Falcons expected to set up a visit with Hooker

5 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

We pay him vet minimum, he balls out and has a fantastic season, prices himself out of our budget, boom, comp pick.

Far fetched I know, but it could happen

That would be great either way.

He has never played all 16 games in a season so far out of the 4 seasons he's been in the NFL I think.

Hooker is very talented, no doubt, but dude can't stay on the field.   I think he is well worth taking a flyer on though... especially if it is a cheap deal and we're not relying on him to be a starter.  Sign him to vet minimum with incentives built in for playing time and production.  Could be a very low risk, potentially very high reward signing.   

If he gets hurt again, we aren't out much... but if he can finally stay healthy we have a very high ceiling guy on the cheap.  

2 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Makes you feel any better I didn't know that either.

I think what threw me was he is still showing up on Over The Cap as one of our Free Agents. Oh well. At the end of the day he's a JAG, but he was our JAG dang it.

2 hours ago, Dirtybird3 said:

15 mil in cap and we looking at oft injured players? We need cbs and wrs, and I still think we need a rb. But go off TF 

We have no where near all that 15 million for free agents. I thought we had like 6-7 in cap space after paying our rookies, but I could be mistaken.

One thing that is pretty similar between Quinn and Pees is that both like to keep things pretty simple at the safety level. The ability to play zone/eyes forward and speed to keep a lip over the top are the two primary traits you need. The ability to ball hawk/anticipate is a big bonus. Pees will blitz more, but other than that both schemes are pretty vanilla on the back end. Most of Pees "multiple" looks involve the front seven. Therefore, I think good zone cover guys with speed can work on the back of this defense regardless of the position they usually play. In other words, there may be obtainable options that shake loose during TC that we are not considering because they don't have a "S" associated with them on their current depth charts.