Rookie signings today?

5 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

Agreed the whole first rounders holding out and getting record deals before playing a professional down was absurdly terrible. Wage scale is an awesome change.

It's all **** near a formality now.  They roll in, they sign, and get to work.  Remember Mandarich and all of them holding out up until the start of the season?  

17 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

We would've been able to field a monster team if MR2 came out after that started

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story?id=3363691&src=desktop

Talk about blast from the past.

Had Ryan been on the rookie scale then I am sure that we could have signed a few of those guys who went to other teams.

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story?id=3363691&src=desktop

Talk about blast from the past.

Had Ryan been on the rookie scale then I am sure that we could have signed a few of those guys who went to other teams.

Basically, that's how the Seahawks and Chiefs made dominating teams with their successful qbs on rookie pay scale with stacked teams around them

9 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Basically, that's how the Seahawks and Chiefs made dominating teams with their successful qbs on rookie pay scale with stacked teams around them

Yup.

Ryan has had to be paid since the word go.

That is why I think TD gets a bad rap when it comes to managing the cap.

He did not have the luxury is having a cheap rookie QB.

He had to give Ryan a 70+ million dollar deal before he ever stepped foot on an NFL field.

It took a world wide global pandemic to really put the falcons in serious cap issues.