Red Sox @ Braves

Unknøwn

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

No. Think I’m throwing AA under the bus for Snit?!

I think they all need to go. None of them are the answer. AA cause he refuses to make moves needed to field a competitive team and Snitker because he's not good enough and because he doesn't have the balls to identify a major flaw in his coaching staff (Rick Kranitz) and kick him to the curb.

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

Hawks won! 

If only I gave a **** about the NBA. Good for the Hawks though, but it does nothing for me. More proof that a midseason change can do wonders for a franchise during a floundering season.

Hopefully the Hawks keep the new guy as HC. I saw where they still haven't made it official which is ridiculous.

Hopefully we can say the same about Arthur Smith and the Falcons. At least I have hope with them. Brian Snitker has killed all my hope for the Braves.

3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

If only I gave a **** about the NBA. Good for the Hawks though, but it does nothing for me. More proof that a midseason change can do wonders for a franchise during a floundering season.

Hopefully the Hawks keep the new guy as HC. I saw where they still haven't made it official which is ridiculous.

Hopefully we can say the same about Arthur Smith and the Falcons. At least I have hope with them. Brian Snitker has killed all my hope for the Braves.

Wouldn’t kill me to see Wash take over. As far as AA, we must know what Liberty is allowing him to do before we judge his “want to.”

Nate isn’t going anywhere. He knows that, they know that, we know that. It doesn’t need to be announced. Focus on the playoffs, nothing else. 

Falcons.. so far so good. Great draft. 

As for the Braves, as you said, 97 games to go.

4 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Wouldn’t kill me to see Wash take over. As far as AA, we must know what Liberty is allowing him to do before we judge his “want to.”

Nate isn’t going anywhere. He knows that, they know that, we know that. It doesn’t need to be announced. Focus on the playoffs, nothing else. 

Falcons.. so far so good. Great draft. 

As for the Braves, as you said, 97 games to go.

Well it's certainly not a good look to admit that you didn't even make a contract offer to keep Mark Melancon around.

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

Well it's certainly not a good look to admit that you didn't even make a contract offer to keep Mark Melancon around.

I thought the word was he took a lower offer elsewhere 

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

What's more concerning is literally the ENTIRE staff except maybe Anderson has regressed. Kranitz feels like the Koetter of pitching coaches.

All the unsung guys that stepped up last year - Matzek, Minter, Greene... absolute garbage fire this year.

Fried doesn't look as sharp, Anderson not as sharp, Ynoa was a surprise ace-like starter and broke his own hand being stupid... it keeps going.

Our pitching sucks top to bottom, injuries or not.

2 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

What's more concerning is literally the ENTIRE staff except maybe Anderson has regressed. Kranitz feels like the Koetter of pitching coaches.

All the unsung guys that stepped up last year - Matzek, Minter, Greene... absolute garbage fire this year.

Fried doesn't look as sharp, Anderson not as sharp, Ynoa was a surprise ace-like starter and broke his own hand being stupid... it keeps going.

One weird thing is that Luke Jackson looks stellar this year........go figure!

19 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

That's the track record under Rick Kranitz everywhere he's been. Guys get worse under his watch. Happened in Miami, Baltimore and Milwaukee and now Atlanta.

21 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

I thought the word was he took a lower offer elsewhere 

It came out a couple days ago that the Braves never even made an offer to Melancon. At least that is what you get if you read between the lines.

Which supports what Jon Heyman said back in February, that Melancon took the lowest dollar amount from all the teams that offered him deals because he wanted to play for a contender.

24 minutes ago, dmite said:

Has to be demoralizing to the offense to get the lead and the bullpen gives it back the next inning. That just didn’t happen last year unless it was Luke Jackson. 

Very demoralizing. Scored 8 runs in each game and did it by erasing huge deficits and still lost both of them.

3 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

It came out a couple days ago that the Braves never even made an offer to Melancon. At least that is what you get if you read between the lines.

Which supports what Jon Heyman said back in February, that Melancon took the lowest dollar amount from all the teams that offered him deals because he wanted to play for a contender.

The contender comment makes no sense. So a team that is one game away (for three consecutive games) to a WS is not a contender? If he said that then there was no offer from us. 

2 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Very demoralizing. Scored 8 runs in each game and did it by erasing huge deficits and still lost both of them.

Remember the “Great Rebuild” we undertook using the Astros model of sucking for a while in order to get better? What we’ve gotten out of it is a 2019 LDS meltdown that the whole world saw, a 2020 LCS meltdown that the whole world saw, and now this. All those young core players we acquired during 2016-18 are now here or have passed through here already with few exceptions. We bragged about how pitching rich we were gonna be. And we chose this rag tag coaching staff to develop them. Pathetic 

The offense is finally coming into form. If AA doesn't do something about the pitching soon then the season will slip away. Its clear this bullpen cannot contend this season. You also need one more SP and a LF. AA cannot afford to wait until late July to make these moves. He needs to be aggressive on the market and get some arms in here or this team will be a sub .500 team this year. You don't even need to go get the big arm right now. Just go get someone thats at least steady for the moment. The time to act has to be now because its starting to crumble. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

If you clean up the blown leads from the pen, the Braves are 42-23. Theyve blown 12 games. 

Just out of curiousity...

Anybody still wanting Martin to be the closer?

Anybody?

Bueller?

Bueller....?

This bullpen might be worse than the one a few years ago with Sam Freeman, Ramirez and vizcaino... where snit used sam freeman how he used luke last year and minter/santana this year en route to instant three plus runs for the opponent.

2 hours ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Just out of curiousity...

Anybody still wanting Martin to be the closer?

Anybody?

Bueller?

Bueller....?

Better question would be does anyone want to be the closer? Seems everyone given the opportunity, doesn’t perform. Well, except everyone’s favorite punching bag, Luke.

9 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

The offense is finally coming into form. If AA doesn't do something about the pitching soon then the season will slip away. Its clear this bullpen cannot contend this season. You also need one more SP and a LF. AA cannot afford to wait until late July to make these moves. He needs to be aggressive on the market and get some arms in here or this team will be a sub .500 team this year. You don't even need to go get the big arm right now. Just go get someone thats at least steady for the moment. The time to act has to be now because its starting to crumble. 

The biggest difference he can make is canning Rick Kranitz and if Brian Snitker doesn't have the balls to do that then he should kick Kranitz to the curb.