Kyle Shanahan talks about play calls in SB loss to Patriots.....

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Exactly. No QB completely dismisses the coaches and does whatever he wants to do. That's not real life. That's living in fantasy land.

But we have some on here that make the claims that Ryan yelled at Shanahan to run the ball? 

So he knew what needed to be done to bring the city a title, and still went with the bad play calls? 

Can you all just stop being disingenuous, and admit you will not in anyway shape or form not hold Ryan culpable for anything?

The flip flopping is disgusting

3 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Oh my goodness, other fans make fun of the Falcons...... Where's my safe place!?!?

Just saying we will always have 28-3 thrown in our face. But I don't melt, it's just annoying.

47 minutes ago, Mr.Blank said:

Just saying we will always have 28-3 thrown in our face. But I don't melt, it's just annoying.

Meh, what other fans and the media talking heads say or do has no baring on me. Super Bowl was the best thing that's ever happened to me as far as listening to all that junk. I just don't pay attention to it anymore. Life is so much better not taking in all that garbage.

5 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Meh, what other fans and the media talking heads say or do has no baring on me. Super Bowl was the best thing that's ever happened to me as far as listening to all that junk. I just don't pay attention to it anymore. Life is so much better not taking in all that garbage.

Heh. I would have rather they not gone to the SB at all than to lose like that.

On 7/8/2021 at 1:59 PM, Herr Doktor said:

Not every great coordinator makes a great head coach.  Shanahan is one of those in my book.  Great coordinator, meh head coach.

Why? I mean, look at what he was able to accomplish when most of the key players stayed healthy (which so far has only been one season). Went 13-3 and went on a Super Bowl run. 

I mean come on, Garropollo has been far from reliable and that defense took some hits last season with injuries. What's Kyle supposed to do about that? If Kyle had Matt Ryan he'd be winning a lot more often. Heck, he probably wins the Super Bowl against KC.

2 hours ago, Mr.11 said:

Why? I mean, look at what he was able to accomplish when most of the key players stayed healthy (which so far has only been one season). Went 13-3 and went on a Super Bowl run. 

I mean come on, Garropollo has been far from reliable and that defense took some hits last season with injuries. What's Kyle supposed to do about that? If Kyle had Matt Ryan he'd be winning a lot more often. Heck, he probably wins the Super Bowl against KC.

You make fair points.  Perhaps I am still more than a tad salty about him.  I still think he's a great coordinator.

6 hours ago, Mr.Blank said:

Heh. I would have rather they not gone to the SB at all than to lose like that.

I get what you’re saying. I’m just saying for me personally it was what it took for me to finally stop paying attention to the media talking heads. I used to watch and listen to it all. I hung on every word waiting thru all the negative Falcons crap just for that one positive snippet. Now? I don’t care. I watch the live events and that’s it. I can’t tell you the last time I watched a sports highlights show or something like NFL Live. I just have no need for it. My enjoyment of what happens on the field isn’t impacted by what any of those jackasses say. It’s so much better that way.

19 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Or.....sports just ain't that serious. I had no choice but to get over the next day cause in biology class my teacher made a joke about it and I laughed with everyone else cause it's just not that serious. The Falcons winning or not winning a Super Bowl will never have any impact on my personal life. I'm not getting a check or a SB ring so why should I act like it's my career and life is on the line?

It's called being a dedicated FAN as opposed to a CASUAL fan. 

23 minutes ago, Hard Case said:

It's called being a dedicated FAN as opposed to a CASUAL fan. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

No one is a bigger more dedicated fan than I am but I'm also able to separate sports from real life. Sports ain't real life. Win or lose what happens to the Falcons, or Auburn, doesn't make one lick of difference to me in the real world. I'm not getting a check deposited into my bank account when the Falcons win so why in the world would I get upset about the Falcons losing, especially a game from 5 years ago? Unless you were personally involved in that game there's no reason to still be upset about it 5 years later. It's like FFS70's constant "I need rest" jibberish. Really? So the Falcons winning the Super Bowl is the only thing keeping you from dying a happy man? ****, that's sad bro. My wife and kid is what makes my life worth living. The Falcons could never win a Super Bowl and I'd still die a happy man.

No one is a bigger more dedicated fan than I am but I'm also able to separate sports from real life. Sports ain't real life. Win or lose what happens to the Falcons, or Auburn, doesn't make one lick of difference to me in the real world. I'm not getting a check deposited into my bank account when the Falcons win so why in the world would I get upset about the Falcons losing, especially a game from 5 years ago? Unless you were personally involved in that game there's no reason to still be upset about it 5 years later. It's like FFS70's constant "I need rest" jibberish. Really? So the Falcons winning the Super Bowl is the only thing keeping you from dying a happy man? ****, that's sad bro. My wife and kid is what makes my life worth living. The Falcons could never win a Super Bowl and I'd still die a happy man.

You are just not understsome of the fans.  

You are just not understanding some of the fans here. I'm sure you know that the word  FAN derived from FANatic. These fans are certainly fanatics , but only in the context of NFL football and the Falcons.  I'm sure that no one of them would put Family, friends or religion behind their love of the Falcons , but that is what you are implying. To some people , a favorite team is a high point of their weekend, and they look forward to it.  Some people might not have a wife or family, maybe they are handicapped and housebound. You are painting with a wide brush bro' .  Let those fans enjoy their fandom in the way they choose. 

Someone put this up already.

it was a good mix of hate & blame & a bunch of guys who are still not free & need a scapegoat.

Many are incapable of just realizing that sometimes it just doesn’t matter what ya do, life & crap will happen anyways.

I choose to look forward & not backwards.  You can hate Shanahan all you want and all it’ll do is eat you up, not him.  He’s a winner. He explains his thought process & I’m fine with that.  His brilliance & dedication to his craft over the years is what helped our team get that chance.  It also showed what MR looks like with a brilliant coach at the helm.  An MVP in no time.  That’s what a scheme can do for a player/team. Look at guys who have these things in place for most of their careers year in & year out. Brees, Brady & Mahomes… Defenses too.  

Hating Shanahan is sort of like carrying around unforgiveness in your heart.  It will destroy you like poison & never have a remote effect on the person you hate.

Its a free choice we have to make.  I hurt for a while over a dam big game but decided to laugh it off rather than let it bother me any longer.  Sure it was painful but it ain’t gonna defeat me or dictate how I feel long term.  Hating Shanahan is really shallow if you think about it.  LOL there were so many moments in that game that could have changed the outcome man.  We literally couldn’t make a stop in the end & they caught every break imaginable. Oh well that thing is over.  Let’s tee it up & turn this thing around.