Suns vs Bucks

29 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

I have really enjoyed the re-emergence of the mid range game In this series there has been some incredible shots made absolutely unbelievable and time and time again. Props to Booker for making and taking those

And CP3 last night 

7 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

I have really enjoyed the re-emergence of the mid range game In this series there has been some incredible shots made absolutely unbelievable and time and time again. Props to Booker for making and taking those

I don't think there has been a re-emergence of the mid range game. It's just that the best teams are the best because they can shut down the easy shots - ie close range in the paint and 3-pointers. Thus in order to beat the best teams, you have to be able to score on the hardest shots - ie the mid range game. Everyone talked about Kahwi Leonard's mid range game the year the Raptors won it. 

Edited by Summerhill

1 hour ago, Summerhill said:

In the grand scheme of this series, it's pretty unbelievable that Mike Budenholzer was likely one game away from being fired and then goes on and wins the title. 

It's also crazy that Giannis was literally one pick away from being drafted by the Hawks under Coach Bud with the #16th pick back in 2013.

The Bucks under another former Hawks HC Larry Drew swiped him at the #15th pick.

Coach Bud wanted Giannis badly and wanted the Hawks to try to trade up to secure him.

That changed the face of NBA history.

4 hours ago, Summerhill said:

I don't think there has been a re-emergence of the mid range game. It's just that the best teams are the best because they can shut down the easy shots - ie close range in the paint and 3-pointers. Thus in order to beat the best teams, you have to be able to score on the hardest shots - ie the mid range game. Everyone talked about Kahwi Leonard's mid range game the year the Raptors won it. 

Suns and Bucks have been shooting it from the mid-range a lot more in this series than i have seen in the regular season- probably for the reasons you mentioned.  I like it that in this series it wasnt all about the three.  These guys on the Suns are taking- and making- with reugularity those hardest shots.  its refreshing to see.  especially middletons shooting motion.