Happy Father's Day Brethren

12 hours ago, Dem Birds said:

Happy Father's day everyone. If you all wouldn't mind, my father fell last Saturday and hit his head, he was responsive and alert that night but his conditioned worsened and he's been unresponsive since last Sunday. He has a brain bleed which they have stopped but the damage looks to have been too much, if you guys would just keep him and my family in your thoughts, we would certainly appreciate it. It would have been a tough week regardless but the timing of it all has definitely amplified it. 

In my prayers, Dem Birds. Please keep updated. 

12 hours ago, Dem Birds said:

Happy Father's day everyone. If you all wouldn't mind, my father fell last Saturday and hit his head, he was responsive and alert that night but his conditioned worsened and he's been unresponsive since last Sunday. He has a brain bleed which they have stopped but the damage looks to have been too much, if you guys would just keep him and my family in your thoughts, we would certainly appreciate it. It would have been a tough week regardless but the timing of it all has definitely amplified it. 

Will do, said and done. 

10 hours ago, Dem Birds said:

Thanks. He passed away this evening about 2 hours after we took him off the ventilator.

So sorry for your loss

10 hours ago, octoslash said:

Very sorry.  I lost mine in 2009 to cancer.  

It's tough I know.

My mother died from cancer in 2005 same situation. She was doing hospice (a hospice nurse) in her home. I remember the DNR notice on her door for two weeks prior...I hated that F******* note, but I understood her wishes.