Jump to content

Silver lining of not drafting Justin Fields


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Who is Trask .. for real, I don't know who your talking about.  I'm the one who started the Pitts train.. Go back far enough and you can see I was the first one to push for Pitts and had him in my early and only Mock, The Pitts post I had turned into one of the largest post I've ever made.  As I said back then,, I hardly ever get the player I want in the first round.. But glad it happened this last draft. I'm Pitt's biggest fan.

   And one other thing. If we had not gotten Pitts. I wanted Fields if we got a QB,, the guy is going to be IMO the best QB in this class,, Just remember what I said here. 

Dude, please pull back on this….No offensive, but you are full of 💩 on this one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

This man flip flopped between wanting Lance, Lance and Fields before ultimately putting Pitts in his mock. To pretend he didn't hype up Lance is silly. 

Ha ha he cracks me up. At one point, he was touting Trask as a first rounder and the “can’t miss” prospect. Dude has never been close to right in his draft analysis for over 20 years 😂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

How do you know who Pitts is but not the guy that was throwing him the ball the last 2 seasons?

I know who Kyle Trask is,, If you guys would name the first and last name.. I do know who your talking about ,, NOW. And yes.. I really did like Trask if we went with a QB , cause we could have gotten him in the 2nd round.  I made a post before the Draft and said this very some thing.  I think a lot of teams are going to wish they had taken him, and not passed him up in the draft.. For the pick, he was in my book the second best deal in the draft at QB,, Justin Fields was the very best deal in this draft IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

I know who Kyle Trask is,, If you guys would name the first and last name.. I do know who your talking about ,, NOW. And yes.. I really did like Trask if we went with a QB , cause we could have gotten him in the 2nd round.  I made a post before the Draft and said this very some thing.  I think a lot of teams are going to wish they had taken him, and not passed him up in the draft.. For the pick, he was in my book the second best deal in the draft at QB,, Justin Fields was the very best deal in this draft IMO.

Dude…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Who is Trask .. for real, I don't know who your talking about.  I'm the one who started the Pitts train.. Go back far enough and you can see I was the first one to push for Pitts and had him in my early and only Mock, The Pitts post I had turned into one of the largest post I've ever made.  As I said back then,, I hardly ever get the player I want in the first round.. But glad it happened this last draft. I'm Pitt's biggest fan.

   And one other thing. If we had not gotten Pitts. I wanted Fields if we got a QB,, the guy is going to be IMO the best QB in this class,, Just remember what I said here. 

Simply incorrect. You made 48 mocks and changed who you said you wanted about 7301 times in the span of 2 months. Let's be real, You never watched any of these dudes and went to a random draft prospect website and started pulling names based solely off college stats. The fact you are now saying who is Trask is hilarious and further proves this.

FYI, The first mock that had Pitts was @King Jigsawand it was a hilarious thread to read. All the people dismissing Pitts back before the hype train began in in March.

 

Edited by PriMeTiiMe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That London take isnt accurate. He was responsible for Arian Foster, Lamar Miller has good stats under him and Jordan Howard has knee disorder. Montgomery was 3rd round pick who came on in his second year. To me that speaks to being coached up his first year.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, BLM said:

He's a TE in NFL because that's where he played in college.  He was a TE in college because he wasn't good enough to move over to WR or play DE, two if the more premier positions that require more quickness.

No, he's a TE because that's where he's best at. Same reason every single position is what they are. Great WR's would rarely make great TE's. It's a different position.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think anyone is complaining about Pitts.  I wanted Fields because he absolutely has the capability to bring a team to the Super Bowl soon, but I am also very glad we got Pitts and I don't get to pick anyway.  We'll be fine. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

I don't think anyone is complaining about Pitts.  I wanted Fields because he absolutely has the capability to bring a team to the Super Bowl soon, but I am also very glad we got Pitts and I don't get to pick anyway.  We'll be fine.

Fields isn't winning squat unless he's got a good enough team around him with the coaching to make it happen. People have such a strange way of viewing quarterbacks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2021 at 3:33 AM, BLM said:

He's a TE in NFL because that's where he played in college.  He was a TE in college because he wasn't good enough to move over to WR or play DE, two if the more premier positions that require more quickness.

