Ex-Falcons first-round EDGE named team's worst pick since 2006

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Picking Anderson was bad. But trading UP for Takk might have been worse....especially with Watt right there.

To be honest. From a guy who doesn't keep up with college until combine/ pre draft analysis. I feel like Andersons expectations and hype were above takks. Again, I didn't know who either were until combine time, but when we drafted takk, I was like "who" because I had never heard his name mentioned that high. Anderson was a clear cut first round pick that just..... wasn't lol. But for that reason alone, I'd have to say Anderson is a hard pick to beat in that category. I agree that trading UP for takk was a head scratcher. 

12 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Picking Anderson was bad. But trading UP for Takk might have been worse....especially with Watt right there.

Nah, don't fall into Recency Bias Jamaal Anderson was worse.

Yes, Watt was there in 2017, but just look at all the pro bowlers that were taken in that 2007 draft

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_NFL_Draft

That draft will go down in history as one of the most loaded talent drafts ever, and we took Anderson

Forget just going back to 2006, Anderson may be the worst Falcons pick of all time

14 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Watt coming from a pedigree like WTH

I mean Surtain samething and it’s a position that needed to be solidified with the best in the draft.

Hindsights a **** of a thing it’s why guys like Takk get fell in love with .Athleticism seemingly ruled that pick.

As bad as the Takk pick was how good was Jarrett.They don’t call the draft a crap shoot for nothing.

I remember watching his highlights to get an idea of who he was and then saying, "ohhhh noooooo!!!" That was a pick that set us back so far it's still managing to set us back. I predicted a 10yr setback. Nope. It's been far longer. Mainly because we continued reaching at the position over and over. Never finding a solution. 

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

I remember watching his highlights to get an idea of who he was and then saying, "ohhhh noooooo!!!" That was a pick that set us back so far it's still managing to set us back. I predicted a 10yr setback. Nope. It's been far longer. Mainly because we continued reaching at the position over and over. Never finding a solution. 

And you would think having John Abraham would somewhat set a standard of a first round pass rusher 

6 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I mean, Takk did show some bright spots. JA98 looked like he's never played football before in his life .

Posted (edited)

A Healthy Takk (mentally and all so that’s a stretch) will be a good/serviceable DE. JA98 was bad from the start. He didn’t even want to learn from John Abraham. Y’all remember that?

Edited by jetpac

18 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

with his metrics comparing to his brother and of course we did take him lol meanwhile watt is a monster and takk is a bum 

Anderson is a great example of what you get if you don't watch tape.

He had production (like 17 sacks or something his last year).

He had crazy size/athleticism...he ran something like under a 7 second 3 cone at 280 ish lbs (all off memory, so none will be exact).

By size, movement skills, and last year production he looked like the best approximation of Julius Peppers.

But if you watch the tape...tons of schemed sacks, running straight to the QB...not very many 1 on 1 beatings.

He was definitely a huge bust..couldn't get him to do anything.

17 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

They both sucked.  And it was the modus operandi of our front office to continuously reach and never succeed.  These picks amplified our inability to establish any type of finishing on our defense.

troffed. :rant: