Get in here before this thread gets locked!!

9 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Idk he didn't elude the police very well.

No he didn't... didn't even try really. Didn't leave behind the people he should have when he made it big. Still remember reading that in the newspaper when it happened. My friends and I sat around the room petrified at what was about to follow

11 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Don't see why the thread would be locked.

Vick is the most recognized and controversial former Falcon in history of the franchise.

People on this board and the entire Falcons fanbase in general should have reeled in their emotions for him by now. Good or bad.

tenor.gif

18 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Vick is the most recognized and controversial former Falcon in history of the franchise.

People on this board and the entire Falcons fanbase in general should have reeled in their emotions for him by now. Good or bad.

You would think so. 

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yeah

But sadly, that's not the case lol.

Honestly, the feelings for me are the “what could have been”.  Dude was talented like no other.  But I haven’t harbored ill will towards him since after ‘07.  He did his time, we moved on, he moved on.  I appreciate everything he was to this city and franchise.  I still get hyped seeing the old highlights.

35 minutes ago, Born Again Georgian said:

Honestly, the feelings for me are the “what could have been”.  Dude was talented like no other.  But I haven’t harbored ill will towards him since after ‘07.  He did his time, we moved on, he moved on.  I appreciate everything he was to this city and franchise.  I still get hyped seeing the old highlights.

Same

12 minutes ago, Williamb said:

I loved watching him play (especially in person). Sad that a lot of these guys drag the hanger onner posses with them though. Worry about your mama, maybe your brothers and sisters, but everybody else needs to take a seat way back in the far reaches of the train.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

43 minutes ago, Born Again Georgian said:

I remember back in those days, playing in our college scholarship golf tournament at Sugarloaf CC (Legends). From what I was told, we were watching some of Michael's belongings being taken out of the house and hauled off that day. No pleasure at all, stuck with me for quite a while. Hope he's doing well these days! Loved watching him!

Those were exciting times. Amazing stuff in that video.

It just saddens me thinking what could have been for my Falcons.

My uncle is a Steelers fan and after the 2002 playoffs he was ribbing me saying “How’s that RB you have at QB doing?” He lured me into a $150 wager that we’d win 2 Super Bowls before they’d win another one. That seemed a reasonable bet at the time. 

Well, of course they won 2 Super Bowls years before we even got back to one. I still feel like Vick shoulda paid that bet for me. It’s like he never really TRIED when he was here. He coasted.

Whatever. Long time gone now. I love the Madden line at the end “the kid who was never IT in tag”. That was hilarious.

2 hours ago, Foo Falcons said:

No he didn't... didn't even try really. Didn't leave behind the people he should have when he made it big. Still remember reading that in the newspaper when it happened. My friends and I sat around the room petrified at what was about to follow

I remember exactly where I was when I heard about it.  I was sitting in my car about to go into Home Depot when something about it came on the news.  I knew it was bad but I remember thinking that we weren't hearing the whole story and maybe it was blown out of proportion or something.  I didn't dream at the time that he would not play another down as a Falcon. 😔

8 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

He was hoping for aggressive remarks about Vick. 

8 hours ago, Williamb said:

I loved watching him play (especially in person). Sad that a lot of these guys drag the hanger onner posses with them though. Worry about your mama, maybe your brothers and sisters, but everybody else needs to take a seat way back in the far reaches of the train.

You can help people out once you make. Thing you should do is not break the and go to prison. He financed it I thought and it was on his property. He may well have been the bad influence.