Jump to content

The Falcons need someone like Trae Young who can take over a game and dominate.


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Yup. 

 

Our Trae is Matt Ryan. Field General that can lead his team even when they're down (and yes he has done that plenty of times). 

 

Only thing is basketball has defense/offense in a hybrid role... we just have a garbage defense (had... hopefully). 

Matt Ryan is a very good QB, but comparing him to Trae Young is beyond ludacris. Trae at 22 is doing things, only the greatest players off all time have done offensively.  He is an offensive maestro and his abillity to manipulate defenses is similar to Manning and Brady in football.  Jeff Teague is a better comp. Jeff Teague led the only 60 win team in Hawks history and took the Hawks to the ECF finals. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

If a single player could accomplish what we're discussing, the Lions should have about 5 Lombardis via Mr. Barry Sanders.    

You see one player dominate football up until high school, maybe a tad in college.

 Beyond that it just doesn't happen.

 

 

Seriously... You have the best running back in NFL history and you put him in the run and shoot. You have Herman Moore and Brett Perriman and you still run the run and shoot. They could have had a great WCO or an offense like Dallas had.

Geez the lions were stupid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

If a single player could accomplish what we're discussing, the Lions should have about 5 Lombardis via Mr. Barry Sanders.    

You see one player dominate football up until high school, maybe a tad in college.

 Beyond that it just doesn't happen.

 

 

You see this with peewee leagues where the fastest kid is the QB.  Takes the ball, ticks and runs.  That dominance quickly gets negated with maturity.  The freaks more often than not come back to the pack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did anyone watch game 2 last night? Yep, Trae Young did nothing and the Hawks got embarrassed. I never want the Atlanta Falcons to go back to like we were in the Michael Vick days when we only won when Vick went off. When Vick did nothing we lost. You don't win championships like that and I want to win championships.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Did anyone watch game 2 last night? Yep, Trae Young did nothing and the Hawks got embarrassed. I never want the Atlanta Falcons to go back to like we were in the Michael Vick days when we only won when Vick went off. When Vick did nothing we lost. You don't win championships like that and I want to win championships.

Seems to work in other cities? Why not Atlanta. A lot of this was on an overrated coaching staff. This was a bad game vs a good team. There is a difference between an off game and a bad game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, insight said:

Matt Ryan is a very good QB, but comparing him to Trae Young is beyond ludacris. Trae at 22 is doing things, only the greatest players off all time have done offensively.  He is an offensive maestro and his abillity to manipulate defenses is similar to Manning and Brady in football.  Jeff Teague is a better comp. Jeff Teague led the only 60 win team in Hawks history and took the Hawks to the ECF finals. 

 

Last night he failed....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is the NFL no one player can dominate and carry a team to victory. It's been plenty of players that dominate their side of the field such as Randy Moss or Barry Sanders, but they don't play defense, they don't block, they don't throw the ball, etc. 

 

On top of that Trae can do great things, but as we saw tonight, he's 6 foot, he's not Lebron, he's physically limited and can be slowed down a lot easier since his best skillset is being an elite playmaker than an elite shooter like Steph for example. When teammates are getting open and hitting their shots it's a lot easier on Trae. Defense was also abysmal last game and has never been a strong suit of Trae's, so while he can dominate offensively, it's not like he can go out there and lockdown Giannis. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For my three teams for the Falcons they got Calvin Ridley in cow pits for the braves they have Ronald a c u n a and Ozzy a l b i e s for Atlanta United they have barco and Josef Martinez 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2021 at 9:56 AM, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Yup. 

 

Our Trae is Matt Ryan. Field General that can lead his team even when they're down (and yes he has done that plenty of times). 

 

Only thing is basketball has defense/offense in a hybrid role... we just have a garbage defense (had... hopefully). 

:lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Seems to work in other cities? Why not Atlanta. A lot of this was on an overrated coaching staff. This was a bad game vs a good team. There is a difference between an off game and a bad game. 

What? What NFL team is built like the Michael Vick era Falcons and wins championships as a result? The closest NFL team to what the Falcons were in the Michael Vick days is the Ravens with Lamar Jackson and they've yet to win a single playoff game with Jackson much less a championship.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Did anyone watch game 2 last night? Yep, Trae Young did nothing and the Hawks got embarrassed. I never want the Atlanta Falcons to go back to like we were in the Michael Vick days when we only won when Vick went off. When Vick did nothing we lost. You don't win championships like that and I want to win championships.

The Hawks did what they needed to do, they stole home court advantage by spliting in Millwakee.  They had a bad night the  series is tied, not sure why that impacts thier ability to win Championships.  The Hawks are ahead of schedule, most of thier players are under 25 years old. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, insight said:

The Hawks did what they needed to do, they stole home court advantage by spliting in Millwakee.  They had a bad night the  series is tied, not sure why that impacts thier ability to win Championships.  The Hawks are ahead of schedule, most of thier players are under 25 years old. 

The point is Michael Vick type teams don't win championships in football. We've done been down that road. The number of championships won by guys like Michael Vick and Randall Cunningham is zero. Barry Sanders was a one man show in Detroit. Again, zero championships to show for it. Anyone that would want to go back to that type of team (which is basically what the OP is suggesting without just flat out saying it) only cares about entertainment and not actual winning. You need a complete team to win championships. Trae Young isn't the only player on the Hawks. They've got other good players too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Did anyone watch game 2 last night? Yep, Trae Young did nothing and the Hawks got embarrassed. I never want the Atlanta Falcons to go back to like we were in the Michael Vick days when we only won when Vick went off. When Vick did nothing we lost. You don't win championships like that and I want to win championships.

Makes you happy because you’re anti NBA which you’ve made it known so that makes you anti Trae.  Just say it. Right? Anti NBA, Anti Atlanta, Anti Trae. unless it’s the Braves. Anti Trae. Say it. Revel in there loss. Hater. I’m pro Atlanta. Pro Trae. You’re not.  WTBS “Braves supporter”. Anti a good clean young man that means a lot to the city I grew up in. I’m proud of this young man. 22 years young man. I bet you like’d New York fans when he got spit on or had to listen to “**** you Trae” or them cackling about his hair loss. On and on. I’d love for you to  educate me about the Point” you’re making. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...