New Falcons Film Study...AS on creating Turnovers.

I remember in high school many years ago I had just got out of detention and noticed around the front of the school as I started walking home three young guys who were running with one of them holding a purse in their hand.

There was a teacher who I think was in her late 60's at the time chasing after them. They guys who stole her purse were a good 20 yards away from her. She almost ran them down before they hopped in a a car with a rental license plate and sped off. I heard the guys say "oh ****!" as she was catching up to them.

She honestly thought I was gonna run and stop them while it was happening as they ran right past me. I was trying to process what was going on even a few minutes after it happened because I was stunned about it due to it just happening out of nowhere.

......then I realized how amazed I was at that old lady's foot speed and stride.  😆

31 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I remember in high school many years ago I had just got out of detention and noticed around the front of the school as I started walking home three young guys who were running with one of them holding a purse in their hand.

There was a teacher who I think was in her late 60's at the time chasing after them. They guys who stole her purse were a good 20 yards away from her. She almost ran them down before they hopped in a a car with a rental license plate and sped off. I heard the guys say "oh ****!" as she was catching up to them.

She honestly thought I was gonna run and stop them while it was happening as they ran right past me. I was trying to process what was going on even a few minutes after it happened because I was stunned about it due to it just happening out of nowhere.

......then I realized how amazed I was at that old lady's foot speed and stride.  😆

I have a similar story. Coming out of a department store in the (60s) I heard a lady scream after falling to the ground. She said a guy just took her purse, so my brother and I took off after the guy who was already running, I started gaining on him rapidly (my brother gave up as he was slow footed) I got within a couple of feet and I was getting ready to tackle the guy but he chucked the purse (to gain his freedom) so I gathered up the purse and belongings and took them back to the lady in front of the store who was being attended to by several citizens.  She was unharmed but frightened, and fortunately, I got to the guy before he had a chance to get anything out of the purse. We waited for the police and I gave them the best description I could, but I never heard another thing about the case. She tried to give my brother and I a reward but we refused to accept it. 

When I look back I know it was just instinct and really kind of dumb not knowing whether this dude had a weapon, and I was just a dumb kid thinking about getting back the ladies purse.  Bui yes, never underestimate what a woman can do, as I have seen several manhandle a man in a street fight. 

p.s. Quinn would have liked the store clerk as she plays fast...:lol:

2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I have a similar story. Coming out of a department store in the (60s) I heard a lady scream after falling to the ground. She said a guy just took her purse, so my brother and I took off after the guy who was already running, I started gaining on him rapidly (my brother gave up as he was slow footed) I got within a couple of feet and I was getting ready to tackle the guy but he chucked the purse (to gain his freedom) so I gathered up the purse and belongings and took them back to the lady in front of the store who was being attended to by several citizens.  She was unharmed but frightened, and fortunately, I got to the guy before he had a chance to get anything out of the purse. We waited for the police and I gave them the best description I could, but I never heard another thing about the case. She tried to give my brother and I a reward but we refused to accept it. 

When I look back I know it was just instinct and really kind of dumb not knowing whether this dude had a weapon, and I was just a dumb kid thinking about getting back the ladies purse.  Bui yes, never underestimate what a woman can do, as I have seen several manhandle a man in a street fight. 

p.s. Quinn would have liked the store clerk as she plays fast...:lol:

And...Physical!

That's a brave gal.  People kill you over nothing now.  I had a neighbor when I lived in San Antonio that was a manager of a 7-11 style convenience store.  One night, a guy robbed the place and shot him twice in the chest.  The horrible part is that on camera, he complied with all the demands and this piece of **** still shot him.  Risked murder (my neighbor survived) for $110.  

19 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

That's a brave gal.  People kill you over nothing now.  I had a neighbor when I lived in San Antonio that was a manager of a 7-11 style convenience store.  One night, a guy robbed the place and shot him twice in the chest.  The horrible part is that on camera, he complied with all the demands and this piece of **** still shot him.  Risked murder (my neighbor survived) for $110.  

Brave and tough.  Dayum, it is amazing the loyalties some of these employees show for something they don't own and in many cases how little they are paid. 

2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Brave and tough.  Dayum, it is amazing the loyalties some of these employees show for something they don't own and in many cases how little they are paid. 

A buddy of mine worked at the front desk of a large motel.  One night, a bunch of guys rolled in, put a gun to his face and robbed the place.  He literally opened all the doors, and got out of their way.  When he was asked by the motel why he didn't try to stop them, he said it wasn't his job to die for $7.00 an hour.  

10 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

A buddy of mine worked at the front desk of a large motel.  One night, a bunch of guys rolled in, put a gun to his face and robbed the place.  He literally opened all the doors, and got out of their way.  When he was asked by the motel why he didn't try to stop them, he said it wasn't his job to die for $7.00 an hour.  

When I was younger, I was perusing the Want Ads in search of a new job. I saw a position with an armored truck company. The pay was like $10 an hour, and I was blown away. Yeah, that's a no for me. I am going to protect thousands, if not millions of your money, put my life on the line for $10 an hour! 🤣