Kyle Shanahan talks about play calls in SB loss to Patriots.....

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Sipifalcon said:

Man Shanahan is a hate love relationship for me. Smh really wish he was our HC

Falcons would have a ring, Ryan would get his flowers, and the falcons would still be contenders if that were the case. 

Edited by Drvillain

Pretty much Kyle Shanahan said he wanted to throw it to Julio no matter what to end the game because Tom Brady had long possessions before that drive.  WTH.  He knew we had injuries on the offensive line, Schreader was out, Mack was playing on a torn up ankle, Tevin Coleman was out.  We had literally zero protection by the end of that game, I am not sure why throwing it would even be a possibility.  If the Falcons get stuffed twice, at least it gives Bryant a chance at a field goal for the win.  If you get stuffed twice and out of field goal range, at least get a punt off to give the other team bad field position.  

Just terrible ego play calling at the end that made no sense.  Kyle wanted to be the hero and he costs us the **** ring. 

1 minute ago, Atl Falcon said:

Any way you cut it...KS f it up but DQ/HC is where the blame lies. He should have stepped  up and said run run run kick the FG and we’re world champions. 
No excuses or do overs ....GAME 

LOMBARDI PERIOD

That again lies in the hands of KS having a huge ego and not wanting anything he calls to be overturned.  Dan Quinn was in his comfort zone, just helps out with the defense every now and then, or calls defensive plays and watches the offense.  Quinn was never going to change any game plan on the fly. 

I

1 minute ago, ryanchilled said:

Pretty much Kyle Shanahan said he wanted to throw it to Julio no matter what to end the game because Tom Brady had long possessions before that drive.  WTH.  He knew we had injuries on the offensive line, Schreader was out, Mack was playing on a torn up ankle, Tevin Coleman was out.  We had literally zero protection by the end of that game, I am not sure why throwing it would even be a possibility.  If the Falcons get stuffed twice, at least it gives Bryant a chance at a field goal for the win.  If you get stuffed twice and out of field goal range, at least get a punt off to give the other team bad field position.  

Just terrible ego play calling at the end that made no sense.  Kyle wanted to be the hero and he costs us the **** ring. 

I don't believe him! Just look at his ego like you are saying! When fans was mad that roddy white wasn't being used what he do the next game. Called 3 plays back to back for white. To try and prove a point. 

Then look at his superbowl lose to the KC. Was because of his ego play calling. Just like it was with the falcons. Why Quinn should have been let go alot sooner he had no backbone

1 minute ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

I

I don't believe him! Just look at his ego like you are saying! When fans was mad that roddy white wasn't being used what he do the next game. Called 3 plays back to back for white. To try and prove a point. 

Then look at his superbowl lose to the KC. Was because of his ego play calling. Just like it was with the falcons. Why Quinn should have been let go alot sooner he had no backbone

Yeah that horrendous play calling for Roddy was pretty brutal.  Just forcing it to him for like 3 passing plays and then stopped using him.  KS is just an ego maniac who wants all the glory.  He had the best running game in SF the year they made it vs KC and they decided to throw, throw, throw. 

Guys, sometimes it just doesn’t matter what you do.  No sense hating anyone over it.  There were so many lucky breaks for NE leading up to that series.  I mean how bout that tipped pass that diverted into the hands of their TE and then that other Brady pass that seemed to flutter in the air and drop miraculously into Edelman’s hands with two falcons draped all over him?  That holding call on Matthews was nothing short of criminal grand larceny.  Every single thing that could have went wrong, did.  The fkg missed block by Freeman.  I don’t hate Shanny one bit.  Our D got lunched & if anyone should be scrutinized it’s def DQ.  We did absolutely nothing to adjust to what they did the entire second half with James White.  He literally ate our lunch. We were paralyzed.  It’s over & I’m done with it. At this point we can only laugh.  It’s either laugh it off or let it eat your insides out. 

7 minutes ago, ryanchilled said:

That again lies in the hands of KS having a huge ego and not wanting anything he calls to be overturned.  Dan Quinn was in his comfort zone, just helps out with the defense every now and then, or calls defensive plays and watches the offense.  Quinn was never going to change any game plan on the fly. 

As I said anyway you cut it they f up

Just now, HASHBROWN3 said:

Guys, sometimes it just doesn’t matter what you do.  No sense hating anyone over it.  There were so many lucky breaks for NE leading up to that series.  I mean how bout that tipped pass that diverted into the hands of their TE and then that other Brady pass that seemed to flutter in the air and drop miraculously into Edelman’s hands with two falcons draped all over him?  That holding call on Matthews was nothing short of criminal grand larceny.  Every single thing that could have went wrong, did.  The fkg missed block by Freeman.  I don’t hate Shanny one bit.  Our D got lunched & if anyone should be scrutinized it’s def DQ.  We did absolutely nothing to adjust to what they did the entire second half with James White.  He literally ate our lunch. We were paralyzed.  It’s over & I’m done with it. At this point we can only laugh.  It’s either laugh it off or let it eat your insides out. 

Laugh my asz....they flat out blew. Still to this day nothing to laugh about. So yes it still eats  my insides out. That’s the way I’m made but I never said I hated anyone.

14 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Any way you cut it...KS f it up but DQ/HC is where the blame lies. He should have stepped  up and said run run run kick the FG and we’re world champions. 
No excuses or do overs ....GAME 

LOMBARDI PERIOD

Yup, that situation is exactly why the head coach gets paid more than the OC.

And Q didn't have the balls to seize the situation and succeed.

30 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Yeah because he has been great in sf with a *checks notes* 29-35 with 3 out of 4 seasons with 10+ losses.

You and me both know that if Shanahan was giving the HC job after that season hypothetically we would be in a much better situation imo anyway. Let's be real now. The exact same team especially on Offense come on bro I would have had no doubts that we would have went right back.

1 minute ago, Sipifalcon said:

You and me both know that if Shanahan was giving the HC job after that season hypothetically we would be in a much better situation imo anyway. Let's be real now. The exact same team especially on Offense come on bro I would have had no doubts that we would have went right back.

They were never going to fire Quinn after going to the Super Bowl 

33 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Yeah because he has been great in sf with a *checks notes* 29-35 with 3 out of 4 seasons with 10+ losses.

Look at what he's done with essentially no feature wideout, a brittle TE, RBs most would have passed on, and a garbage pail QB and backups. His best and most reliable offensive talent is the freaking FB.