Details out regarding Falcons Mingo

1 minute ago, shc said:

The second part was about n relation to your comment about people lying about these things. It isn’t the norm. 

I never said it was normal. But it does happen, especially to high profile people who can offer up a large settlement to avoid going to court. It would be naive to think that some people don't see this as a money grab.

1 hour ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

If any of our TATF friends happen to wander down here,

Cch__e.gif

This will forever tickle me. Not a single person is above this sub forum and they miss out on some decent conversation. If they don't want to talk politics, they can be like me and randomly change the subject to food 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

This will forever tickle me. Not a single person is above this sub forum and they miss out on some decent conversation. If they don't want to talk politics, they can be like me and randomly change the subject to food 

I don’t come here because the couple of times I’ve ventured down here over the years I’ve been severely attacked for my views and opinions so I just avoid this place. Better than the alternative where having a different opinion gets shamed, especially in the political threads.

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

I don’t come here because the couple of times I’ve ventured down here over the years I’ve been severely attacked for my views and opinions so I just avoid this place. Better than the alternative where having a different opinion gets shamed, especially in the political threads.

I've been coming down here for years and have seen everything. These dudes are no different than TATF regulars who attack people regularly. They argue with each other just as much and show respect at the end of the day. You would have to stay long enough to reach that point. Most times people come down here only to stir up drama just to stir up drama. These dudes are literally no different than anyone on TATF, you guys just choose not to give them a chance. I've been attacked for my opinions in TATF and down here. I have attacked opinions in both. It comes with posting on a message board. 

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I've been coming down here for years and have seen everything. These dudes are no different than TATF regulars who attack people regularly. They argue with each other just as much and show respect at the end of the day. You would have to stay long enough to reach that point. Most times people come down here only to stir up drama just to stir up drama. These dudes are literally no different than anyone on TATF, you guys just choose not to give them a chance. I've been attacked for my opinions in TATF and down here. I have attacked opinions in both. It comes with posting on a message board. 

Meh, personal attacks for your beliefs is different than being attacked for having a bad football opinion. When you start attacking people for having different beliefs and political views than you do that crosses a line IMO.

10 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Also, if you feel your opinion will be attacked, simply don't speak on whatever is being discussed. You literally do not realize how often conversations are derailed to talk about movies, sports, food, video games, music, etc.. 

@Mr. Hoopah! How often do I get involved in political conversation? 

If I or anyone else starts discussing anything else, does that not become the hot topic of conversation for a while?

Outside of particular relationships, are disagreements not pushed to the back burner at the end of the day?

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Meh, personal attacks for your beliefs is different than being attacked for having a bad football opinion. When you start attacking people for having different beliefs and political views than you do that crosses a line IMO.

Yeah hate to tell you but that's literally the whole point of having a discussion. If you think you get attacked and it's on a personal level, that's on you. There's literally no difference between ABF and TATF. Just like in real life, you have to show respect to earn respect. It isn't given just because you insert yourself into a conversation with people you aren't familiar with 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Yeah hate to tell you but that's literally the whole point of having a discussion. If you think you get attacked and it's on a personal level, that's on you. There's literally no difference between ABF and TATF. Just like in real life, you have to show respect to earn respect. It isn't given just because you insert yourself into a conversation with people you aren't familiar with 

You can disagree with people without making it personal. The conversations I've had on here have become extremely personal, and I'm not just talking about people I've never had conversations with before. Some of the venom was from people that I've associated with other places on this board.

I don't know why you're automatically assuming that I've come in here throwing around a bunch of insults and reaped what I sowed when that isn't the way it's gone down. I've been respectful but when that respect isn't returned, well...yeah..that's the way it's been for me here.

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

You can disagree with people without making it personal. The conversations I've had on here have become extremely personal, and I'm not just talking about people I've never had conversations with before. Some of the venom was from people that I've associated with other places on this board.

I don't know why you're automatically assuming that I've come in here throwing around a bunch of insults and reaped what I sowed when that isn't the way it's gone down. I've been respectful but when that respect isn't returned, well...yeah..that's the way it's been for me here.

I'm not automatically assuming anything. I'm literally telling you what happens when TATF regulars come down here. You don't have to take my word for it. If you don't believe it, feel free to scroll through the first 10 pages of threads and simply look at thread titles and who start them. You don't even have to open the thread to know what the gist of what it is. 

But I digress. Thankfully this thread will be dead in a couple of days

19 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Rarely does it get personal here. Some people do equate someone criticizing their beliefs as personal, but rarely is. About the only time you see someone attacked personally, is when they have a history here. 

1 hour ago, shc said:

Rarely does it get personal here. Some people do equate someone criticizing their beliefs as personal, but rarely is. About the only time you see someone attacked personally, is when they have a history here. 

