Red Sox @ Braves

Unknøwn

4 minutes ago, Beef said:

Uhhh, why did Newk come out?

I felt it was the right call. Now putting Santana in and leaving him in was not IMO. I know what the numbers say, I just think it's fool's gold. I don't think he's very good 

7 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I felt it was the right call. Now putting Santana in and leaving him in was not IMO. I know what the numbers say, I just think it's fool's gold. I don't think he's very good 

They just haven’t seen Santana suck with us long enough yet.  I agree with your assessment. 

15 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

8 minutes ago, Born Again Georgian said:

They just haven’t seen Santana suck with us long enough yet.  I agree with your assessment. 

Except Santana hasn't been that bad. Outside of the 1 game against the Mets he's been very good. 5 of the 9 runs he's given up this year came in that 1 outing. He's also one of the few guys you can trust to come in and not walk the park. Only 4 walks in 13 innings.

6 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Except Santana hasn't been that bad. Outside of the 1 game against the Mets he's been very good. 5 of the 9 runs he's given up this year came in that 1 outing. He's also one of the few guys you can trust to come in and not walk the park. Only 4 walks in 13 innings.

It's honestly just a gut feeling that he is going to completely fall off a cliff at some point 

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I would probably share that gut feeling expect he was really good with the Pirates too.

I hope I'm wrong. Let's get another Pirate reliever here in a bit...

8 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Would have been nice to take the lead there but great job to tie it up.

Who ever is pitching needs a **** down inning...it looked like Luke was up.

And he did. He's been really good this year.