Idea from another post....Worst Falcons draft pick of all time regardless of the round it was taken

26 minutes ago, Outmyfalconmind said:

Jamaal Anderson remains the pick lol

Seriously

I mean, you can talk about other bad picks (there are plenty in our history), but in the end, all arguments for another being worse than Anderson fail every time

Nathan Davis was a DT from Indiana back in the 90s. Second round pick if I’m not mistaken. Quit the team and walked away from football as I recall. 

Joe Proffitt. First round pick back in the 70s. Awful. 

Gerald Tinker WR back in the 79s. World class Olympic speed but calling him skillet hands is an insult to skillets everywhere. 

Bruce Pickens. Picked 3rd overall and was out of football after 4 seasons. Tony Smith. Primarily because we took him 19th with the pick we got from the Packers in the Bret Farve trade.

GO FALCONS!!!!

14 hours ago, JDaveG said:

Lamar Holmes was pretty awful. 

We need one for just corners. Bruce Pickens, Michael Booker. We’ve had some huge misses in the secondary over the years. 

Those are are all valid choices.

Pickens is it for me, because he was the #3 pick in that entire draft…..same draft we also took Farve in.

Ugh.

15 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Will leave out the obvious with Aundray Bruce and JA98.

Jimmy Williams

Was supposed to be a late 1st to early 2nd pick prospect.

Only lasted 2 years in the NFL.

um um i wanna thank god for dis opportunity an mister blank you know dats a beautiful thing...listening to his welcome press conference i knew we were in trouble lost alot of brain cells those few mins 

15 hours ago, Lowndesfalc said:

Sans 2016, an argument for Vic Beasley could be made. 

Even that year a lot of his sacks weren't very impressive, I remember seeing him free and clear or chase a QB out of bounds giving him a sack. 

17 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

um um i wanna thank god for dis opportunity an mister blank you know dats a beautiful thing...listening to his welcome press conference i knew we were in trouble lost alot of brain cells those few mins 

He's my pick because I had high expectations. He's also the reason I started watching interviews with prospects when deciding who I want to draft. 

The 97 draft was terrible with Michael Booker then followed up by Nathan Davis.

Bruce Pickens and Jimmy Williams were  also terrible but I’d go with JA98 as they continued to give him so many snaps but he could not find his way to a sack.  Plus knowing the picks right after his selection like Willis and Revis cements it as the worst.