Details out regarding Falcons Mingo

1 hour ago, Slumerican said:

Right move imo, evidence definitely isn't looking good for Mingo..still can't believe he got a bond

Not so much surprised he made bail.

He was bonded out for $25,000. Which means his bail was set at $250,000.

Most people don't have $25,000 to post that high of a bond. Mingo is lucky that he's an NFL player.

When is Deshaun Watson gonna get banned?  I like how the media stopped talking anything about it. NFL definitely trying to sweep the rug.

Media talks more about Aaron Rodgers than DeShaun Watson.

You don't get like 20 accusations and it being false.  Where there's smoke there's fire and there's too much smoke on this one.

Edited by BLM

2 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Not so much surprised he made bail.

He was bonded out for $25,000. Which means his bail was set at $250,000.

Most people don't have $25,000 to post that high of a bond. Mingo is lucky that he's an NFL player.

Yeah he is lucky. I still think it's messed up that our judicial systems punishments are really based on how much money you have, instead of the severity of the crime. 

I really hope that he's not guilty, and that none of it is true. Unfortunately, the framing of the story and the details provided just sound all too real.

21 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

Yeah he is lucky. I still think it's messed up that our judicial systems punishments are really based on how much money you have, instead of the severity of the crime. 

I really hope that he's not guilty, and that none of it is true. Unfortunately, the framing of the story and the details provided just sound all too real.

Yepper! The cash bail system is a total joke as well as the legal system as a whole. 

There shouldn’t even be a CASH BAIL system to begin with! 

If you are charged with a certain crime you shouldn’t get out solely because you can buy your way out. 

see, you about to get me started! Lol

4 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

You'd be surprised.

But this is really sick if he did do this. Should never play football again and be put under the prison if true.

I wouldn’t be surprised, but the d@mining evidence is him Spending money like that on those boys. 

dude dropped at least a couple of C notes in one day on two kids that ain’t even his! 

That’s not a good paper trail at all!

6 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Did we guarantee him any money? Surely we can get that back if we did... right? 

6 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I'd be surprised if Falcons pay him a dime under these circumstances.

Also is the word terminated in contract terms different than being released or cut?

Does the term terminated mean that it isn't going to be honored and just 100% voided?

I would think teams have ethics clauses in thier standard contracts?   Mingo already got like 170K to sign with the Falcons.... his contract was guaranteed to pay Mingo another 900-plus K.  I would think that 900K will be voided, giving the Falcons over 10 million in cap space.

Edited by egoprime II

4 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

As I said in the thread that got locked yesterday, I support "innocent until proven guilty" but the charge was way too out there to keep him on the roster.   Very decisive action on the part of the Falcons and shame on Mingo for not letting the Falcons know he was under such an investigation.

Even if Mingo did somehow mention he was under investigation to the Falcons, he could've downplayed the severity of the situation to them as if it wouldn't be much of a problem.

This news story is a cherry on top for the nastiness and degradation to our society we see everyday now.  

Hug your children, be good parents, and do the right things in life.  Mr. Mingo, innocent until proven guilty should get his day in court.  And, he should accept the ramifications of his actions should he be found guilty.  Prison will be tough for a former NFL player, and child predator.

8 hours ago, NorthGaBoy said:

I am going to put a link on here, but I advise you to not read it.  You do not want to know what a Falcon player did.  You want to know the Falcons will have no choice but to cut Mingo if this is found to be true.  The NFL will likely ban him.  Law enforcement is going to have to investigate.  This is too bad to not pursue.  Mingo may have ruined his life.

OK.  Here is the link.  Again, don't go there.  It will not be an enjoyable read.  I am sorry I read this.

Details of the Barkevious Mingo Child Sex Offense Allegation

Rather than clicking on the link which I am posting so that you will know this is not BS, accept that unless he is cleared, Mingo will not be a Falcon much longer. 

Cleared or not, under this new regime he’s done here. They’re not going to even entertain anything that’ll paint the organization in a bad light. Fontenot and Smith have young kids, as a father I can tell you after THOSE details there’s no chance they want that guy anywhere near the team. They cut buddy before the day was even over.. his NFL career is probably over. No team wants to be attached to that and he’s not good enough to even risk taking that kind of chance. The Falcons washed their hands of him ASAP and I’m glad to see that kind of leadership here. Under Dan Quinn and Dimitroff we might’ve seen this drag on throughout training camp or longer.