Man, our front office and staff are really stupid, huh?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Simply incorrect. You made 48 mocks and changed who you said you wanted about 7301 times in the span of 2 months. Let's be real, You never watched any of these dudes and went to a random draft prospect website and started pulling names based solely off college stats. The fact you are now saying who is Trask is hilarious and further proves this.

FYI, The first mock that had Pitts was @King Jigsawand it was a hilarious thread to read. All the people dismissing Pitts back before the hype train began in in March.

 

Jiggy was indeed the first one on Pitts wagon.. And a lot of folks now look pretty dumb bashing him for it too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Fields isn't winning squat unless he's got a good enough team around him with the coaching to make it happen. People have such a strange way of viewing quarterbacks.

Maybe.  The Bears won 8, 5 by a single score.  So in their case, yes, a quarterback who is a difference maker will deliver 3-4 more wins.  Especially one who can carry.  I'm not saying they win it in a year.  But they will definitely win more with him than without him.  

We can disagree but I'm not wrong on this.  A .500 team (who beat us at MB) with most of the same pieces and a QB with a rocket arm who can run, they'll convert more when he's got the keys, whenever that is.  

You can love the Falcons and still acknowledge that some other teams are good at football.  I'd think a lot of Bears fans are pretty optimistic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

Maybe.  The Bears won 8, 5 by a single score.  So in their case, yes, a quarterback who is a difference maker will deliver 3-4 more wins.  Especially one who can carry.  I'm not saying they win it in a year.  But they will definitely win more with him than without him.  

We can disagree but I'm not wrong on this.  A .500 team (who beat us at MB) with most of the same pieces and a QB with a rocket arm who can run, they'll convert more when he's got the keys, whenever that is.  

You can love the Falcons and still acknowledge that some other teams are good at football.  I'd think a lot of Bears fans are pretty optimistic.

Aren’t they always? Yet… 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

Maybe.  The Bears won 8, 5 by a single score.  So in their case, yes, a quarterback who is a difference maker will deliver 3-4 more wins.  Especially one who can carry.  I'm not saying they win it in a year.  But they will definitely win more with him than without him.  

We can disagree but I'm not wrong on this.  A .500 team (who beat us at MB) with most of the same pieces and a QB with a rocket arm who can run, they'll convert more when he's got the keys, whenever that is.  

You can love the Falcons and still acknowledge that some other teams are good at football.  I'd think a lot of Bears fans are pretty optimistic.

I really wanted to respond to this with a well thought out response but when you say "we can disagree but you're wrong" that pretty much kills my desire to try to engage in honest objective debate. So...I've leave you to it. Selah.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2021 at 1:45 AM, AUTiger7222 said:

Fields isn't winning squat unless he's got a good enough team around him with the coaching to make it happen. People have such a strange way of viewing quarterbacks.

Fast/elusive = Great.  One thing I've learned about QBs, it's what's between the ears that matters most and how quickly they can process the information coming in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2021 at 12:45 AM, AUTiger7222 said:

Fields isn't winning squat unless he's got a good enough team around him with the coaching to make it happen. People have such a strange way of viewing quarterbacks.

Soo, essentially the same thing you all do with Ryan?

 

man if only Ryan had a good offensive coordinator that game plans to his strengths

If he had a defense

if he had an offensive line

if he had a good running game etc, etc

junk starts turning into a 12 days of Christmas list on the things “ if only Matt Ryan had, he could win us a title”

 

😂 man you’re oblivious

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Radiant City said:

Soo, essentially the same thing you all do with Ryan?

 

man if only Ryan had a good offensive coordinator that game plans to his strengths

If he had a defense

if he had an offensive line

if he had a good running game etc, etc

junk starts turning into a 12 days of Christmas list on the things “ if only Matt Ryan had, he could win us a title”

 

😂 man you’re oblivious

Justin Fields does not win more games for the 2021 Atlanta Falcons than Matt Ryan does. I don’t care about 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, and so on and so forth. The only thing that matters is 2021 and Ryan is better for the Falcons winning games this year than Fields is. Fields being able to run around doesn’t mean squat to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Rings locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...