Get in here before this thread gets locked!!

Electric player on the field. I will never like what he did off the field. He did his time and I forgiven him. If we would have had a more a mature and disciplined Vick, god knows where the franchise would be today. 

9 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Agree with the sentiment of your post, but what kinda autocorrect was this? I'm a little lost

Autocorrect not on...just poor grammer. Hangers on.... leaches.

14 hours ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

14 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Idk he didn't elude the police very well.

14 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Don't see why the thread would be locked.

Vick is the most recognized and controversial former Falcon in history of the franchise.

People on this board and the entire Falcons fanbase in general should have reeled in their emotions for him by now. Good or bad.

13 hours ago, Born Again Georgian said:

Honestly, the feelings for me are the “what could have been”.  Dude was talented like no other.  But I haven’t harbored ill will towards him since after ‘07.  He did his time, we moved on, he moved on.  I appreciate everything he was to this city and franchise.  I still get hyped seeing the old highlights.

Vick's speed and elusiveness were pretty amazing.

I hear he trained to be that way by chasing dogs down...

22 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

Not to mention the most violent dogfighter in the history of the NFL as well.  

That's not what got Vick into the most trouble.... it was the RICO violations, interstate gambling and actually sponsoring the dogfights, that put Vick in prison.

Associating with known illegal betting and associating with known criminal gamblers should have got Vick kicked out of the NFL forever.  It is surprising the NFL reinstated Vick so he could play again.

A very interesting debate would be.... should Vick be in the ROH?

As a dog lover, anyone that still bashes on Vick needs to get over themselves.

He went to prison, did his time, repaid all his debts even though he didn't have to, has been an advocate since his release and has come out of the other side a better human being. 

Man, Michael Vick is probably the most benefited athlete from a highlight reel. Lol. This video makes him look like one of the greatest players in NFL history. During his time here, this was the narrative with Vick…he would suck for about 90 minutes. Overthrow receivers, fumble the ball, etc. It would be the start of the 3rd quarter and his stat line would be like 3-12 for 34 yards. We would get frustrated. Then he would all of a sudden bust out a 50 yard run while making 3 defenders miss while evading a pass rusher bearing down on him and we would cheer in amazement. Watching Vick felt like I was bi-polar 

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Man, Michael Vick is probably the most benefited athlete from a highlight reel. Lol. This video makes him look like one of the greatest players in NFL history. During his time here, this was the narrative with Vick…he would suck for about 90 minutes. Overthrow receivers, fumble the ball, etc. It would be the start of the 3rd quarter and his stat line would be like 3-12 for 34 yards. We would get frustrated. Then he would all of a sudden bust out a 50 yard run while making 3 defenders miss while evading a pass rusher bearing down on him and we would cheer in amazement. Watching Vick felt like I was bi-polar 

The main thing I hated about his QB play was he would have a bad game then play excellent as a passer only to shush the media then go right back to mediocre the next week. I know, I've said a million times how I hate scramblers. I just really wish Atlanta had the mature Vick who played for Philly. 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

The main thing I hated about his QB play was he would have a bad game then play excellent as a passer only to shush the media then go right back to mediocre the next week. I know, I've said a million times how I hate scramblers. I just really wish Atlanta had the mature Vick who played for Philly. 

A lot of the Vick monster in ATL wasn’t even him, it was the media and the fans. In the video, you here a commentator say “you’ve just seen Michael Jordan of the NFL” like come on….that’s ridiculous. Vick’s 2 most famous games (as a falcon) are either the Green Bay upset or the Vikings game where ran for 173. In both games, he actually was pretty bad. In the Vikings game, he was 11-28 for 173 yards, and had 3 turnovers. But because he had 3 or 4 amazing runs, everyone straight up ignored the bad stuff and compared him to Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan.

The Green Bay upset wasn’t as bad its just that he gets all the credit for it when in reality, we would have won that game with Doug Johnson. Vick passed for 117 yards and completed 52% of his throws. It was the defense and special teams who forced 5 turnovers, got 2 sacks, a blocked punt, and a touchdown themselves. Vick to his credit did have a couple nice runs, as usual, but he was far from the sole reason the Falcons won that game 

9 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

A lot of the Vick monster in ATL wasn’t even him, it was the media and the fans. In the video, you here a commentator say “you’ve just seen Michael Jordan of the NFL” like come on….that’s ridiculous. Vick’s 2 most famous games (as a falcon) are either the Green Bay upset or the Vikings game where ran for 173. In both games, he actually was pretty bad. In the Vikings game, he was 11-28 for 173 yards, and had 3 turnovers. But because he had 3 or 4 amazing runs, everyone straight up ignored the bad stuff and compared him to Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan.

The Green Bay upset wasn’t as bad its just that he gets all the credit for it when in reality, we would have won that game with Doug Johnson. Vick passed for 117 yards and completed 52% of his throws. It was the defense and special teams who forced 5 turnovers, got 2 sacks, a blocked punt, and a touchdown themselves. Vick to his credit did have a couple nice runs, as usual, but he was far from the sole reason the Falcons won that game 

Yeah the media and fan hype was unreal. Talk about stuck in the moment

An incredible quarterback, huge future but made a mistake in his personal life.  That is probably true of most of us.  He did his time so there is no reason to hold grudges against him now.  Life goes on.  I still enjoyed watching the video and was amazed when he ran a 4.7 forty during the spring.  Let him have a good life.

4 hours ago, egoprime II said:

A very interesting debate would be.... should Vick be in the ROH?

My thoughts are NO.  I think AB did the classy thing to welcome him back as we were closing the Georgia Dome, that was significant closure. T

The ROH raises his level of POSITIVE impact to the team to another level. 

There was positive impact, but it was outweighed and the negative weight set off a domino flow of doom that set the team back significantly.

As a Falcon fan who has learned to embrace the suck, a HUGE part of that suckage is the MV7 story. Honoring it just doesnt seem to generate the appearance of a winning or honorable tradition.

Its kinda like the confederate monuments, just cause stupid happened dont mean we gotta promote it.

Edited by RetroRoq
spelling

That was an exciting time to be a Falcons fan. Sadly, it did not amount to much playoff success (only three winning seasons), and the last two years that Vick was here were actually disappointing; he was fun to watch though.