Braves at Pirates

AUTiger7222

9 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I feel dumber when I listen to Braves broadcasts.

The Braves made the Pirates look so good...Chip and Jeff have too many options...lmao. The Braves were so bad....get them a sports psychologist b/c they **** their pants when they get close to 500...smh. I hope AA can get them some help soon.

3 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Been trying to tell people for 2 months that this team isn't good. Think this should put that into prospective.

It’s really puzzling. Three of our starting 8 are all stars, with a 4th guy that was on the bubble. Our starting pitching has overall been pretty good and the bullpen has had a decent run as of late.
I guess they wore themselves out yesterday celebrating a win in a mid season game over a last place team as if they had just won the World Series. 

48 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

All the talk about the struggle with RISP. Acuna has been terrible in that situation. Even Swanson is hitting. 208 with RISP. Acuna is hitting .180 or 9 for 50 with RISP. Freeman hits .339 and Ozzie .313 to lead the way. 

So pretty much everyone save Ozzie and Freddie are rally killers

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

So pretty much everyone save Ozzie and Freddie are rally killers

Riley hits .257, Heredia .275, Contreras .243. Acuna is dead last in hitting with RISP but he does have 14 walks.  He hits .180 with a .343 OBP.

4 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Riley hits .257, Heredia .275, Contreras .243. Acuna is dead last in hitting with RISP but he does have 14 walks.  He hits .180 with a .343 OBP.

Surprised Riley is that high.....it seems like all of his hits have been with either a runner on first or no one on base...seems like lately  that he has been getting out when there is a runner on second or 3rd..

12 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Every time you think they might get on a roll they come out and play like this. 

This is why I stopped with the “maybe this will wake them up” crap after they’d win a series against a really good team.  They turn around and crap the bed with cellar dwellers...  ****, they are quickly becoming cellar dwellers.

Snitker said they'll hang with Contreras despite his struggles. He admitted Contreras probably wasn't ready for MLB but they didn't have any other way to go. He basically said theyll manage and try to get by best they can until August when d'Arnaud returns. 

7 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Joe and Ben are very good together. I've wanted Ben to replace Chip for years. Id be ok if he brought Joe with him. 

Good to hear Jim Powell on the radio broadcast tonight. Not a fan of the cocksure arrogance of Ben Ingram. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Snitker said they'll hang with Contreras despite his struggles. He admitted Contreras probably wasn't ready for MLB but they didn't have any other way to go. He basically said theyll manage and try to get by best they can until August when d'Arnaud returns. 

He’s a gamer I love the guy

1 hour ago, Born Again Georgian said:

This is why I stopped with the “maybe this will wake them up” crap after they’d win a series against a really good team.  They turn around and crap the bed with cellar dwellers...  ****, they are quickly becoming cellar dwellers.

I called for a halt of such proclamations back in May. As long as Sleepy Snit is riding the bench and we wildly celebrate mid season wins over last place teams we have set a low bar. 

1 minute ago, Unknøwn said:

Anthopolous needs to find a bat. The offense is just dead after Riley. Heredia is serviceable but the bottom 3 have OBP's under .288. Dansby strikes out in half his ABs and is barely over .700 OPS now.

But will cheap *** LM let him spend the money?