Red Sox @ Braves

Unknøwn

23 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Better question would be does anyone want to be the closer? Seems everyone given the opportunity, doesn’t perform. Well, except everyone’s favorite punching bag, Luke.

I want Luke Jackson to get another shot. He saved the Braves *** in 2019 when no one else wanted to do the job and he finally figured out how to attack hitters with his fastball consistently and it's turned him into an elite reliever. Walks had always been his bug-a-boo but he has stopped walking people this year and it's made him into a different guy. That goes back to pitching off his fastball instead of his slider.

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

I want Luke Jackson to get another shot. He saved the Braves *** in 2019 when no one else wanted to do the job and he finally figured out how to attack hitters with his fastball consistently and it's turned him into an elite reliever. Walks had always been his bug-a-boo but he has stopped walking people this year and it's made him into a different guy. That goes back to pitching off his fastball instead of his slider.

Someone needs to TAKE it. Of course, they also need to be given the opportunity to. We will see what happens. 

10 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The biggest difference he can make is canning Rick Kranitz and if Brian Snitker doesn't have the balls to do that then he should kick Kranitz to the curb.

Let's not forget Marty Reed isn't here anymore. AA fired him as bullpen coach to hire an analytical guy with not a lot of experience 

9 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Let's not forget Marty Reed isn't here anymore. AA fired him as bullpen coach to hire an analytical guy with not a lot of experience 

Well his data sucks... What ****ty *** spreadsheets is he using if they say "pitch AJ Minter every day"

this has me irrationally angry. Yeah it wasn’t the smartest move, but maybe don’t let a guy make his big league debut in that situation and then stop using Minter in jams. 

When Swanson got thrown out trying to steal third a while back, Snit had some like “well guys just want to win” response. Then when the team’s best player does it, this is the response. Does the clubhouse just not like Acuña? That’s the only reason I can think of why he would say this. But that doesn’t even make sense just looking at the body language of everyone else.

Snitker is not a leader. This dude is a below average manager and it’s looking like just a jerk. You have got to get rid of him ASAP

I'm starting to side with the folks that think Brian Snitker hates Ronald Acuna. There's just no explanation for this response when Dansby made a stupid move and Snitker's reaction was the complete opposite. I'm very very angry that anyone would continue to defend this man.

7 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I'm starting to side with the folks that think Brian Snitker hates Ronald Acuna. There's just no explanation for this response when Dansby made a stupid move and Snitker's reaction was the complete opposite. I'm very very angry that anyone would continue to defend this man.

Acuña did it in a game we were losing and Dansby did it in a tie game I think? Even stupider to do it in a tie game if you ask me. 

I haven’t been on the fire AA train, but I’m starting to get there too 

13 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Acuña did it in a game we were losing and Dansby did it in a tie game I think? Even stupider to do it in a tie game if you ask me. 

I haven’t been on the fire AA train, but I’m starting to get there too 

If I am not mistaken the Braves were having a hard time scoring runs when Dansby did his thing.

So the situations were different, especially with one being in the 8th inning and the other being in the bottom of the 9th.

Neither were particularly smart if you ask me....but both guys were trying to help the Braves win 

25 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Clearly a racist

14 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

If I am not mistaken the Braves were having a hard time scoring runs when Dansby did his thing.

So the situations were different, especially with one being in the 8th inning and the other being in the bottom of the 9th.

Neither were particularly smart if you ask me....but both guys were trying to help the Braves win 

Both were stupid moves. But Snitker's reaction to Acuna is to call him out publicly and to over up Dansby's. That's the problem here. Especially since it's not the first time he's publicly called out Acuna but he's never done it with any other player. Add in all the times Acuna has been drilled and the Braves don't defend him on the field and it reeks of a situation where Snitker just doesn't like Acuna.

44 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Both were for sure and we could split hairs over which was “dumber.” You make valid points but it’s all an opinion game. 

The biggest issues (and I think everyone can agree) is how Snit reacted. Acuña has had his share of “dope” moments but Snit was weird last night. When Minter blew it (again) he shrugged it off for example. That’s not even on Minter fully because he keeps being put in these situations. A few press conferences that kind of gave me weird vibes: 

When he tried to bat lefty and Snit was clearly not happy about it. Sure it wasn’t smart, but it was a kid trying to have fun. He meant no harm by it. In the press conference, Snit said something about his “grandkids through college” and everyone laughed. But his demeanor during that was odd… almost like he was annoyed Acuña would even try that. 

