Who thinks that Mike Davis is going to run through defenses like Michael Turner for the next 2 years?

Posted (edited)

My man averages 3 yards per carry for his career. I’ve said this before, worst FA signing in my humble opinion. There is NOTHING about this man that excites me. In fact this is the first offseason for the Falcons since 2007 that I’ve literally been none excited about. So I’m hoping to be throughly surprised. 

Edited by jetpac

He doesn't have to. He can, I mean who expected Turner to become the 2nd all time leading rusher in franchise history? But remember this is going to be RB by committee. He will see carries, so will Patterson, and so will Ollie. If they find a little scat back that guy might get some too.

Patterson is the wild card here. What can he provide?

Open holes and these guys can run through them.

42 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Hope? Yes!  But, do I think he will?

Well, I think he will be in the 60th to 70th percentile of NFL starting running backs in terms of total yards form scrimmage. That won't be anywhere near prime Turner, but it will represent a huge upgrade over the last several seasons.  

@falcondaveAnd, that may be good enough.

@Falcons Fan MVP I know fan is short for fanatic, but I am seeing some wide departures from realism.

Burner? No. Good moments and good runs? Yes. Listen, RBs...good ones...are harder to find than good WRs. Davis is decent enough and kept us from reaching. He's not the Burner, but he's got some moves and at 5'9" 220lbs he's got some power. Hes going to surprise some and underwhelm others, but he'll do a great job. 

18 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I'm thinking Mike Davis could be like Devonta Freeman and have a really good season or two. But not 5 good seasons like Michael Turner did.

/sarcasm Yes, Mike Davis will be our next scat back.  And, yes, the one thing that made Michael Turner exceptional was that he played for us for 5 years.  /sarcasm

FFM - Drink some coffee.  Eat something.  You need grounding.

In another thread it was talking about ridleys future contract. We have him on paper for 2 more years( two drafts). I think the philosophy with guys like davis, patterson, and even ridley are to provide productive and serviceable players until the cavalry arrives ( through the draft). Not a bad plan, and I feel that davis will meet that need. Not a lot of wear on those tires.

A lot of you didn’t think Turner was gonna be what he was in atl because he was a backup in SD. I watched Turner because I was a LT fan. So when he got hurt I saw what turner could be. I was excited when we got him. 

I see similar traits in Davis. I’m not saying he’s gonna be turner 2.0 but in smiths RB friendly ZBS and from what I’ve seen from him as a backup in Carolina in a less friendly RB system I’d say absolutely he can dominate for the next 2 seasons. 

im not comparing the individual players. I’m complimenting the system. From what I saw in Carolina…take that and put it in Smith’s system ANY RB with good feet and vision can be a temporary star. He won’t be Derrick Henry but he can very good here.