Get in here before this thread gets locked!!

23 hours ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Vick was born too early in the NFL for his skill set to actually work.

If he were playing in college now with all the spread option offenses out there he would still go #1 and possibly a multi-time Heisman and National Championship winner.  

If he had a LITTLE BIT of help, he wins the national championship against Florida State.  He nearly beat them by himself...

19 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Guys like Roger Staubach, Frank Tarkenton, Steve Young, John Elway, and Randall Cunningham say hi.

Tarkenton was a goat.  Doug Flutie was good too, but Tarkenton kept defenses on their heels.  Joe Namath and Tarkenton were the first two NFL quarterbacks that I liked...

Deep ball vs the Falcons:

Best Fran Tarkenton GIFs | Gfycat

Running out of a sack, ala Vick:

Best Fran Tarkenton GIFs | Gfycat

Impressive throw to the right while scrambling to his left:

Fran "The man" Tarkenton does it again! on Make a GIF

I wanted to wait to watch this when I had time to really absorb it.

God, I forgot how exciting it was to watch him. I remember being a kid in high school in NC before the Panthers were formed and I absolutely idolized Mike Vick. He was what made me a Falcons fan. He truly was one of a kind. I hate how his tenure in ATL ended, but man was he a spectacle.

14 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Because of him. They would block one way, he takes off the opposite way

No just look at the video.  For example at 1:40 or 5:10.  No QB can pass with that line.

Edited by BLM

45 minutes ago, BLM said:

Sanders has that one play against the Cowboys but that's about it.  Rest were just run fast through the hole.  Vick jukes someone every time he runs.

These weird agendas some of y'all get on where you can't enjoy a players greatness because it doesn't go with said agenda.......it's sad really.

17 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I watched every game he played as a Falcon. He was more of an issue than you're willing to admit. 

Dude he said that Barry Sanders was just fast through the hole.

The guy who lost the most rushing yardage in NFL history but he was so good at cutting it from one side to the other that the coaches were like "**** it, do you Barry" was only fast through the hole.

I'm legitimately trying to come up with as far from the truth as you can get statements about NFL players and saying "Ahhhh Barry Sanders was just fast through the hole but he didn't really juke people that much"......I can't come up with any.

I mean sure Deion was fast but the receiver only became covered because the QB underthrew it?

2 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

Dude he said that Barry Sanders was just fast through the hole.

The guy who lost the most yardage in NFL history but he was so good at cutting it from one side to the other that the coaches were like "**** it, do you Barry" was only fast through the hole.

I'm legitimately trying to come up with as far from the truth as you can get statements about NFL players and saying "Ahhhh Barry Sanders was just fast through the hole but he didn't really juke people that much"......I can't come up with any.

I mean sure Deion was fast but the receiver only became covered because the QB underthrew it?

Yeah that take on Barry is pure nonsense. Barry broke ankles every other touch. He went above and beyond and played his position the best. Vick doesn't even come close to comparing. Really doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence. Heck if I'm not mistaken, Vick coughed the ball up alot more than Barry too. 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Yeah that take on Barry is pure nonsense. Barry broke ankles every other touch. He went above and beyond and played his position the best. Vick doesn't even come close to comparing. Really doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence. Heck if I'm not mistaken, Vick coughed the ball up alot more than Barry too. 

Barry had to break ankles every touch because the defense knew he was coming because he carried Detroit for his entire career. He was breaking ankles behind the line of scrimmage for most of his career.

Barry Sanders was fast through the hole but............

Been here a long time but that's gonna eventually land in the top five most insane things I've seen on here once I process it completely.

11 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Of course not, though it's not a stretch to say he is the closest to Barry-esque any QB has ever been. Maybe Randall Cunningham in his "running" prime. 

6 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Of course not, though it's not a stretch to say he is the closest to Barry-esque any QB has ever been. Maybe Randall Cunningham in his "running" prime. 

If that's what makes you guys happy from a quarterback by all means pump it up. I have no hype to spread for pure scramblers

55 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

Barry Sanders didn't really have any lateral agility or jukes.

Did you watch all the videos in this thread?  I did.  People stared right at him and vick just juked on by.  Troy Palamalu would have had a field day against Sanders.  People back in the day just weren't as fast and agile as people today.

55 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

Vick had shades of the same running ability but even he can't touch Barry Sanders on start and stop ability much less the jukes. That's just silly talk. For someone to even say they see shades of Barry Sanders is the greatest compliment Vick can ever get for his running ability.

He's a different style.  Sanders had better stop and go and upper body movement and danced.  Vick was just very quick and amazing acceleration and one cut juke and gone.  He don't need to dance because of how quick he as.

Edited by BLM