This definitely has to improve

7 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

What's a good rate? I really don't know, and am curious.

Well, I can't answer that question, but what I can talk about is catch percentage. Catch percentage is basically the number of catches divided by the number of targets. That doesn't tell the whole story when it comes to why a receiver isn't catching the ball, but we can look at the top receivers in the NFL and see that a good "catch percentage" is usually in the 70s. Julio for his career is 64.2%. The best year of his career was last year when he was at 75%.

The best catch percentage in the NFL in 2020 (minimum 50 targets) was Packers TE Robert Tonyan. He had 52 catches in only 58 targets good for a catch percentage of 88.1%. The top ranking WR (minimum 50 targets) was surprisingly Curtis Samuel of the Panthers. Samuel had 77 catches in 97 targets. That's a catch percentage of 79.4%.

9 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

The only grey area is when a defender is close

Is it a drop or a pass defensed?

A defender has to physically get his hands on the ball to be credited with a pass defensed. That is why those numbers aren't very high over the course of the season.

On 6/22/2021 at 12:51 PM, octoslash said:

Having a coach who will not high-five the player who drops a pass should be a major step in the right 

Why coach them up on their mistakes when a fist bump is so much easier?:bang: