Justin Houston being looked at

1 minute ago, atljbo said:

We gotta stop posting this  rumors page man....

Agreed. There's more than one too, and none of these sites/twitter accounts with "rumor" in the name should be allowed to be posted imo

Delete them on sight

Either have an actual post from an individual reporter or don't bother

My step cousins friend who is related to Arthur Blanks maid just dropped the news. I was also given the inside scoop that Desmond Trufant feels bad for taking ATLs money and will return all of it free of charge. I'm going to post the news on my twitter account to make it official. You heard it here first

3 hours ago, hjerry said:

Agreed. There's more than one too, and none of these sites/twitter accounts with "rumor" in the name should be allowed to be posted imo

Delete them on sight

Either have an actual post from an individual reporter or don't bother

The only rumors website that anyone should trust is Pro Football Rumors and that's only because everything they post is linked back to a legit source and it's only for informative purposes. They don't make up such and conjecture about "what might or might not happen." They see a tweet about a player or something and right up a nice little summery about the tweet and why it's relevant. It's my go to source for news and info before anything else. Here's an example of what type of info they post and how they present it.

June 20th, 2021 at 7:20pm CST by Andrew Ortenberg
  • After trading Julio Jones, the Falcons will be leaning heavily on Calvin Ridley this season. As such, there was understandably some concern when it was announced a couple weeks ago that Ridley had undergone foot surgery. Fortunately, we’ve got another positive update to pass along. The foot injury was actually something Ridley dealt with during the 2020 season, and not a new injury suffered this offseason, the wideout told the media recently, via Scott Bair of the team’s official site. “It was just minor,” Ridley said. “I can walk and all that right now. I’m taking it one day at a time.” He also added that he’s “pretty sure” he’ll be ready for training camp, although Bair writes “that remains a bit of an unknown at this stage.” Either way, it doesn’t sound like anything to panic about.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/

1 hour ago, Slumerican said:

I remember about 5 years ago we were looking at Houston..I really hope we are just looking 

Justin Houston is still very productive. Why wouldn't you want him? In limited snaps (50-60%) for the Colts last year he still racked up 8 sacks and they weren't just built on 1 or 2 good games. He recorded a sack in 7 different games last year.

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

Justin Houston is still very productive. Why wouldn't you want him? In limited snaps (50-60%) for the Colts last year he still racked up 8 sacks and they weren't just built on 1 or 2 good games. He recorded a sack in 7 different games last year.

Just believe his best days are behind him..hate to sign a liability, id rather sign a younger dl man with something to prove than a dl man on his way to retirement 

1 minute ago, Slumerican said:

Just believe his best days are behind him..hate to sign a liability, id rather sign a younger dl man with something to prove than a dl man on his way to retirement 

He's only 32. He's not 37.

When did 31 and 32 become too old to play in the NFL and on the way to retirement?

He's still productive when used correctly (limited snaps). Seems like a no-brainer to me.

5 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

He's only 32. He's not 37.

When did 31 and 32 become too old to play in the NFL and on the way to retirement?

He's still productive when used correctly (limited snaps). Seems like a no-brainer to me.

And I really don't know his condition or mindset..I haven't really followed him close enough to know if he does have any injuries or how many snaps he's wanting to play. Nothing wrong with giving him a look, just don't want to overspend on any player right now while we're trying to crawl out of a cap ****..I'd rather save as much cap as we can for a year or two then go after it wide open when we have the right pieces in place