Falcons Need To Sign This Man!!!

3 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

As I've done explained, I thought this was a cap driven move because the Steelers cap situation was worse than the Falcons when the offseason started. I had no idea that DeCastro was hurt.

Man don't pay any attention. More than half of the people that would criticize your OP call for drafting suck players, signing left overs, and hate playmakers. Tell them to kiss your ashy kneecaps and walk away. Garbage posters.

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Man don't pay any attention. More than half of the people that would criticize your OP call for drafting suck players, signing left overs, and hate playmakers. Tell them to kiss your ashy kneecaps and walk away. Garbage posters.

Exactly. It isn't like I advocated for a 39 year old shell of a former player. DeCastro is only 31. That's young in terms of NFL offensive linemen.

6 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Exactly. It isn't like I advocated for a 39 year old shell of a former player. DeCastro is only 31. That's young in terms of NFL offensive linemen.

I didn't even know he was messed up and possibly retiring and I guarantee you...MOST OF THEM...didn't know either. They hit google as fast as possible and laid into you without purpose. Dry trolling.

8 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I didn't even know he was messed up and possibly retiring and I guarantee you...MOST OF THEM...didn't know either. They hit google as fast as possible and laid into you without purpose. Dry trolling.

8 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Exactly!! But not surprised. You know how this place rolls.

It sounded like a good idea to me to. I didn't know either about the injury.

He’s gotten worse the last three years on top of the injury others have mentioned.  We don’t have the cap room but we would be paying for a name and not for the expected production.  Wouldn’t seem like a TF signing based on the value he has gotten up to this point.

7 hours ago, Vandy said:

I really want to see Mayfield win that OG spot. He’s that bad *** mauler our OL has been missing since our early run (2008-12) of smitty.

We have never replaced the attitude that Harvey Dahl and Tyson Clabo brought to the team. I loved watching those guys get in those little extra shots after the whistle. Those little, "I'm gonna make your life a living heIl shots and there's nothing you can do about it." We've been so weak on that front.

4 hours ago, Rings said:

He’s gotten worse the last three years on top of the injury others have mentioned.  We don’t have the cap room but we would be paying for a name and not for the expected production.  Wouldn’t seem like a TF signing based on the value he has gotten up to this point.

He's still really good. PFR has this thing called Approximate Value which puts a number on how good or bad a player is and how valuable he is to his team's success and DeCastro is still the man. He's not the All-Pro he once was but he's still really good.

• 2012 - 2
  • 2013 - 7
  • 2014 - 8
  • 2015 - 15
  • 2016 - 12
  • 2017 - 14
  • 2018 - 9
  • 2019 - 8
  • 2020 - 8

Anything above 7 or 8 is really good. Anything above 10 is pro bowl level.

Here is how he compares to say Jake Matthews (yes, one's a guard and one's a tackle, but it's just to show that DeCastro is still really good).

• 2014 - 8
  • 2015 - 7
  • 2016 - 11
  • 2017 - 8
  • 2018 - 12
  • 2019 - 8
  • 2020 - 8

It's not a perfect stat, and not one that should be used completely alone but it's the only one I've got access to.

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

He's still really good. PFR has this thing called Approximate Value which puts a number on how good or bad a player is and how valuable he is to his team's success and DeCastro is still the man. He's not the All-Pro he once was but he's still really good.

• 2012 - 2
  • 2013 - 7
  • 2014 - 8
  • 2015 - 15
  • 2016 - 12
  • 2017 - 14
  • 2018 - 9
  • 2019 - 8
  • 2020 - 8

Anything above 7 or 8 is really good. Anything above 10 is pro bowl level.

Here is how he compares to say Jake Matthews (yes, one's a guard and one's a tackle, but it's just to show that DeCastro is still really good).

• 2014 - 8
  • 2015 - 7
  • 2016 - 11
  • 2017 - 8
  • 2018 - 12
  • 2019 - 8
  • 2020 - 8

It's not a perfect stat, and not one that should be used completely alone but it's the only one I've got access to.

I’m not a huge fan of AV myself, it is very stat driven and since offensive line really doesn’t have stats, I believe it’s based off of team success and team stats divided up to the line.   Could be wrong though, haven’t looked at it in a few years in depth. Talking to Steelers fans I know, games I watched (only 3-4) of theirs, and also looking at PFF grade, he struggled bad last year, primarily in run blocking, which matches the eye test for the games I watched, but their whole line did as well, which is why I find it hilarious they took a back in the first round to fix their run game when they had the worst run blocking offensive line in the league last year.

2 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

We have never replaced the attitude that Harvey Dahl and Tyson Clabo brought to the team. I loved watching those guys get in those little extra shots after the whistle. Those little, "I'm gonna make your life a living heIl shots and there's nothing you can do about it." We've been so weak on that front.

We've yet to find that again.

42 minutes ago, Rings said:

I’m not a huge fan of AV myself, it is very stat driven and since offensive line really doesn’t have stats, I believe it’s based off of team success and team stats divided up to the line.   Could be wrong though, haven’t looked at it in a few years in depth. Talking to Steelers fans I know, games I watched (only 3-4) of theirs, and also looking at PFF grade, he struggled bad last year, primarily in run blocking, which matches the eye test for the games I watched, but their whole line did as well, which is why I find it hilarious they took a back in the first round to fix their run game when they had the worst run blocking offensive line in the league last year.

I'm not its biggest fan but I don't put any stock at all in PFF. I rather eat dirt than to take anything PFF says seriously.

17 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I think mayfield’s cut from that same cloth, Aub. Every scouting report I respect speaks of his “fighting temperament”. 

12 hours ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

I think Senio Kelemete is the much more likely signing at this point. He’s started at LG in the past, has experience at several spots along the offensive line and started 8 games for the Saints with Fontenot on NO. 

I'd say this was a good guess!

16 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I'm not its biggest fan but I don't put any stock at all in PFF. I rather eat dirt than to take anything PFF says seriously.

I take it with a grain of salt, but I would rather put stock in a place that watches every play and grades their individual performance on each play than just the outcome of what happened.  If a QB throws a perfect pass, WR bobbles it and tips it into the air and it and it gets intercepted, AV would dock the QB for the outcome, PFF would give the QB a positive grade since they did their job and dock the WR for the mistake.  It’s not perfect, but to me it’s the most logical and matches the eye test.  Also helps when fans drool over a sack number (Beasley in 16 for example), paints a better picture imo.