I AM excited yet nervous about this season, how about you?

18 hours ago, Wolfensheim said:

I dont have particularly high expectations, just hope we do better than last year and the falcons give me something to be hopeful about. 

Honestly just hoping we're competitive past week 9. I miss being excited about football in December/January. 

Exactly! I miss having hope in the season 

I feel as if there is actually purpose to the moves we've made.  I haven't felt that way in years.  We have formed a plan, and appear to be sticking with it.  This will be a bumpy road, but at least, IMHO, the foundation will be a better build than in recent memory.   That's why I'm excited.  It feels like the ship is floating and they are doing their best to stop the leaking.  

On 7/9/2021 at 10:46 AM, dirtybirds233 said:

The difference is, Quinn was not the mastermind for that Seattle defense. The Seahawks were the #7 and #1 scoring defense the two year prior to Quinn's arrival (2011-2012). The year after he left (2015), they were still the #1 scoring defense. So long story short, Quinn inherited an all-time great defensive roster. 

Not the same for Smith. The Titans were the #27 and #19 scoring offense the two years before Smith (2017-2018). Once he took over, they became the #9 and #4 scoring offense in 2019 and 2020. 

But to answer your original question, I'm very excited. I see this as a 2-3 year process, but I really do think we can make a push for a wild card spot in 2021. 

I completely agree with the thoughts on DQ. I wasn’t completely on board with his hiring because I felt like he inherited a great D and he wasn’t bringing those players along with him. I feel like he benefited more from the players, than the players benefited from his coaching. 

I just hope we aren’t getting a repeat of that with Arthur Smith 

6 hours ago, apl2g said:

I completely agree with the thoughts on DQ. I wasn’t completely on board with his hiring because I felt like he inherited a great D and he wasn’t bringing those players along with him. I feel like he benefited more from the players, than the players benefited from his coaching. 

I just hope we aren’t getting a repeat of that with Arthur Smith 

I think the fact that Smith inherited a pretty bad offense and made them into a top 10 unit in one season is enough proof for me to not be too worried about having a DQ 2.0 situation 

7 hours ago, dirtybirds233 said:

I think the fact that Smith inherited a pretty bad offense and made them into a top 10 unit in one season is enough proof for me to not be too worried about having a DQ 2.0 situation 

Let’s hope so