Can the 2020-2021 Hawks be an inspiration to the 2021 Atlanta Falcons?

I believe that the Atlanta Hawks deep playoff run under new head coach Nate McMillan that will HOPEFULLY end in an Atlanta championship can be a huge inspiration to our Atlanta Falcons. I think that the Falcons can feed off of that much needed energy for this city.

The Falcons are in a situation similar to the Hawks where they may benefit a lot from a coaching change. Both teams are underdogs that most fans don't expect much from.

Let's hope that Arthur Smith and Dean Pees can do for the Falcons what Nate McMillan has done for the Hawks. Falcons players are rooting hard for the Hawks.

IF the Hawks can pull this off I think it will eliminate a lot of negative energy from our fan base and I'm sure subconsciously our players. Even if they fall short it still should give the Falcons confidence that a new head coach can bring a winning culture to a team like that so quickly.

Just now, Falcons Fan MVP said:

A lot of people think that Atlanta sports teams are cursed. If a team like the Hawks can get over the hump that would certainly help bring some much needed positive energy for our city. 

Man, if my Falcons need inspiration outside of themselves to do better, I don't want any of them punks on my team. It's cool for the Falcons players to be hyped for the Hawks right now but I guarantee you that will be the least thing on their minds when training camp starts.

6 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

I kinda miss the Julio threads right now 😂

One need only to look at the 5 page thread deceptively titled " Run game you say", to get your fill of julio bs again. I don't miss any of the falcons need a qb nor jj threads. I get your sarcasm, and agree. It's just that the ish hasn't stopped.

Well, you know. The Hawks are unique. The secret to their success, imho, involves the wonderful naïve hopefulness of youth. They see opportunity, not obstacles. They expect to win and are surprised when anything else happens. They figure, in their souls, that there is no reason they can't do this.

If you buy into all the power of positive thinking stuff going around these days, the Hawks are a great case study. They see how they can do it, and don't create any negative energy pondering what may go wrong. 

The Falcons and Hawks are different. The Falcons will need to win a game or two. Once they do that, they may capture their real-good feel-good feeling. There is zero the Hawks can do to help or hinder them. 

One thing the Hawks do have, on top of "belief," is consistent solid coaching all they way down their bench and good execution of game plans. Capturing some of that won't hurt the Falcons. 

39 minutes ago, slick0ne said:

Man, if my Falcons need inspiration outside of themselves to do better, I don't want any of them punks on my team. It's cool for the Falcons players to be hyped for the Hawks right now but I guarantee you that will be the least thing on their minds when training camp starts.

I believe that the Atlanta Hawks winning under a new head coach will help the Falcons believe that they can win under a new head coach. That sounds like the reason #11 requested a trade is because he didn't believe we could win right away under a new coaching staff. 

I don't think the Falcons needed inspiration to want to win I think it's possible they there may be some players besides #11 that need inspiration to believe that the Falcons can win and be a force in the playoffs. 

21 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

No.  They're not inspirational at all.  They've had it all handed to them.  Basically bought the team.  Bunch of high paid overpriced.......

.......oh, wait, that's all the teams they keep beating.  My bad.

I wouldn’t say Philly is bought though. They drafted all their players except a couple. Simmons needs to go though

16 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I believe that the Atlanta Hawks winning under a new head coach will help the Falcons believe that they can win under a new head coach. That sounds like the reason #11 requested a trade is because he didn't believe we could win right away under a new coaching staff. 

I don't think the Falcons needed inspiration to want to win I think it's possible they there may be some players besides #11 that need inspiration to believe that the Falcons can win and be a force in the playoffs. 

Nah they don’t need any type of inspiration from basketball players. That’s not how pro sports work. You know what motivates pro players? Money

4 hours ago, KCFalcon22 said:

No, the Hawks are a lot YOUNGER, made a plan to get younger and ATHLETIC, and followed the plan. 

Um unless I'm mistaken, we have one of the youngest teams in the league. Matty Ice is the oldest and I think beyond him, Lee Smith, and Erik Harris... all our guys are under 30. 

5 hours ago, JDaveG said:

No.  They're not inspirational at all.  They've had it all handed to them.  Basically bought the team.  Bunch of high paid overpriced.......

.......oh, wait, that's all the teams they keep beating.  My bad.

lmao..thats the funny thing..hawks are embarassing supposed world beaters...the little ole lowly not suppose to be there happy to be here hawks.