Falcons expected to set up a visit with Hooker

Due to money restrictions we do not have a lot of options.  FWIW this will let us see how  creative our new coaching staff is.  Do more with less.

Crying we cannot play well without Julio is not productive.  Julio was good but he did not translate into many touchdowns.  I am reserving my opinions until we start preseason.  I am really interested in our running game. 

Defensively we just got to get the Oline on the field.  I do really really really really think we can do better than 4-12/13 or even 7-9/10 without the great aholeio Julio.  He is history.... maybe his time as a Falcon will be what we refer to as our losing  period.  Think about it.  We got rid of an expensive player that thought the Falcons are losers... atl all time losers.  So how could he possibly really contribute to a winning team.

The guy did not even give the new staff a chance.

I rather have the team we are building.

Most folks that know me know I have said first qthing that needed fixing was the running game and the CAP.  The Cap is being addressed.   Davis just might work for this seasons running game.

The team is looking much better than Quinn and TD'S mess.

Edited by Realsurfin

8 hours ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

The last time a Falcon set up a meeting with a hooker it didn't turn out too well.

I highly doubt 1998 was the last time that sort of thing took place, but it was certainly the most memorable.

2 hours ago, Realsurfin said:

Due to money restrictions we do not have a lot of options.  FWIW this will let us see how  creative our new coaching staff is.  Do more with less.

Crying we cannot play well without Julio is not productive.  Julio was good but he did not translate into many touchdowns.  I am reserving my opinions until we start preseason.  I am really interested in our running game. 

Defensively we just got to get the Oline on the field.  I do really really really really think we can do better than 4-12/13 or even 7-9/10 without the great aholeio Julio.  He is history.... maybe his time as a Falcon will be what we refer to as our losing  period.  Think about it.  We got rid of an expensive player that thought the Falcons are losers... atl all time losers.  So how could he possibly really contribute to a winning team.

The guy did not even give the new staff a chance.

I rather have the team we are building.

Most folks that know me know I have said first qthing that needed fixing was the running game and the CAP.  The Cap is being addressed.   Davis just might work for this seasons running game.

The team is looking much better than Quinn and TD'S mess.

Same guy carried the team to the SB aswell oh how quickly everyone forgets.

The whole division exhaled when Julio was traded.

1 hour ago, kschreck said:

Agreed, between the physical recovery and the mental one, it's a huge setback for a player.

The mental aspect is very over looked.  Some players can bounce back from injury, but most have to overcome the mental aspect.  That is a bruise that takes years to heal if at all.

On 6/14/2021 at 11:20 AM, Dirtybird3 said:

15 mil in cap and we looking at oft injured players? We need cbs and wrs, and I still think we need a rb. But go off TF 

I partially agree --- we DO NOT need an oft-injured player....especially achilles! 
But, we could use another CB or two.  IMO, we're good on WRs, though.

41 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

I partially agree --- we DO NOT need an oft-injured player....especially achilles! 
But, we could use another CB or two.  IMO, we're good on WRs, though.

While I do think gage is a good receiver, he's not pulling any coverage his way, sharpe either. Hopefully the unicorn lives up to the expectations but without 11, it'll be much easier to contain the passing game. But we shall see

On 6/14/2021 at 10:01 AM, Godzilla1985 said:

Seems like we’re really investing in our secondary this year.  Wish we’d look at some edge guys too before it’s all done.  

I think the idea is our pass rush looked horrible because we couldn't cover anyone. Pass rush and DBs work hand and hand. Good DBs give pass rush the extra second or 2 which could give you that sack or force QB off his spot.

3 minutes ago, 215FalconsFanatic said:

I think the idea is our pass rush looked horrible because we couldn't cover anyone. Pass rush and DBs work hand and hand. Good DBs give pass rush the extra second or 2 which could give you that sack or force QB off his spot.

Thank you!!! Finally someone with some brains. The Falcons pass rush was actually really good last year but they couldn't turn that pressure into sacks. The Steelers led the NFL in sacks but look at their pass rushing numbers compared to the Falcons and tell me the Falcons pass rush is horrible.

• Sacks - Steelers 56 (1st) - Falcons 29 (T-23rd)
  • Pressures - Steelers 213 (1st) - Falcons 161 (10th)
  • Hurries - Steelers 77 (2nd) - Falcons 71 (5th)
  • QB Hits - Steelers 80 (1st) - Falcons 61 (9th)

You see, the Falcons aren't that far off from having an elite pass rushing team and in turn an elite defense. A little better coverage on the back end forcing QBs hold onto the ball another second or two and bang, those pressure start turning into sacks and ending drives.

On 6/14/2021 at 3:33 PM, Herr Doktor said:

More than likely.  There isn't much out there.  Fontenot has to be looking at current rosters and trying to make educated guesses at who may be cut and then bounce that off what is available.  Worst case, we don't waste any money on has-beens.  Maybe we luck out with a solid edge rusher in cuts. 

It’ll be the first one lol