, and why it is not being stopped.

I think we should all pray about this.  Pray for the victims.  Pray for the corrupt politicians who refuse to stop this.  Pray for the predators.  Many prayers needed.

Mods, if I need a time-out, that is OK.  I probably need one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NorthGaBoy said:

You touched on the point of this that really bothers me.  Where were these kid's families?  Who let's their children, even older teens, go off with a man like that and stay in a hotel.  I think there are some parents that need to be prosecuted. Hey, JMHO.  I know I am a little emotional about this.  But, I had a conversation with someone very knowledgeable about child trafficking in Atlanta.  I asked him if a child is rescued, can they have a life?  He did not hesitate to answer "No".

We are not allowed to have political discussions here, so I will not jump into who is responsible for human trafficking, how it can be stopped, and why it is not being stopped.

I think we should all pray about this.  Pray for the victims.  Pray for the corrupt politicians who refuse to stop this.  Pray for the predators.  Many prayers needed.

Mods, if I need a time-out, that is OK.  I probably need one.

It was a teenage family member and his friend. It's normal for family members to allow their kids to spend time with older uncle's or cousins. Being a football player, the friends parents probably felt comfortable as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Beef said:

I’m just curious how law enforcement proves the allegations.

I understand it’s odd he took 2 teenage boys to six flags, go-cart racing, a shopping spree, and then he gets them a hotel room with an adjoining room, but don’t the allegations then boil down to “he said vs he said”?

No.  I worked with a guy who was probably going to be a lifetime bachelor and womanizer.  He was dating one woman that got upset about something.  She accused the guy of molesting her daughter.  The FBI came into his home, took the beds, linens, carpets, and basically ruined the entire modeling inside the home.  Extensive testing was done on everything.  He had to pass tests that included seeing young girls in provocative poses.  He had to sit in a room and be observed with the woman's daughter.  The daughters interactions were the most important evidence.  My co-worker was cleared of all charges.  Nothing was done to the accuser.  There was no restitution for the damage to his home.

The bottom line.  When it all started his attorney told him that with a child molestation charge, the court presumed he was guilty until proven innocent.  The law actually states that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, BLM said:

When is Deshaun Watson gonna get banned?  I like how the media stopped talking anything about it. NFL definitely trying to sweep the rug.

Media talks more about Aaron Rodgers than DeShaun Watson.

You don't get like 20 accusations and it being false.  Where there's smoke there's fire and there's too much smoke on this one.

There’s nothing else to talk about when it comes to Watson. You want the media to keep talking about the same stuff when no new developments are coming out? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, NorthGaBoy said:

No.  I worked with a guy who was probably going to be a lifetime bachelor and womanizer.  He was dating one woman that got upset about something.  She accused the guy of molesting her daughter.  The FBI came into his home, took the beds, linens, carpets, and basically ruined the entire modeling inside the home.  Extensive testing was done on everything.  He had to pass tests that included seeing young girls in provocative poses.  He had to sit in a room and be observed with the woman's daughter.  The daughters interactions were the most important evidence.  My co-worker was cleared of all charges.  Nothing was done to the accuser.  There was no restitution for the damage to his home.

The bottom line.  When it all started his attorney told him that with a child molestation charge, the court presumed he was guilty until proven innocent.  The law actually states that.

That's the sad part of the justice system, especially when it comes to being a man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay say we throw out all the allegations and just look at what facts are agreed to it’s still enough for the team to want nothing to do with him. If the allegations are false he still put himself in a place for them to be made and if they are true then he should go away for a long time. We don’t need a player like this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

This news story is a cherry on top for the nastiness and degradation to our society we see everyday now.  

This is always such a goofy take. Humans have been victimizing each other since we’ve been on this planet. Look back at what Greek and Roman men were doing with boys (and they were obviously not the first). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

There’s not “zero evidence” - there is the victim’s detailed account of what happened. At trial he will have to take the stand and testify under oath what he claims happened that night, and that is absolutely evidence that the jury must decide as to whether they find it credible. 

And Mingo will have to either rely on his attorney cross-examining the boy to try and poke holes in his story, or he will have to take the stand and give his version. It’s almost never a good idea for a defendant to testify in a criminal case. 

You’re correct that we have no idea if there is other evidence - did the other boy see or hear anything, any “physical” evidence of the sexual conduct. Some or all of that may exist, if it does it will have to be turned over in discovery. Whether the mother has initiated a civil claim against him, and, if so, when, will be relevant things to consider. 

Who knows what the DA’s motivations are, but it was reported, it was investigated, and he chose to press a single charge. I looked up the statute, it simply requires sexual contact with a minor, which is consistent with the victim’s account. This is a state charge, not federal. Federal prosecutors have a 97% conviction rate, they don’t do political/show prosecutions. State prosecutors sometimes do. If there was evidence to support the charge and the DA declined to charge him, then he would have been accused of letting sexual assault against a child slide. 

