2021 Playoffs Round 3 (ECF) - Hawks#5 vs Bucks#3

jayu70

4 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

I know what cha mean..but hate to see any athlete have a serious injury..maybe it just looked worse that what it was, but after watching several replays it looked nasty

Well I think he's definitely gone for the next game at least. I mean I don't want anybody hurt either and don't wish it on him. But since he already IS, then it may as well be the rest of the series. :)

4 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

I noticed this the other night when Trae initially went out and LW was running the offense. Trae came back in and everyone start jacking up long 3s. Everyone feeds off Trae, so when he starts playing hero ball, the team simply follows his lead. Still rather have him than not though 

Shaq actually made that point tonight about Giannis. He didn't come out leading them in how they should play. He used an incident from his own career when someone told him the same thing about himself and leading the magic. However you come out and play, they're going to follow your lead. 

43 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I don’t think anyone will disagree lol. Everyone knows Young isn’t a good defensive player. That’s why ideally we’re supposed to have Reddish and Hunter to hide it. 

To me Trae’s defense has gotten better every year. He’ll never be a lock down defender, but I don’t think he’s the liability TATH thinks he is. He’s a plus player when he’s on the floor. Trust me.

35 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

I know this won't be a popular opinion..but honestly I believe Young is a liability on defense..yeah, I said it..but really believe we're a better defensive team without Young 

Lmao! I agree. My wife literally put me in the “Carrie” closet prior to this game and I told her “no it’s ok this time!”   She let me out tonight for the game though. The house made crawfish etouffe was awesome though! 

16 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

To me Trae’s defense has gotten better every year. He’ll never be a lock down defender, but I don’t think he’s the liability TATH thinks he is. He’s a plus player when he’s on the floor. Trust me.

Word 

39 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I think buddy can recover quickly from that hypertension but if you look at the play closely he stepped on a foot too and might have a Trae Ref type injury. I expect him to play at at least 80% which is formidable. We just have to shut down the rest like we did tonight.

I would be surprised if Giannis has any severe knee injury.

With that said, I think it'll come down to how sore his knee will be and potential swelling. I've unfortunately experienced hyperextending my knee with the exact same inverted knee bending motion he suffered. It felt worse over night and it swell up and was very sore to the point I had a hard time walking with pressure on it for days. About close to a week.

Giannis will have a hard time playing or moving on it by the time game 5 comes around. Not sure about game 6 or a potential game 7.

26 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yep. He was at the very bottom as a rookie and people sometimes still reference that standing, but it's no longer accurate. He's never going to be known for his defense, but about 20% of the league is worse than him now. Statistically he's just a little behind Luka defensively. 

2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

With that said, I think it'll come down to how sore his knee will be and potential swelling. I've unfortunately experienced hyperextending my knee with the exact same inverted knee bending motion he suffered. It felt worse over night and it swell up and was very sore to the point I had a hard time walking with pressure on it for days. About close to a week.

Giannis will have a hard time playing or moving on it by the time game 5 comes around. Not sure about game 6 or a potential game 7.

I am not a doctor, but quite a few of those fantasy/sports youtube doctors have been making videos on the injury and it doesn't sound good, especially with how hyperextended it was. Maybe it is for the clicks, but many are implying that Giannis would be lucky with just a bone bruise and that he could have partially or fully torn his ACL or PCL.  We won't know until tomorrow, but I do hope for his and the bucks sake that it is just a bone bruise. Any type of ligament tear would like mean the end of this season as well as the end of next season for Giannis. 

32 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I am not a doctor, but quite a few of those fantasy/sports youtube doctors have been making videos on the injury and it doesn't sound good, especially with how hyperextended it was. Maybe it is for the clicks, but many are implying that Giannis would be lucky with just a bone bruise and that he could have partially or fully torn his ACL or PCL.  We won't know until tomorrow, but I do hope for his and the bucks sake that it is just a bone bruise. Any type of ligament tear would like mean the end of this season as well as the end of next season for Giannis. 

I mean anything is possible until they can confirm with an MRI.

It looked really bad. Despite him walking on it, he could've still potentially suffered a bad injury but the adrenaline was still flowing.

Giannis knee more than likely feels really terrible either way right now since he's had time settle down.

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

That one play against Giannis in game 1 told the tale. Sure Trae is half his size, but he sat in there and did his best. Defense is a lot about effort. Not all of it about effort, but that can really help. He's never going to be an elite defender, but he can be an average one. This year I thought he looked a lot better than he had prior

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Giannis will have a hard time playing or moving on it by the time game 5 comes around. Not sure about game 6.

FIFY. Hawks in 6!!

But Giannis's knee is going to be hurting. Any kind of sports sprain or whatnot hurts like **** immediately, then you have a brief adrenaline rush. After that cools off, it starts to hurt again. Had many sprained ankles that felt this way lol. The night of day 1 and then the next few days are rough. 

2 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

That Giannis injury hurt me. I hope he can come back Thursday. Trae too. They are both NBA playoff stars. The league needs both of them. Please heal fast guys.

Best of three series where anything can happen. ATL@PHX is my prediction. I don’t think PHX is ready for us though. Let’s go Hawks! Get a Chip. We need rest.