2021 MLB Draft

K26dp

7 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Rocker is considering playing internationally before the 2022 draft. He hasn't decided anything yet except that he will not play for Vandy again. I'm guessing Boras started getting a lot of calls from other leagues yesterday. I know Peter Moylan was on Twitter offering him a roster spot for the pro Australian team he manages. 

If he plays internationally then can he be signed as an international FA or does he have to go back through the draft?

7 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Rocker is considering playing internationally before the 2022 draft. He hasn't decided anything yet except that he will not play for Vandy again. I'm guessing Boras started getting a lot of calls from other leagues yesterday. I know Peter Moylan was on Twitter offering him a roster spot for the pro Australian team he manages. 

I don't understand why he wouldn't go back to Vandy except for the money aspect where he could sign with some professional team somewhere and make bank. But even then, with the new NIL rules, he could make quite a bit of coin doing that too, and still get to enjoy the college experience one more go around.

If he goes back to college he has to worry about staying academically eligible to play. He may lose out on money but he won’t have to worry about classes. Also he could be seeing that playing professionally overseas he’ll gain experience playing against tougher competition 

Hes waiting to see what he's offered. Stewart got $6M from a Japanese team after the Braves said no. Rocker is a little different though since he's already went through college. Stewart decided to basically go to Japan and make millions as his minor league experience because he was 18 and years away from MLB Rocker can take a year off, be a top 5 pick in 2022 and cash in knowing he's not going to the minors long if he performs.