**** the Saints.

17 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

I will say this.

Despite be saints fans , some of the nicest people that I have ever met were from NOLA.

I remember when I first moved to the gulf coast In 2005 right after Katrina . It was incredibly depressing but the people were still very nice......most of them.

So there is that.

I would agree with this.  I lived in New Orleans for almost 6 years.  My wife even worked for the Saints team doctor for a while.  The culture was different from what I was used to but the people were great for the most part.

Loved the food but the best part of the city was seeing it in the rearview mirror.  

As others have said, New Orleans is a ****hole. And that is said with no football bias. I was there for 4 or 5 days for work, so I only had to entertain myself in the nightlife, and I was still ready to go home and never return by the end of it. That was traveling with 15 other folks too.

the beat parts were the food and the Uber driver being a proud Saints fan, who I immediately let know I was a die hard Falcons fan. This was 2-3 years ago so at least we were relevant then lol.

On 6/17/2021 at 3:41 PM, RetroRoq said:

The city has actually done studies to try and figure out what the smell is.  Turns out, its actually grease fat in the plumbing.  I guess some time ago, somebody sold a bunch of faulty grease traps to the restaurant population and for years instead of trapping the fat and disposing it properly, it was just creating a lining on the pipes underground.

Thats why its especially pungent when its warmer outside and sometimes New Orleans can get pretty **** hot.

https://www.nola.com/news/politics/article_c5dad196-9d9f-505f-a9c6-ed4c924eec2c.html

Oh my!! That's disgusting!!

1f92e.png

All you need to know about Atlanta and New Orleans:

Fortune 500 Companies Headquartered in Atlanta:
* Home Depot   (29)
* United Parcel Service   (43)
* Coca-Cola   (72)
* Delta Air Lines   (84)
* Coca-Cola Enterprises   (113)
* Southern Company   (145)
* SunTrust Banks   (224)
* Genuine Parts   (236)
* First Data   (250)
* AGCO   (337)
* Newell Rubbermaid   (373)
* NCR   (451)

Fortune 500 Companies Headquartered in New Orleans:
* Entergy   (219)

12 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

So you just assume I'll freak out over profanity? Pretty sure I'm the last person you have to worry about on that one but good to know

Not you personally....but it would not be message board appropriate :)

On 6/17/2021 at 3:41 PM, RetroRoq said:

The city has actually done studies to try and figure out what the smell is.  Turns out, its actually grease fat in the plumbing.  I guess some time ago, somebody sold a bunch of faulty grease traps to the restaurant population and for years instead of trapping the fat and disposing it properly, it was just creating a lining on the pipes underground.

Thats why its especially pungent when its warmer outside and sometimes New Orleans can get pretty **** hot.

https://www.nola.com/news/politics/article_c5dad196-9d9f-505f-a9c6-ed4c924eec2c.html

About 2 years ago they replaced all the drain lines on bourbon street and re-bricked the roads. That helped a whole lot. 
But it didn’t get rid of all the smell. 

13 hours ago, Falcon Freddie said:

All you need to know about Atlanta and New Orleans:

Fortune 500 Companies Headquartered in Atlanta:
* Home Depot   (29)
* United Parcel Service   (43)
* Coca-Cola   (72)
* Delta Air Lines   (84)
* Coca-Cola Enterprises   (113)
* Southern Company   (145)
* SunTrust Banks   (224)
* Genuine Parts   (236)
* First Data   (250)
* AGCO   (337)
* Newell Rubbermaid   (373)
* NCR   (451)

Fortune 500 Companies Headquartered in New Orleans:
* Entergy   (219)

That's right...and that doesn't include TV or movie studios....

Atlanta is Hollywood South