Jump to content

July 2021 UGA Recruiting Thread


Recommended Posts

From SoFL Dawg today:

SoFl_Dawg

SoFl_Dawg

Administrator
So sneaking this in as it’s been a busy week for me. Checked in on where things stand on a couple of recruits. This isn’t the thread for it, but looking good in 23 as well.

CJ Madden- lil major pic here - which signifies extreme confidence will be a Dawg.

Andre Greene-
Doubling down here…we lead and I’ve seen the angst about his visit schedule. Word I got was that his parents are exhausted from the visits. Nothing more to it.  

Shemar Stewart-
Everything I said about him and the U, slow it down. I need to backtrack. We’re still really in this is the word I got today. They’re trending, but he’s conversing with staff daily and that includes multiple staff members. He is planning to take decision to the fall and there was chatter he could announce before season start. This will be a NIL recruitment; don’t have to love it, but it is what it is.

Daylen Everette- 
Final prediction UNC. We made it interesting but UNC out-recruited us here. They just connected with him and his circle more effectively.  

Addison Nichols-
OSU has evened things up. True toss up is what I was told today. Teams are negatively recruiting our depth chart which is fine. Great player, please don’t freak over a position that’s not a major need this cycle if we lose him.  

Kamari Wilson-
Drop lil major again. We’re recruiting him as hard as ever. We should be good to go here.

Dani Dennis Sutton-
Very close to lil major and will probably drop this weekend unless I hear something different.  

Enai White-
Not UGA. Don’t know where he’s headed but I don’t think it will be Athens.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Addison Nichols just came out w/ his top 3 and Dawgs were eliminated

 

Tennessee, Ohio State and North Carolina

perhaps the depth chart scared him away

I think you'll see more of this with NIL. Time on the bench now costs you money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AutumnEffect said:

I think you'll see more of this with NIL. Time on the bench now costs you money.

never thought of it like that.

Wonder how much NIL money is going to go to an offensive lineman though?  OLine gets no love in advertising - good luck Addison.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/14/2021 at 1:20 PM, g-dawg said:

Addison Nichols just came out w/ his top 3 and Dawgs were eliminated

 

Tennessee, Ohio State and North Carolina

perhaps the depth chart scared him away

Mom is a UTurd Grad as well apparently which might have been a part of it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

list of players? SoFl's update was a bit less than positive today on a few different players.

I know we still have a lot of time to swing some, but all I see is buckeyes this and Alabama that plus Clemson of course. Hope we turn this ship.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/17/2021 at 7:26 AM, SacFalcFan said:

All I gotta say is I am glad it is just July.  We gotta win and show a pulse offensively.  This staff always starts slow but they close very well. 

Yeah... I am not overly concerned, and even a slightly disappointing class for us, like a 5-10 ranked class overall is fine so long as we address the biggest needs. On field product is really the biggest and most critical factor this year by a huge margin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2021 at 9:02 PM, 007dawg said:

Who,? I looked but didn’t see any.

My bad.  I did a quick look on the UGA247 site and saw the cb’s, not realizing that they were only showing UGA cb’s. 🤦‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Yeah... I am not overly concerned, and even a slightly disappointing class for us, like a 5-10 ranked class overall is fine so long as we address the biggest needs. On field product is really the biggest and most critical factor this year by a huge margin.

There are what 3 to 4 positional groups we must address IMO and I think we will.. The class ranking the last 2 years don't matter due to how little camps were done and how little film there are on players.  We usually start slow though so I am not concerned and I can see a lot of guys flipping at the end of the year after they do more visits.  Yep if we win big and have a great on the field product that takes care of itself, but we gotta make the playoff IMO.  We can't have 3 straight #1 ranked classes and not show it on the field.  That will be used against us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AutumnEffect said:

These NIL deals for UGA are producing some eye-popping numbers. Those USC kids are gonna wake up when they see.

I know this a little off topic, but is there anything in place to help these kids with handling money? Guys in the NFL get classes but these are literally kids. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wardog357 said:

I know this a little off topic, but is there anything in place to help these kids with handling money? Guys in the NFL get classes but these are literally kids. 

Kirby somewhat alluded to the schools are helping out as much as they can but it depends on each states NIL law. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2021 at 4:03 PM, SacFalcFan said:

There are what 3 to 4 positional groups we must address IMO and I think we will.. The class ranking the last 2 years don't matter due to how little camps were done and how little film there are on players.  We usually start slow though so I am not concerned and I can see a lot of guys flipping at the end of the year after they do more visits.  Yep if we win big and have a great on the field product that takes care of itself, but we gotta make the playoff IMO.  We can't have 3 straight #1 ranked classes and not show it on the field.  That will be used against us. 

Yep, I’m not worried too much at this point because with Kirby we will top 3-4 every year. Also, when we beat Clemson that will help recruiting a bit too 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...