Suns vs Bucks

7 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

It's a lot easier to "fit in" when the coach starts allowing you to call plays. It works both ways.

Well, like I said, he wasn’t out there when they were moving the ball around. 

But I will definitely differ to the guys on the floor when they say over and over again that this staff gave them clarity in what they were doing. 

36 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Well, like I said, he wasn’t out there when they were moving the ball around. 

But I will definitely differ to the guys on the floor when they say over and over again that this staff gave them clarity in what they were doing. 

Well, I'd say it was more than clarity. They were given opportunity to call the plays. There were multiple players that were given the ability to play the point position at given times. The leash was certainly loosened with LP's exit.

That said, there were certainly times when the ball was dribbled through the floor when Trae was out. There were certainly times when it was, when he was in. There was a LOT of youth out there, including Trae.. When it's clicking, it's beautiful. When it wasn't, it was ugly.

Run it back

44 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Yes, I see that. :lol:

And after all that, you have not said who would be a significant upgrade over what we have. 

By the way… The team with the “better” back up PG lost last night. Again.

First of all, Teague is arguably not better than Payne.

Second, it’s not even about having the better backup PG, it’s about fitting a style of play and being exceptional at your role.

Our recipe is not the same as the Bucks or the Suns.

Neither team relies at all on their bench for much. We do.

The best Hawks games are when Trae runs the 5 same darn plays over and over and over.

He either launches a successful deep 3, or roles off a Collins or Capela pick and then alley-oops or low dishes to one of them, or dishes it to the outside open wing, or does his stop-n-go slash to layup, or of course his trademark roles around a screen and drops a floater.

He hits 40%+, the wings hit 40%+, JC & Capela hit their dunks/layups/2nd chance tap-ins… and it’s smooth sailing all game.

It’s literally un-guardable and un-stoppable. They could quite realistically run just these same plays all game and there's nothing any team can do to stop enough points from being scored.

But when we don’t hit shots and/or Trae isn’t bringing the ball down the floor to run one of these plays, and/or if we’re pressing for points because we have missed too many baskets, for some reason this successful winning formula disappears and we come unglued.

But that is our formula. That is our best style. We are at our best and near unbeatable when this is the crux of our game.

And all I’m saying is it would be nice if we didn’t exacerbate or possibly even trigger the ugly snowball effect by having a backup PG always running a different style when spelling Trae.

When we switch away from this formula, even if only for a few minutes here and there each quarter, we tend to lose all momentum and get extremely messy on both offense and defense.

This isn’t how the Suns and Bucks play. They have plays, but just different plays.  The Suns are more similar to us, except when they come unglued, Booker alone can keep them in it. When the Bucks come unglued, Giannis alone can keep them in it.

We only went as far as we did because the vast majority of the time, Trae kept us in it and we hit our shots. One game without him the entire team shot over 50%. That’s an anomaly. This team runs through Trae.

It would be really nice if Reddish and Hunter can be that compensating force for the times Trae is off or out. But in the meantime, a PG who doesn’t force our play style to change when Trae isn’t on the floor would be a big addition.

Who? I don’t know. Hopefully Dunn can become that guy, or Mays. Or as I mentioned in other posts, I really like Giddey or Butler at 20 in the draft.  Not saying they could instantly gel and do what I’m asking, but from my eye test they have great potential.

28 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Well, I'd say it was more than clarity. They were given opportunity to call the plays. There were multiple players that were given the ability to play the point position at given times. The leash was certainly loosened with LP's exit.

That said, there were certainly times when the ball was dribbled through the floor when Trae was out. There were certainly times when it was, when he was in. There was a LOT of youth out there, including Trae.. When it's clicking, it's beautiful. When it wasn't, it was ugly.

Run it back

So Clarity? 🤣

Allowing folks to call plays comes from a Coach being VERY CLEAR as to what he is looking for and expecting from a player.

Doesn’t mean that it’s being one minded and rigid. 

Matter of fact, to allow freedom you have to be more direct as a Coach and hold folks accountable to get the results you want. 

In other words, Coach Nate treated them more like Men than the previous guy and they responded! 

And it was/will be a beautiful thing because I think you have a team leader that demands it! 

I still have appreciation for what Bud did when he was here. But my goodness I'm glad he's gone.

Monty Williams is coaching circles around him on both sides of the ball, and I would say Bud has the more talented team 

29 minutes ago, Willy Mo said:

I still have appreciation for what Bud did when he was here. But my goodness I'm glad he's gone.

Monty Williams is coaching circles around him on both sides of the ball, and I would say Bud has the more talented team 

And tbh, it’s a very similar game plan to ours.

They are just making their wide open shots. 

Oh and they have a guy holding his own rebounding.

5 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

bucks coming alive now with their own passing

I will just say, the league is doing to Phoenix what they did to us in calling an unbalanced game. 

With that said, the Suns are going to need to get back oh fire if they want to hang around because the Bucks are starting to roll.

Officiating or not!

3 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I will just say, the league is doing to Phoenix what they did to us in calling an unbalanced game. 

With that said, the Suns are going to need to get back oh fire if they want to hang around because the Bucks are starting to roll.

Officiating or not!

i know  they are rolling like they did vs us.   i mean the suns coach was callin gtimeouts to stem the tide...

but these runs...they are like 15 point runs...just like the suns had in the first two games....MIL getting their confidence back.  middleton getting more involved on o.  holliday putting the squeeze on cp3.

ive never seen a double pick and roll like they are doing

1 minute ago, VTCrunkler said:

i know  they are rolling like they did vs us.   i mean the suns coach was callin gtimeouts to stem the tide...

but these runs...they are like 15 point runs...just like the suns had in the first two games....MIL getting their confidence back.  middleton getting more involved on o.  holliday putting the squeeze on cp3.

ive never seen a double pick and roll like they are doing

I think the physical play is allowing them to find their game. 

This is why I have been saying we need to get stronger in the paint as well the Suns are going to run into similar issues.

20 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I think the physical play is allowing them to find their game. 

This is why I have been saying we need to get stronger in the paint as well the Suns are going to run into similar issues.

bucks got 2 7 footers...

we need more size.........

22 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Bucks playing with energy and desperation.

They know if they lose any of these next 2 games in Milwaukee they are done.

If Suns settle down and start back scoring, then Bucks lose this game.

Did anybody else notice that that Deer District ONLY starts cheering when someone tells them the TV is on?

1 minute ago, VTCrunkler said:

i left that opening for you...and you didnt take it!  

more beef.  who you got in mind

I think Hunter will physically get there. Reddish and Collins are the question marks and as far as FA or draft picks I haven’t done the research on exactly who is available for that but a more athletic Portis type would be nice.

OH and I left out OO Who I think will definitely grow into that! 

But just getting older and getting full man strong “might” fix it alone.