2021 Playoffs Round 3 (ECF) - Hawks#5 vs Bucks#3

jayu70

Stink we dont get home court. I thought with us knocking off the #1 seed we would have won home court too.

I hope we can get bodies on Giannis and contain him. Hope Bogi can go and if not, does Reddish make a return?

1 hour ago, maorifalcon said:

Stink we dont get home court. I thought with us knocking off the #1 seed we would have won home court too.

I hope we can get bodies on Giannis and contain him. Hope Bogi can go and if not, does Reddish make a return?

Home court advantage goes by who has the higher seed.

Buck are the #3 seed while the Hawks are the #5 seed. So Bucks get the home court advantage.

The thing that works out in the Hawks favor though is that they've yet to have home court advantage and were able to beat the Knicks in NY and beat the Sixers in Philly. Not having home court advantage means nothing to this Hawks team.

3 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Buck are the #3 seed while the Hawks are the #5 seed. So Bucks get the home court advantage.

The thing that works out in the Hawks favor though is that they've yet to have home court advantage and were able to beat the Knicks in NY and beat the Sixers in Philly. Not having home court advantage means nothing to this Hawks team.

5-2 on the road this year and 3-2 at home so far in these playoffs. That's how lower seeds make the finals in any sport. Pretty awesome 

5 hours ago, maorifalcon said:

Nope, doesn't work that way. As the 5th seed, the Hawks were never going to have home court advantage in these playoffs. Doesn't seem to be much of an issue since they play better on the road.

13 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

And we won't have the home court advantage either if we go to the finals. Suns #2, Clippers #4.

17 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

It’s based on seeding

It’s based on regular season record.  Conference seeding plays no part.  In any case, Hawks have worse record than both Western teams, so the Hawks would not have home court advantage. 

Additionally, the Bucks also have a worse record than both Western  teams. 

1 hour ago, Wjcorner said:

It’s based on seeding

That's what I said in my post. Clippers 4 seed and Suns 2 seed. So we still wouldn't have home advantage. I guess they have a tiebreaker if both teams are the same seed in the finals. 

2 hours ago, dmite said:

It’s based on regular season record.  Conference seeding plays no part.  In any case, Hawks have worse record than both Western teams, so the Hawks would not have home court advantage. 

Additionally, the Bucks also have a worse record than both Western  teams. 

I never knew this. I stand corrected, thanks.