Falcons expected to set up a visit with Hooker

2 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

We will have less than 10m after we sign our draft picks and it's not like you have the choice of premium players this late in FA.

It's more less the position, I know it's not premium options atp of the off season, but we just lost our best offensive weapon, don't have a solid #2 corner, pass rush is relying on P working magic. Why another safety 

2 hours ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

We pay him vet minimum, he balls out and has a fantastic season, prices himself out of our budget, boom, comp pick.

Far fetched I know, but it could happen

Sure lol, not impossible 

36 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

We have no where near all that 15 million for free agents. I thought we had like 6-7 in cap space after paying our rookies, but I could be mistaken.

I could be too I just went to over the cap. But regardless the amount, I think it would be better used on a position not safety is my point here 

1 hour ago, PointSwayzee said:

We have no where near all that 15 million for free agents. I thought we had like 6-7 in cap space after paying our rookies, but I could be mistaken.

8.4 if I'm not mistaken.

I usually lean towards signing talented guys who have had trouble staying healthy. I like that kind of gamble. As long as you don’t try to fill too many spots with them obviously lol. May view it differently over the next 10 years watching football but that’s how I feel rn 

28 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I seriously doubt they've ruled that out if the price is right on somebody they have their eye on.

More than likely.  There isn't much out there.  Fontenot has to be looking at current rosters and trying to make educated guesses at who may be cut and then bounce that off what is available.  Worst case, we don't waste any money on has-beens.  Maybe we luck out with a solid edge rusher in cuts. 

Just now, Herr Doktor said:

More than likely.  There isn't much out there.  Fontenot has to be looking at current rosters and trying to make educated guesses at who may be cut and then bounce that off what is available.  Worst case, we don't waste any money on has-beens.  Maybe we luck out with a solid edge rusher in cuts. 

My thoughts as well. And TF is just the man to dig up a premium edge guy at the low-low price.

LOVED him coming out of college. When he’s been on the field - he’s made some awesome plays. Saw him in person at the Falcons-Colts game in Indy in 2019, and was impressed seeing him in person.

The downside? Dude stays injured as all get out. Almost like a Jason Verrett situation. Awesome players when healthy yet often injured. 

3 hours ago, Dirtybird3 said:

It's more less the position, I know it's not premium options atp of the off season, but we just lost our best offensive weapon, don't have a solid #2 corner, pass rush is relying on P working magic. Why another safety 

Sure lol, not impossible 

I could be too I just went to over the cap. But regardless the amount, I think it would be better used on a position not safety is my point here 

Can't say I disagree.

That pass rush looks, well looks like it did last year. Completely unable to win a 1-on-1 (sans Jarret from the interior), and have to blitz to generate pressure. I hear that our DC is a God though, so we are good. Last time I heard that proclamation it was Mike Nolan...and that turned out good for exactly 1 year.