Part of the problem with TATF regulars who come down here is that it turns into this side vs that side. There's less than 10 TATF'ers who come down here and 2-3 of them do nothing but stir up drama just for the sake of stirring up drama. 

Take last year for example, when Autiger was in the big thread giving his opinions and they were being disagreed with, he was fine defending his opinion but 1 TATF regular and 1 ABF regular started chiming in and throwing fuel on the fire and it led to what Autiger feels were personal attacks on him. Had those 2 never jumped in and started fueling the flame, Autiger would probably have a different opinion of this sub. 

Do conversations get heated, sure. Do they linger, no. Unless, as you stated, there's a history between posters. Other than that, generally speaking,  if Autiger were to get into a heated debate all day long with 1 or 2 guys and ended the day on a positive note, I know good and well that no one would look at him as they do the known trouble starters. I've been coming down here long enough and had my own rifts with a few people so I'm confident in saying that. 

Just my word of advice, never let anyone else get you amped up because they want drama. Voice your opinion. If someone disagrees, they disagree. No one gets personal and none of the posts should be taken personal

51 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Part of the problem with TATF regulars who come down here is that it turns into this side vs that side. There's less than 10 TATF'ers who come down here and 2-3 of them do nothing but stir up drama just for the sake of stirring up drama. 

Take last year for example, when Autiger was in the big thread giving his opinions and they were being disagreed with, he was fine defending his opinion but 1 TATF regular and 1 ABF regular started chiming in and throwing fuel on the fire and it led to what Autiger feels were personal attacks on him. Had those 2 never jumped in and started fueling the flame, Autiger would probably have a different opinion of this sub. 

Do conversations get heated, sure. Do they linger, no. Unless, as you stated, there's a history between posters. Other than that, generally speaking,  if Autiger were to get into a heated debate all day long with 1 or 2 guys and ended the day on a positive note, I know good and well that no one would look at him as they do the known trouble starters. I've been coming down here long enough and had my own rifts with a few people so I'm confident in saying that. 

Just my word of advice, never let anyone else get you amped up because they want drama. Voice your opinion. If someone disagrees, they disagree. No one gets personal and none of the posts should be taken personal

I'm surprised you remember what happened. And yeah, it was fine for a while even though my opinions were different. But it's whatever. I've grown as a person and a poster since then. I've gotten a lot better at realizing when someone is trying to bait me and just leaving it be.

6 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I'm surprised you remember what happened. And yeah, it was fine for a while even though my opinions were different. But it's whatever. I've grown as a person and a poster since then. I've gotten a lot better at realizing when someone is trying to bait me and just leaving it be.

My memory is great. I just like playing stupid to see how people react. 

On 7/12/2021 at 10:02 PM, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Article said it was a family member and his friend. Not two random boys. I'm not an appologist just saying

My uncles were not buying my buddies gifts or having it delivered to their home. That is 100 percent a red flag.

5 hours ago, stizz said:

My uncles were not buying my buddies gifts or having it delivered to their home. That is 100 percent a red flag.

Neither did mine. But my uncles didn’t have a lot of money. 

19 hours ago, stizz said:

I thought they were out shopping together? I'd by my my nephew and his friend some new kicks if I was a multi-millionaire. I'm definitely not covering for the guy but I don't do the Nancy Grace thing.

It's a tad silly to incriminate uncle's in general for being nice to his nephew and a friend. Especially if said uncle is rich and is willing to volunteer that. It's not like the family knew this would happen. I'm positive if the family knew he had a history doing this they wouldn't allow it. 

Had this story been he took his nephew and a friend shopping and bought all kids in the store shoes, you same guys would be praising him. So don't go as far as making it seem like a crime if any uncle does something nice for their nephew or niece for that matter. 

That being said, I'm going to proudly continue to do nice things for my nephew when I'm able to and if they're with a friend on that day, they're friend will get hooked up too. It's silly to make it seem like uncle's shouldn't be allowed alone with their nephew or niece just because this story came out

3 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I thought they were out shopping together? I'd by my my nephew and his friend some new kicks if I was a multi-millionaire. I'm definitely not covering for the guy but I don't do the Nancy Grace thing.

The story said he had gifts sent to his home.

You can tell who is a bit lax when it comes to childcare in this thread. IDK if it's because I work in news and have seen some disgusting stories, but I'm sorry, an adult male lavishing a friend of his nephew is odd.

6 hours ago, stizz said:

The story said he had gifts sent to his home.

Missed that. Unless it was something bought while shopping that day that wasn't in stock and thus shipped from warehouse to home then yeah thats ****** up. If grown man sent a gift to my kid via mail A LOT of questions would be asked.