2021 Hawks Offseason thread.

jayu70

6 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

It sounds great and the Hawks have decent pieces and salaries to make a deal but Beal has a player option for 2022. You'll have to sign him to a max contract. That same offseason Trae Young will be eligible for a max. Do the Hawks want to lay out $400M in total contracts to two players at the same time? 

31 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

It sounds great and the Hawks have decent pieces and salaries to make a deal but Beal has a player option for 2022. You'll have to sign him to a max contract. That same offseason Trae Young will be eligible for a max. Do the Hawks want to lay out $400M in total contracts to two players at the same time? 

Personally I don’t see it happening.  He’s a great scorer but his defense is bad.

1 minute ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Personally I don’t see it happening.  He’s a great scorer but his defense is bad.

Yeah I know overall he's really good but don't know every weakness in his game. But in general terms he's only 6'3" which is kind of small for a SG and we know Young is fairly small for a PG so you'd be spending an inordinate amount of money for what has to be one of the smaller backcourts in the NBA. Just doesn't seem like the greatest strategy in team building. 

12 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

Yeah I know overall he's really good but don't know every weakness in his game. But in general terms he's only 6'3" which is kind of small for a SG and we know Young is fairly small for a PG so you'd be spending an inordinate amount of money for what has to be one of the smaller backcourts in the NBA. Just doesn't seem like the greatest strategy in team building. 

The media is just pushing click bait.

Reddish, Bogi, Huerter, and Hunter is superb wing depth.  Reddish and Huerter are basically SG’s in SF bodies. Huerter even came on as a plus plus defender this season.

As soon as the injury bug stops biting this group, we are in position to win a championship, and everyone is clamoring about how we have one of the deepest back courts in the league.

It’s baffling me anytime I see rumors of us drafting a SG or SF or trading the farm for one. It makes no sense.

We drafted these guys and have given them virtually no time to develop before we’re already talking about replacing them??  Sorry, but that’s just not how Schlenk works, so I’m not buying it.

40 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

Agreed I just feel like we need a more defensive capable shooting guard.

15 minutes ago, Beef said:

Reddish, Bogi, Huerter, and Hunter is superb wing depth.  Reddish and Huerter are basically SG’s in SF bodies. Huerter even came on as a plus plus defender this season.

As soon as the injury bug stops biting this group, we are in position to win a championship, and everyone is clamoring about how we have one of the deepest back courts in the league.

It’s baffling me anytime I see rumors of us drafting a SG or SF or trading the farm for one. It makes no sense.

We drafted these guys and have given them virtually no time to develop before we’re already talking about replacing them??  Sorry, but that’s just not how Schlenk works, so I’m not buying it.

Oh yeah definitely click bait and some of these writers are straight unknowns!  

14 hours ago, Beef said:

I don't totally disagree but there is nothing that says the team can't trade any promising players for a more known quantity. But it has to be a really great fit.