Red Sox @ Braves

Unknøwn

11 minutes ago, vanhino said:

Makes no sense!

Now Snitker has been forced to go to another pitcher to hopefully get the 3rd out and not give up the lead all because he wanted to play manager and not let Matzek continue in the game after only 8 pitches. Thanks Snit!! I don't know why so many fans love your sorry ***!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I ******* TOLD YOU!!!! BRIAN SNITKER IS A ******* TERRIBLE MANAGER!!!! THE WORST ******* MANAGER IN BASEBALL!!!! ******* AT ME!!!! GUY IS A ******* WALKING DISASTER!! HEY *********** THAT BLOCKED ME EARLIER!!! WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE FOR THAT?

1 minute ago, Born Again Georgian said:

I’m glad I stuck with that game.  Hawks got something special going. 

After we got Bogdanovic and Gallinari, an ESPN writer cynically said that operation eight seed was underway in Atlanta, not that it mattered.

I wish I had bookmarked that article. I've thought about it a lot since McMillan became head coach. Along with Huerter, that's four lights out shooters plus Collins and Williams, who are natural scorers. It's a much better and deeper team than talking heads have realized yet.

If -- and I take nothing for granted -- we beat Philly once more, we'll be THE story. Even after the Knicks series, we somehow remained under the radar, though.

11 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Matzek is usually only good for 1 inning.

Almost every time he has melted down it is because he went back out  for a second inning.

So once again we just turn a blind eye to Brian Snitker and give him a complete pass. It's freaking amazing how people can do this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again!!!!

"It's not Brian Snitker's fault this guy sucks."

"Brian Snitker can only use the guy's he's given."

"Brian Snitker is such a great player's manager, that's why all the guys love it."

"Brian Snitker can't make the pitches for them."

"Brian Snitker looks like my grandpa, so I have a soft spot for him."

"Brian Snitker is a Bobby Cox clone, how could you love Bobby so much but hate Snitker so much?"

"Don't blame Brian Snitker, this is all on AA for not keeping Mark Melancon."

It just kills me!!!

6 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

So once again we just turn a blind eye to Brian Snitker and give him a complete pass. It's freaking amazing how people can do this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again!!!!

"Brian Snitker is such a great player's manager, that's why all the guys love it."

"Brian Snitker is a Bobby Cox clone, how could you love Bobby so much but hate Snitker so much?"

It just kills me!!!

He didn’t say any of that. He offered a different vantage point. That’s it.

4 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

It just kills me!!!

Regardless of how you feel....what I said was absolutely correct.

When Matzek has been lit up is after he had to back out after sitting for a while...that is when he has looked the worse.

You don't think Snit knows that?

5 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

He didn’t say any of that. He offered a different vantage point. That’s it.

5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Regardless of how you feel....what I said was absolutely correct.

When Matzek has been lit up is after he had to back out after sitting for a while...that is when he has looked the worse.

You don't think Snit knows that?

No, I don't think Snitker knows that because stuff like that doesn't occur to him.

This is the same guy who earlier this year in a game pulled Jacob Webb with 2 outs in an inning because a LHB was coming up despite LHB doing absolutely nothing against Webb in his career (at that point) and burned Newcomb for only 4 pitches and 1 out. Then he was forced to eventually use Josh Tomlin in a close game that the Braves ended up losing. There's many, many, many examples of Snitker making moves like that and people just turn a blind eye to it and put all the blame on the players. I've had enough of the excuses. At this point you either excuse everything he does and the manager is complete irrelevant to the outcome of baseball games or you realize that Snitker is a major reason the Braves suck and that it won't get better until we get a better manager. It's clear that you two believe in the former and I believe in the later. Different opinions for sure.

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

No, I don't think Snitker knows that because stuff like that doesn't occur to him.

This is the same guy who earlier this year in a game pulled Jacob Webb with 2 outs in an inning because a LHB was coming up despite LHB doing absolutely nothing against Webb in his career (at that point) and burned Newcomb for only 4 pitches and 1 out. Then he was forced to eventually use Josh Tomlin in a close game that the Braves ended up losing. There's many, many, many examples of Snitker making moves like that and people just turn a blind eye to it and put all the blame on the players. I've had enough of the excuses. At this point you either excuse everything he does and the manager is complete irrelevant to the outcome of baseball games or you realize that Snitker is a major reason the Braves suck and that it won't get better until we get a better manager. It's clear that you two believe in the former and I believe in the later. Different opinions for sure.

Yeah....I am sure that a professional baseball manager who has been in the game for longer than either of us have been alive on a professional team full of scouts and coaches could never have something like that .

7 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

“Blah blah I’m right, you’re wrong backhanded ending”

we’re certainly different, and I’m fine with it. 

go on though. Seems to help?

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

“Blah blah I’m right, you’re wrong backhanded ending”

we’re certainly different, and I’m fine with it. 

go on though. Seems to help?

Yeah, it is a backhanded comment because it's ridiculous to think that the manager doesn't make any impact on the outcome of baseball games but when all anyone wants to do is offer up excuses for the decisions that Brian Snitker makes that's exactly what you're doing. You're saying it doesn't matter what he does the outcome would have still been the same because the players didn't do their job. I completely disagree with that statement. If that's the case the Falcons should have kept Dan Quinn and just gotten better players.

I've watched baseball my whole life and I've seen some really good managers and some really bad ones when it comes to how to handle a bullpen. Dave Roberts for example is a TERRIBLE manager but the Dodgers have enough talent that they finally overcame his terrible bullpen management to win a World Series. But look at how many times they lost in the playoffs thanks to Roberts terrible bullpen management.

But on the other hand, Kevin Cash is an OUTSTANDING manager when it comes to handling a pitching staff. The Rays routinely get more out of pitchers than anyone else which is why they continue to just win despite one of the lowest payrolls in baseball and constant roster turnover.

I just want the Braves to win and they will not win with Brian Snitker unless he has a roster full of HOF players. Last year was as close as we'll ever get to winning with Snitker.

11 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Yeah....I am sure that a professional baseball manager who has been in the game for longer than either of us have been alive on a professional team full of scouts and coaches could never have something like that .

Way to ignore the rest of my post that I used as proof that Snitker doesn't look beyond basic stuff since it doesn't fit what you want to believe about the man.

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

Yeah, it is a backhanded comment because it's ridiculous to think that the manager doesn't make any impact on the outcome of baseball games but when all anyone wants to do is offer up excuses for the decisions that Brian Snitker makes that's exactly what you're doing. You're saying it doesn't matter what he does the outcome would have still been the same because the players didn't do their job. I completely disagree with that statement. If that's the case the Falcons should have kept Dan Quinn and just gotten better players.

I've watched baseball my whole life and I've seen some really good managers and some really bad ones when it comes to how to handle a bullpen. Dave Roberts for example is a TERRIBLE manager but the Dodgers have enough talent that they finally overcame his terrible bullpen management to win a World Series. But look at how many times they lost in the playoffs thanks to Roberts terrible bullpen management.

But on the other hand, Kevin Cash is an OUTSTANDING manager when it comes to handling a pitching staff. The Rays routinely get more out of pitchers than anyone else which is why they continue to just win despite one of the lowest payrolls in baseball and constant roster turnover.

I just want the Braves to win and they will not win with Brian Snitker unless he has a roster full of HOF players. Last year was as close as we'll ever get to winning with Snitker.

Give me one excuse I’ve given