Would you rather??

Head coach over OC, every time. You prove your mettle as a coach through adversity, not by having a perfect situation. Besides, a team with a seemingly stacked roster probably isn't in the market for a coach to begin with. Coach Smith still has it better than 9 out of 10 new coaches from an organization and personnel standpoint.

9 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

HC in a no contest.

Its the top of the food chain.

HC. Why?  Because Atlanta has a QB that's proven he can throw to anyone and make them 1000+ yard receiver and having Pitts who will prove to be a bigger threat than a part-time once dominate WR. 

8 hours ago, Slumerican said:

Its not all like that man, think of it as we're all tight sitting around grilling and just bs'ing about it.. Nothing so serious to get upset about 

Sorry wasn’t calling you a loser for posting this topic, didn’t realize it could come off that way until re-reading it.

What I meant was if someone finally reached the pinnacle of NFL coaching, and began having an internal debate whether they would have been better off in their old position because of a talent influx, they’re already a loser. 

On 6/19/2021 at 2:46 PM, Slumerican said:

What do you think his offense would look like with Henry, Brown and Julio?? You believe he could have went deeper in the playoffs? 

screw the Titans. As a falcon fan, I’d be remiss not wondering what Arthur and Julio could have done together here with Davis/Ridley/Pitts/Ryan et al. 

On 6/19/2021 at 1:23 PM, Slumerican said:

I dont believe they are either, especially on defense.. Im not trying to compare the 2 jobs as if he has any regrets.. Im saying if Smith was never considered for the Falcons hc job vs coaching the Falcons what would give him the most excitement.. Definitely not saying he has any remorse and wanted to go back

Why would he have any regrets? He took the Falcons job knowing that Julio Jones would never play for him. It's why the Falcons didn't even consider taking a QB in the draft. The focus the whole time was finding the right replacement for Julio's production and that is why Kyle Pitts was the pick.

On 6/21/2021 at 2:58 PM, AUTiger7222 said:

Why would he have any regrets? He took the Falcons job knowing that Julio Jones would never play for him. It's why the Falcons didn't even consider taking a QB in the draft. The focus the whole time was finding the right replacement for Julio's production and that is why Kyle Pitts was the pick.

Slum, you gonna reply to this? I asked a valid question here.

On 6/19/2021 at 2:05 PM, Slumerican said:

Bare with me, because this is Falcons related and im definitely interested in everyones opinion.. I know this is just hypothetical, but see no harm in hearing everyones reason why/why not they would prefer one over the other 

So if you are Author Smith, would you rather be the head coach of the Atlanta Falcons right now.. Or would you rather still be the OC of the Titans and have Henry, Julio and Brown as your weapons.. Please explain why if you're AS you'd prefer one over the other 

At any given time there are only 32 NFL head coaches in the world and only a limited number of those positions come open every year. If my ultimate goal is to become a head coach I'm going to take that position every single time.  If the one happens to be where an owner may talk a little too much but he puts his money where his mouth is amd doesn't really cross the line all that much versus what other head coachs have to deal with........every single time I'd do it.

On 6/19/2021 at 3:58 PM, Slumerican said:

"I think your rite" ... Fixed it for you 

No you didn’t. You ruined his perfectly good pun because you’ve yet to realize that in the OP you said Author, as in someone who writes books, instead of Arthur, the name of both our head coach and our owner. Which is why the NY Times Best Seller comment probably also went over your head.

On 6/19/2021 at 2:05 PM, Slumerican said:

Bare with me, because this is Falcons related and im definitely interested in everyones opinion.. I know this is just hypothetical, but see no harm in hearing everyones reason why/why not they would prefer one over the other 

So if you are Author Smith, would you rather be the head coach of the Atlanta Falcons right now.. Or would you rather still be the OC of the Titans and have Henry, Julio and Brown as your weapons.. Please explain why if you're AS you'd prefer one over the other 

The answer to this was made by the person you’re referring too, Arthur Smith. He’s the head coach. 

39 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

The answer to this was made by the person you’re referring too, Arthur Smith. He’s the head coach. 

Not really, I was asking something completely different. Was asking if Julio was a titan along with Brown and Henry.. Would he prefer to be oc of that team and see what kind of run they could have made.. Or being the head coach of the Falcons was more appealing. Its not what you have in mind exactly 

On 6/19/2021 at 2:23 PM, Slumerican said:

I dont believe they are either, especially on defense.. Im not trying to compare the 2 jobs as if he has any regrets.. Im saying if Smith was never considered for the Falcons hc job vs coaching the Falcons what would give him the most excitement.. Definitely not saying he has any remorse and wanted to go back

Uh, AS, "I think I'll stay with the Titans because the Falcons might trade Julio to us."  Yes, this seems hyper unlikely thinking he was looking for career advancement as any hard working normal human being might be thinking. 

8 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Uh, AS, "I think I'll stay with the Titans because the Falcons might trade Julio to us."  Yes, this seems hyper unlikely thinking he was looking for career advancement as any hard working normal human being might be thinking. 

The funny thing is he completely ignored my question to him. Arthur Smith took the job knowing that Julio would never play a down for him. They have the same agent so yes Smith knew what he was getting into. So why would their be any regret?

I think he’d rather be falcons head coach because technically he’s the one that got brown and Henry where they are AND he put Julio in Tennessee. He had the option to work with Julio and he decided to trade him, no matter the circumstances. 

He’s taken on a team in need of changes this and the coming years, but it’s a little more solid than TEN because he’ll get to choose the team’s direction as well as lead the offensive every week without someone questioning his playcalling. 

Brown will be an all star and Henry is a BEAST, but whose to say they don’t take a step back with Smith no longer being there. It happened with us when Shanahan left, at least for one year and we had the near EXACT same roster. 

I think he chooses being here because not only does he get to manipulate this team to his vision, he gets to choose where this team is headed and the roster is capable of being just as potent as Titans in 2021.