This place is still here? Any old timers still around?

14 minutes ago, Pa_Falcon_Fan said:

Hey Rev!  How have you been?!  Long time no see.   I miss the old message board get togethers.

Me too. I'd love to do that again next season.

On 7/1/2021 at 2:58 PM, Rev_Hal said:

I will. This place was a mess during the post-Vick years. I'm actually glad to see that ABF forum is gone too. That was a constant bed of flames.

I went over to FalcFans for several of the post-Vick years. Kept Pudge, Emmit, and Cappy company over there.

On 7/1/2021 at 2:55 PM, Rev_Hal said:

I loved Gazoo, but he would argue and present the most insane statistics.

"The Falcons lead the league in Rushing on Sundays between 1:30 and 1:45 PM in domed stadiums when it is raining outside."

Gazoo, the gift that keeps giving 😇

Hope all is well with you my brother.  Good too see you pop up on a thread!

On 7/1/2021 at 1:40 PM, Rev_Hal said:

Wow, I had no idea these boards were still up and running. I was a Mod here for over a decade.  Any old timers here?

I remember you well, Rev,  I always considered you to be a solid poster here.  🙂

The boards are still up and running.... during the season and for events like free agency and the draft a lot of folks are still commenting here.   Nothing like the 'old days', but still this place can still get lively.   Nowadays there are so many social media outlets now...  thankfully, the griefers and trolls have moved on to bigger audiences elsewhere..... leaving this place to Falcons fans.   A good thing if you ask me.....

I believe that, with a new HC and front office and a much younger team this team will attract some fans back, and so will these boards.... especially if we can get 9 plus wins out of this team.   Come check things out more often! 

58 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

I remember you well, Rev,  I always considered you to be a solid poster here.  🙂

The boards are still up and running.... during the season and for events like free agency and the draft a lot of folks are still commenting here.   Nothing like the 'old days', but still this place can still get lively.   Nowadays there are so many social media outlets now...  thankfully, the griefers and trolls have moved on to bigger audiences elsewhere..... leaving this place to Falcons fans.   A good thing if you ask me.....

I believe that, with a new HC and front office and a much younger team this team will attract some fans back, and so will these boards.... especially if we can get 9 plus wins out of this team.   Come check things out more often! 

Great points ego!

11 hours ago, The Great American said:

Rev Hal, not sure if you remember me or not but we talked about you sponsoring me for the Emmaus Walk event.  I was posting as Youthuy back in those days.  

Hey buddy. Hope you are doing well. Great to hear from you.

2 minutes ago, direwolf said:

What's up, Rev? I'm still around. I remember when I started on the boards, back in 2002 or so. Long freaking time ago!

Mostly here for articles these days - this remains a pretty good clearinghouse for Falcons news.

Same - and I think you're the only one I've ever met IRL. Back at the ol' Dunwoody Tavern.

Posted (edited)

I remember Rev Hal, and the other gents that have been mentioned in this thread. 

However, I am also wondering where the guy with the 77 in his name is. I can't remember exactly what his screen name was, but it sure seems like he could be Slumerican or BLM...

Edit: I just remembered the name: FalconMania77! 🤣 That dude came up with some real whoppers!

Edited by Boise Falcon Fan

4 hours ago, rugger8 said:

Same - and I think you're the only one I've ever met IRL. Back at the ol' Dunwoody Tavern.

Yep, Dunwoody Tavern for the win. Is it even still there? I don't get to that part of town very often.

I've met a few folks in person - Capologist, Cooter, Gazoo, a few others. 

8 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

It's been 19 years for me. Sheesh.

I think I’ve been in here since 1998 or 1999…..it was somewhere in there. We had only a handful of posters back then, MWJR, SCFalconfan, Falcon56, Hoppy, Antmillenium, I’m not sure anyone is still here from my very first year here. Cappy possibly was here that year.