Unless there’s other evidence, it sounds like the DA will rely on the direct evidence of the victim’s testimony, and argue the circumstantial evidence of the events that day to argue he was grooming the boy. It’s not impossible that the victim made this up for money, but I think it being a teenage boy vs a young woman changes the dynamic of that. 

TL;DR, he’s innocent until proven guilty in our imperfect court system (which favors people with money like him) I’m glad he’s not on this team anymore. 

They are going to wire up Mingo and have him watch porno films of young boys.  His reactions, no matter how hard he tries to conceal them, will become evidence.  If positive, it will not prove guilt, but it will prove he is potential predator of young boys.  That will make it difficult to prove his innocense, especially of the defense attempts to present him as a normal, good human being with no strange fetishes. 

If he is guilty, the investigators will uncover other suspicious situations.  Building a case is a very slow methodical process.  If the accused is guilty, the squeeze gets tighter and tighter until they have no options for convincing a jury of their innocense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Not a shocker in the least. It was well known in Cleveland that he was into under aged boys. ****, Akron Police Dept took a call and/or had an investigation about his child exploits.

If that is true, Mingo is in an almost indefensible spot.  That cannot become evidence.  It will let the DA know he needs to uncover these tendencies with court admissible tests.  And, remember, jurors are taking in the news now.  They will be told they cannot consider anything but court testimony and court admitted evidence, but they are people.  They will have their opinions.  They will do what they think is the right thing to do.

Mingo's attorney is thinking about how to get him into maximum security.  The DA is thinking about how to get him into minimum security.  That is where the battle line is drawn. 

God help everyone involved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Exactly. DA’s aren’t stupid. They know that they can legally only charge a person for a crime once in their lifetime and they wouldn’t file these charges without some kind of concrete proof. Especially someone with the kind of money to buy the best legal defense money can buy.

Someone mentioned why DeShaun Watson hasn’t been charged yet and something done by the NFL, and this is exactly why. They’re making sure everything is in order before filing charges.

They had concrete proof when they indicted and convicted Brian Banks?

Clearly they did not.

DA’s charge people with crimes without proof ALL THE TIME. Especially misdemeanors.  If they always had proof, and that was the standard, the concept of “circumstantial evidence” may not even exist or need invoking, and there would be 100% conviction rates across the board.

A good friend of mine who was a 20 year officer for APD before taking early retirement to get out of what he called a “cesspool of corruption and political gaming”, has told me all about the “quota system” they were subjected to.

It wasn’t about justice and law enforcement, it was about elected leaders and officials mandating bust and fine quotas. Whether it was drug offenses or just traffic citations, they had numbers they had to hit every month and quarter or they were penalized somehow.

Thats not how it should work. And my buddy was strong enough to voice his disagreements and get out. But he has countless friends in law enforcement who also hate the system they work under but have no alternative livelihoods and are stuck trying to do the right thing in a system that only rewards people who help those at the top game the system for power, wealth, and political gain.

And if you guys don’t think this stuff happens on a federal level too, you’re being absurdly naive.

The full SWAT 5am raids on guys like Roger Stone and Rudy Guilliani, while doing press conferences exonerating the Clintons after listing off 10 felonies every one of us would be crucified for, or Jussie Smollet perpetrating a hoax that cost millions and polarized the entire country, but even the feds swept that under the rug while the corrupt state DA lambasted police officers like it was all their fault, are perfect examples of political bias and 2-tiered law enforcement.

Or how about ANTIFA firebombing federal buildings, police cars, and entire towns, and state AND federal DA’s and judges who have video verified 100% guilty perpetrators in custody, just dropping charges and letting them walk free… even after they continually repeat the offenses?

Many think this is just a “systemic racism” issue, but it’s actually just a “power” issue, and people of all races and creeds are victims of it.

Look, I’m just ultimately saying let’s wait and see, and stop acting like those in power over this situation not only have everyone’s best interests at heart, but that they only care about justice and doing the right thing.

It’s about time people wake up and realize the overwhelming vast majority of people in and with any level of government power are not always well intentioned. And in my wisdom have learned most are actually corrupt and only care about what benefits them rather than us.

If Mingo is guilty, fry him for all I care. But just know that he could be innocent and still might be taken down because that’s just the world we live in right now. And I pray more of us wake up to the fact that truth and justice and guilt have all become subjective anymore.

Edited by Beef
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

I remember seeing this tweet in response to an article before the details came out. Is there reason to question our due diligence on this one? 

 

 

 

Wow

 

That's really crazy if that's the truth. Wonder why Patriots, Bears, and Falcons didn't pick up on that if that is the case?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, jetpac said:

Guilty until proven innocent much?

did you even read the article?

12 hours ago, stizz said:

if you're a grown man, randomly spending money on kids you have no relation to is strange unless it's like a big brother program or something.

The hotel stuff is disgusting. Assuming it wasn't said to the police department for years because the young man was embarrassed about the situation and didn't know who to talk to.

Mingo is a sick dude.

exactly

 

get this guy a plane ticket to California or something Mr. Blank... get him out of here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...