1 minute ago, TheRisen999 said:

Cleared or not, under this new regime he’s done here. They’re not going to even entertain anything that’ll paint the organization in a bad light. Fontenot and Smith have young kids, as a father I can tell you after THOSE details there’s no chance they want that guy anywhere near the team. They cut buddy before the day was even over.. his NFL career is probably over. No team wants to be attached to that and he’s not good enough to even risk taking that kind of chance. The Falcons washed their hands of him ASAP and I’m glad to see that kind of leadership here. Under Dan Quinn and Dimitroff we might’ve seen this drag on throughout training camp or longer.

"In Brotherhood".  I applaud the Falcons for taking swift action.

I’m just curious how law enforcement proves the allegations.

I understand it’s odd he took 2 teenage boys to six flags, go-cart racing, a shopping spree, and then he gets them a hotel room with an adjoining room, but don’t the allegations then boil down to “he said vs he said”?

Unless the other boy is corroborating the story, or Mingo left some DNA *cough* on the kid, I don’t see how they prove a case against Mingo.

And, if this is the situation, where there is zero way to prove the case, don’t we all need to then consider the possibility that the boy’s mother concocted a money grab extortion scheme?

It’s not as if this never happens. Brian Banks was ruined over false allegations. Civil courts have become a tool for money grabs for some evil people. A legal way to bypass back door blackmail and extortion. Just make up an allegation and sue, then reap the punitive damages award or out of court settlement.

I agree the showering the boys with gifts looks like grooming, and the hotel thing is suspicious and just weird in general, but if there is in fact zero corroborating evidence, I can’t ignore the possibility of Mingo being the innocent victim of a devious mother trying to get paid.

We need to hear more details before instantly condemning the man.

Edited by Beef

4 minutes ago, Beef said:

I understand it’s odd he took 2 teenage boys to six flags, go-cart racing, a shopping spree, and then he gets them a hotel room with an adjoining room, but don’t the allegations then boil down to “he said vs he said”?

Unless the other boy is corroborating the story, or Mingo left some DNA *cough* on the kid, I don’t see how they prove a case against Mingo.

And, if this is the situation, where there is zero way to prove the case, don’t we all need to then consider the possibility that the boy’s mother concocted a money grab extortion scheme?

It’s not as if this never happens. Brian Banks was ruined over false allegations. Civil courts have become a tool for money grabs for some evil people. A legal way to bypass back door blackmail and extortion. Just make up an allegation and sue, then reap the punitive damages award.

I agree the showering the boys with gifts looks like grooming, and the hotel thing is suspicious and just weird in general, but if there is in fact zero corroborating evidence, I can’t ignore the possibility of Mingo being the innocent victim of a devious mother trying to get paid.

True.  However, the team saw enough information to swiftly cut all ties with him.  

17 minutes ago, Beef said:

It’s not as if this never happens. Brian Banks was ruined over false allegations. Civil courts have become a tool for money grabs for some evil people. A legal way to bypass back door blackmail and extortion. Just make up an allegation and sue, then reap the punitive damages award or out of court settlement.

He will have his chance in court. But the optics aren’t good at all. I would think the DA made sure the cops had sufficient enough evidence because they know Mingo is a NFL player and has money for a great attorney 

1 minute ago, Herr Doktor said:

True.  However, the team saw enough information to swiftly cut all ties with him.  

Oh I have no problem at all with what the Falcons did.  We shouldn’t have to bear the burden of a PR nightmare and let the locker room and team news cycle be consumed with toxic questions by the media and fans, even if it turns out to have all been false.

I’m just talking about the folks who are immediately finding him guilty before due process has been done.

If he turns out to be guilty after due process is done, then by all means, bury him under the jail like should happen to all kiddie diddlers.

But until then, dude is presumed innocent until proven guilty. And I just wish we would all be at this stage rather than some throwing this premise out the window so easily.

I’m guilty of doing it myself in the past, but I’m a little older and wiser now. I’ve become a cynic when it comes to matters where the end result could mean a big payday for one side. Our society has a lot more greed and evil in it than I realized in my earlier days.