Isaiah Oliver moving to Free Safety

3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Literally nobody said this.  You're making it up and then flogging the straw man.

So I'm making up people commenting in multiple threads 'in pees I trust' you're literally of of them 👀👀

And I mean multipleeee threads folks commenting how our defense is going to do this and do that with the players we have and pees can scheme against our weaknesses  ect. And if you don't see it you're clearly just tryna flame your weak *** argument as to why you can feel optimistic but others can't be hesitant, that's dumb. Your statements in themselves show that you expect pees to improve our defense with the moves he hoping will make a difference, no? 

4 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

So I'm making up people commenting in multiple threads 'in pees I trust' you're literally of of them 👀👀

And I mean multipleeee threads folks commenting how our defense is going to do this and do that with the players we have and pees can scheme against our weaknesses  ect. And if you don't see it you're clearly just tryna flame your weak *** argument as to why you can feel optimistic but others can't be hesitant, that's dumb. Your statements in themselves show that you expect pees to improve our defense with the moves he hoping will make a difference, no? 

What I responded to when I said you're making things up:

22 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Not saying he cant change things around here but it's folks acting like all these c level players are gonna turn all pro under pees, just because....what? Lol 

But why am I arguing with you?  You're on ignore now.  Play this stupid **** with someone else.

33 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Could have just been a typo? Either way, I was kinda hoping that's why we drafted him, but wasn't the case. He would be a  instant upgrade over Allen, just from pure physical ability. Allen shouldn't have been in the league. Dude was always late on everything. If it's true, yay... , If not, ok... 

Very well could have. The reality is this shows nothing

He was listed as FS on the depth chart that got put out on the Falcons website long before those pics came out, hence why the person captioned him as FS

The people who run the Falcons website do not get inside knowledge on the team’s plans. We’re not moving him to FS

The move makes sense to me, although he seem to play much better once he was moved inside.

Now if only it could yield results similar to when Malcolm Jenkins was moved to three safety.

It will be interesting to see how that position shakes out if it is truly letting the best man win. A bunch of potential, but not known commodities at the position.

6 hours ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

I’ll wait until this is confirmed by coaching staff. The article’s rationale for the move is quite literally, “Look at the photo caption” stuff gets captioned incorrectly all the time. 

Plus, it’s camp, coaches like mixing things up and seeing what works. This might not even be a permanent thing. 

The caption below your pic reads Forum Member. Is that true, or not? 🤔

4 hours ago, JDaveG said:

2018 under Pees - 3rd in points allowed

2019 under Pees - 12th in points allowed

2020 after Pees retired - 24th in points allowed

I'm not saying he's a wizard.  I'm just saying he's a pretty good coach.

I don't know why Pees being a good coach and having a great track record of turning defenses good is such a controversial take around here these days. He has an amazing track record with his defenses. 

7 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I like the fact our new HC and FO are trying different things that may or may not work.  Repeating staus quo hasn't worked for the Falcons in the past so let's see what our new regime can pull out of a hat. 

I mean, isn’t this the same thing Quinn did with Ricardo Allen when he got here?

3 hours ago, ATLskinjob said:

I don't know why Pees being a good coach and having a great track record of turning defenses good is such a controversial take around here these days. He has an amazing track record with his defenses. 

Some people love losing. 

3 hours ago, ATLskinjob said:

The Falcons are a novelty/gimmick team and so the fan base likes the unconventional. Fastest show on turf, gritz blitz, anything with a cute name and catch phrase. 

Pees and Smith don't have a gimmick. They are both smash mouth and hard nose type coaches. Old school if you will. Actual football guys. Nothing romantic, not going for story players, just doing their job. TF is all about getting actual football players. Not metric stars. 

This is boring to an indoctrinated mind. If we do less than 10 wins and a playoff this board will come with pitchforks. 

13 hours ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

I’ll wait until this is confirmed by coaching staff. The article’s rationale for the move is quite literally, “Look at the photo caption” stuff gets captioned incorrectly all the time. 

Plus, it’s camp, coaches like mixing things up and seeing what works. This might not even be a permanent thing. 

This

19 hours ago, Dirtybird3 said:

To what extent? I mean I get he's better than the previous but how much do you really believe he can make us top half of the league with the peanuts we have?? Lol, like I get optimism but yall really out here downing the kool-aid double fisted 

There are several reasons to be optimistic.   One, we will run the ball more.  Our AC is good at implementing a run game, plus we have a -lot- of new options at RB.   Reducing the amount of time our D is on the field will automatically improve our D by several spots upwards.

Second, how can we know for sure, exactly -what- we have on defense, talentwise?  Our defense was mismanaged on so many levels....  our schemes were just awful.  Seems to me our defenders had no idea what they were doing or were supposed to be accomplishing.   We sure were not playing like a -team-.

The biggest improvement is going to be our coaching.  Pees has had success with several teams employing varying levels of talent.   He and Arthur Smith will be more accountability-based than DQ or TD were.   They keep preaching competition for jobs.  No more music during practices... no more catchphrases... no more 'brotherhood'.    Time to get real.

If Pees actually is planning to use him in that Swiss Army Knife role and move him around the defense, to me that actually speaks very well of Oliver. A player would need to be able to understand assignments and responsibilities from all over the defense to handle that kind of role, which takes serious football smarts. It also suggests that Pees thinks he can find favorable matchups with Oliver's skillset.

Just a thought...