Braves at Marlins

tl;dr

4 hours ago, Malachore said:

Well guess this and next year is lost without Ronnie.

Nah he can make it back quickly. It’s bad, but it’s definitely doable for him to be back in April. Maybe not April 1st, but he can make it. An ACL is better than an Achilles for an OF if you ask me. 

4 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Phillies social media team way more classic than the Marlins.

E5_N23GWEAgzsJH?format=jpg&name=medium

Marlins will have to find another Brave to throw at. 

Honestly, the whole league is better off when the superstars are healthy and playing. Classy move by the Phillies but they get it. I mean, we all hate Bryce Harper but we certainly want him playing when they come to Atlanta if for no other reason than to heckle him. 

Edited by Adam Duvall

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Nah he can make it back quickly. It’s bad, but it’s definitely doable for him to be back in April. Maybe not April 1st, but he can make it. An ACL is better than an Achilles for an OF if you ask me. 

Achilles is a terrible injury for just living a life, much less an athlete. I watched my brother take two years to recover just to the point of walking normal. 

5 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

The question is really....what now?

AA is not going to empty the farm system for a guy ( nor should he)

But who are some realistic options for the Braves if they are buyers?

Ronnie missed some games already so how did the braves do in his absence?

I am sure someone has a runs per game stat without him....I think that will give us some insight to AA's mindset at the deadline.

We have no outfielders from opening day. Acuna and Ozuna and Pache gone. We have a veritable hospital wing filled with injured catchers and one that’s not ready yet. We have an underachieving disappointment at SS, so We have Freddie, Ozzie, and Riley doing well and that’s it. Honestly I gotta say you patch holes with what you have and see how it looks end of July then decide to sell or stay put but definitely we shouldn’t be buyers. 

Horrible news. Anthopolous now has a big task if he's going to to go for it. He now has to find a LF, RF and two bullpen arms. Maybe even a bench bat with Panda's decline. Thats a tough list to fill. 

7 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

The question is really....what now?

AA is not going to empty the farm system for a guy ( nor should he)

But who are some realistic options for the Braves if they are buyers?

Ronnie missed some games already so how did the braves do in his absence?

I am sure someone has a runs per game stat without him....I think that will give us some insight to AA's mindset at the deadline.

I think if you add you now have to add a prime player somewhere. Do we go after Kris Bryant now? I doubt we could afford both Bryant and Kimbrel but do you consider a package there with Bryant off the books after October? Maybe you call Seattle and get Haniger and Graveman. Id also consider going to Texas and getting Gallo and Kennedy. Either way you need some thunder now. I know i said no rentals but that changes now if you're going for it. I honestly think I'd try to go for Bryant and Gallo. Have Kennedy thrown in with Gallo. Then find another serviceable bullpen arm. Shift Albies to leadoff and have Albies, Freeman, Bryant, Gallo and Riley. It just depends on what the teams are wanting. To me thats your ideal scenario though to replace the offense. You'd have Gallo for 2022 but Bryant would be gone to clear space. Gallo could help you if Acuna is out to start 2022 and Ozuna is still missing or whatever happens there. If you had to you can shift Acuna to CF and keep Gallo for a partial season.

43 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Just ride out the rest of the year. No need sacrificing a bunch of blue chip prospects to go for it in a year in which we just aren't built for contention. 

You can add but it has to be smart. Thats why it all depends on prices. You need to fill spots for next year. Acuna might be out till May and Ozuna might be suspended 

4 hours ago, Adam Duvall said:

Achilles is a terrible injury for just living a life, much less an athlete. I watched my brother take two years to recover just to the point of walking normal. 

I’ve impressed at how well Durant has come back from it. It’s an awful injury to get 

1 minute ago, Adam Duvall said:

Camargo gonna play OF?

I don't think so. I also hope not. Hes 0 for 2021 and is hitting about .180 since 2019 ended. He just replaced Adrianza on the bench for now. 

1 minute ago, Unknøwn said:

I don't think so. I also hope not. Hes 0 for 2021 and is hitting about .180 since 2019 ended. He just replaced Adrianza on the bench for now. 

He’s got the arm to play it but I don’t ever remember him playing out there despite his utility status

3 minutes ago, Adam Duvall said:

He’s got the arm to play it but I don’t ever remember him playing out there despite his utility status

Braves taught him LF in 2019 after Donaldson came in. He spent over 100 innings out there that year. 

4 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Horrible news. Anthopolous now has a big task if he's going to to go for it. He now has to find a LF, RF and two bullpen arms. Maybe even a bench bat with Panda's decline. Thats a tough list to fill. 

AA and Liberty are rubbing their hands together knowing they can use this as an excuse not to spend at the deadline. More money in Liberty's pockets.

3 hours ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Just ride out the rest of the year. No need sacrificing a bunch of blue chip prospects to go for it in a year in which we just aren't built for contention. 

Agree.  Time to pack it in.   

The way the West is playing the only way to make it this year is to win the division, and the odds are just to skinny to try it with your best player out.  Not worth emptying the system for a 1-in-10 shot. 

Edited by Ghosts of Glanville