Another time (I can’t remember the game) someone asked about Acuña and he just brushed it off and immediately started talking about Riley. At the time it gave me an odd vibe but I brushed it off as me thinking too much. 

I may be WAY off (could be my dislike for Snit), but there have been too many odd instances of Acuña not getting the same praise from Snit as I feel he should. 

But for real, I always enjoy hearing your opinion lol. It’s always very well thought out even when I don’t agree. I think as a whole we do a good job of that on TATB

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Snit doesn’t like that Acuna showboats and has a little fun. Glad you’re coming around. I hope he is fired. I don’t think Snit actually dislikes Acuna. Just doesn’t like his showboating ways

15 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Snit doesn’t like that Acuna showboats and has a little fun. Glad you’re coming around. I hope he is fired. I don’t think Snit actually dislikes Acuna. Just doesn’t like his showboating ways

This is probably right, but fans and other younger players love it. The kid is having fun and I’m glad he is. 

5 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

If the Braves don't want their own Julio Jones situation with Acuna where he demands a trade they better do the right thing and can Snitker. This cannot play out the same way the Julio deal did for the Falcons.

A big difference is that the Falcons didn’t have anyone behaving like Snit publicly is towards Acuña. Unless there is something going on behind the scenes we don’t know of, that was uncalled for. If Snit was any kind of leader he would apologize to the team for that nonsense and publicly apologize as well. He brought this public so now it’s our business 

9 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

A big difference is that the Falcons didn’t have anyone behaving like Snit publicly is towards Acuña. Unless there is something going on behind the scenes we don’t know of, that was uncalled for. If Snit was any kind of leader he would apologize to the team for that nonsense and publicly apologize as well. He brought this public so now it’s our business 

We don't know what happened behind the scenes with the Julio situation that made him unhappy and want out. Could you imagine how much worse it would have been had Julio been called out publicly multiple times like Acuna has?

I can see why people do not like Snits take on it.....but I can see why he made those takes too.

Again they were different situations so the response should be different.

Don't like that he called it stupid....even though it kinda was.

It could have been handled better but I think part of that is just the frustration.

FWIW, I would like see another manager for the Braves but I am not going to second guess everything that he does.

Going back to pulling Matzek last night....when he has struggled it has typically been when he went out for a second inning after sitting.

Had he gone back out there and he walked a guy or 2 ( which has been a bugaboo for him all year especially in that second inning of work) then the Braves would have had to put a reliever into the situation that they ended up being in.....and then the complaint would have been that Greene/Minter/ who ever should have come in with a clean inning and he should know that Matzek was only good for one inning. so he is in a no win situation.

This is a big test on Snitker. Things aren't going well and everyone is frustrated. Its the first time hes dealt with this since he became the full time guy. How does he handle it? Can he keep everyone focused and loose? Its a big test for him. 

29 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I can see why people do not like Snits take on it.....but I can see why he made those takes too.

Again they were different situations so the response should be different.

Don't like that he called it stupid....even though it kinda was.

It could have been handled better but I think part of that is just the frustration.

FWIW, I would like see another manager for the Braves but I am not going to second guess everything that he does.

Going back to pulling Matzek last night....when he has struggled it has typically been when he went out for a second inning after sitting.

Had he gone back out there and he walked a guy or 2 ( which has been a bugaboo for him all year especially in that second inning of work) then the Braves would have had to put a reliever into the situation that they ended up being in.....and then the complaint would have been that Greene/Minter/ who ever should have come in with a clean inning and he should know that Matzek was only good for one inning. so he is in a no win situation.

If this had been the first time he had ever publicly called out Acuna then maybe I could overlook it and say he just had a bad moment. But the fact that's not the first time and yet he's never publicly called out any other player in his 4 years as manager leads me to think about it differently.

54 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

This is a big test on Snitker. Things aren't going well and everyone is frustrated. Its the first time hes dealt with this since he became the full time guy. How does he handle it? Can he keep everyone focused and loose? Its a big test for him. 

It’s really a bad look with the Dansby and Acuña quotes. We don’t know if something is happening behind the scenes, but stuff like that is how you lose the locker room. 

I don’t think there is that kind of issue when you here people like Panda talk about the culture of the players. 

I hope for the Braves sake it gets it figured out. Not gonna pull against the Braves because I dislike him that much