I am not excited for this season for some reason

1 minute ago, Slumerican said:

I hope most people know putting a shock collar on any player is a joke..at least I would hope..but I'm beginning to wonder honestly 

Simple fact that you think that’s the joke part of the post speaks volumes.

On 7/6/2021 at 7:23 PM, PointSwayzee said:

I agree with this stance, but not for next season.

I don't like the rebuild/no rebuild thing at all though. By the time the roster is where TF and AS want it, Ryan will be gone, so the entire rebuild/no rebuild makes zero sense, especially if they miss on Ryan's successor. Of course, if you buy in the report that TF had literally no other option to create space, so he had no choice but to restructure Ryan. Sure seems that way in hindsight.

If everybody on the team played their position as well as Matt Ryan does.  We wouldn't lose a game. And I'm saying that with all the new players.. Drafted and FAs . If they all play as well as Ryan. IMO, we would not lose a game! 

The problem is.. with all the rookies and FAs we picked up after the draft. It will take some time for them to learn their role. So just like all other teams.. We will have some wins and loses ,, If we could just make the playoffs in any way. I'd say we will be very hard to beat by that time of the year.. The learning curve will be much better by then. 

This is what I'm hoping for... Just sneaking in at the last minute.. Then reek havoc.  Cause we have the players to do it. They just need playing time to get adjusted for the playoffs. 

On 7/7/2021 at 12:21 PM, JDaveG said:

Henry wasn't Henry before Smith came along.  His best season was the one prior under LaFleur with 1059 yards and 12 TDs.  Before that he'd never had a thousand yard season OR more than 5 TDs in a season.  

He bested that career year production his first year under Smith by half again (1540, 16 TDs), and doubled the yardage and had half again as many TDs in 2020 with 2027 yards and 17 TDs.  Thinking Derrick Henry made Arthur Smith is bass-ackwards.

We'll see.

On 7/6/2021 at 1:08 PM, Romfal said:

I'm in "show me" mode. No reason to get excited until we see the new product on the field

The reason to be excited is that it’s football season soon. What more reason does a fan of football need. It’s obviously more enjoyable if we are winning but I enjoy football and am excited no matter what. 

3 hours ago, falconfreak1 said:

The reason to be excited is that it’s football season soon. What more reason does a fan of football need. It’s obviously more enjoyable if we are winning but I enjoy football and am excited no matter what. 

Fortunately I don't only rely on the Falcons for my football enjoyment

On 7/6/2021 at 3:04 PM, Boise Falcon Fan said:

There is a lot to unpack here, but I will give it a shot:

1. Defense will be better for no other reason than the offense should be a lot more balanced. That will keep the defense off the field. Less opportunities for opposing offenses, defense won't be as worn out come the 4th quarter, etc.

2. Julio was hurt half of last year anyway, and is replaced by Pitts. Even if Pitts is 75% JJ, we will be fine.

3. CR was actually better without JJ last year.

4. RB is a question mark, but he absolutely cannot be worse than a 1 legged, on the end of his career TG.

5. Matt is the least of my worries.

6. See #5.

7. OL will definitely be better with better coaching.

There is a lot to be excited about. I see 11 wins best case, and 8 wins worst case. Either way, we should be in contention for a WC.

Yeah my expectations are somewhere between 2015 and 2017 Falcons... if we get 2016 though... yee haw.

The upcoming 2021 Falcons...like many Falcons teams before...are a roll of the dice. So many question marks in so many areas. I can start out with an  8-8 prediction as a baseline. Well....9-8 this year. Can they win more than 9 games?  probably not. I see a 7-10 finish. But my hope is that many of those 10 loses will be hard fought competitive games with a big upward green arrow by the end of the year.    

I've been a die hard fan since the 1974 season....It's a roll of the dice that usually does not pan out. But...I was not expecting magical seasons in 1980...1998 or 2016....but those teams clicked...all facets of the game were solid.  It can happen....there is always hope.