The Falcons need to sign a veteran corner and a veteran safety.

7 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I'm very concerned about the Falcons secondary. They have the Falcons ranked at 32 going into 2021. We need to sign a veteran corner and a veteran safety. The Falcons secondary is one injury away from being a disaster.

I wish we could have got a decent pass rusher for Julio in the trade.. But taking draft pics leads me to believe they are going to take time to rebuild the team. We're just going to have to have patience a year or two and maybe make a run at the Lombardi in a few years.. Im fine with that honestly 

16 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

I wish we could have got a decent pass rusher for Julio in the trade.. But taking draft pics leads me to believe they are going to take time to rebuild the team. We're just going to have to have patience a year or two and maybe make a run at the Lombardi in a few years.. Im fine with that honestly 

yeah the lines and defense is going to be a multi year fix anyway i think we all know that and have made peace with it

Edited by RoddyWhite84

11 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Harmon is a legit name and impact safety. Harris is good. Grant is good. I'm not sure what else we are supposed to do. Harmon is flashy and good, it's just the majority was so far up Allen's butt and knew little about the position, y'all didn't know of anyone else. 

Harmon will be a fine starter, nothing flashy but reliable. Think Eric Coleman back in Ryan’s early years. Y’all sleeping on Fabian Moreau too. He’ll basically be the same version of that (solid, unspectacular) at corner. 

Just now, blackredfellow said:

Harmon will be a fine starter, nothing flashy but reliable. Think Eric Coleman back in Ryan’s early years. Y’all sleeping on Fabian Moreau too. He’ll basically be the same version of that (solid, unspectacular) at corner. 

I always liked Coleman.

14 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Harmon is a legit name and impact safety. Harris is good. Grant is good. I'm not sure what else we are supposed to do. Harmon is flashy and good, it's just the majority was so far up Allen's butt and knew little about the position, y'all didn't know of anyone else. 

KOG I trust your opinion on defensive players, especially secondary guys. When all the others were loving up Rico's butt you were trying to tell folks he wasn't the answer and you were right. I don't know who Harmon and Harris are. Gonna have to do some digging.

On June 2nd you started an identical thread.   Please stop.

41 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I'm very concerned about the Falcons secondary. They have the Falcons ranked at 32 going into 2021. We need to sign a veteran corner and a veteran safety. The Falcons secondary is one injury away from being a disaster.

6 minutes ago, blackredfellow said:

just need them to do their job and not be a weakness and we good

I haven't looked at the Falcons roster in a while but looking at it I'm even more encouraged about the defense. There are a lot more veteran players on that side of the ball than I was aware of. I'm talking about some legit depth on that side of the ball. May not be household names but guys that are vets and just do their job. I think we gonna have some folks eating some major crow this year.

We signed vet safeties but we definitely didn't sign "veteran" CBs... unless the sole criteria for a vet is "years since drafted".

Who is the leader of our CB group, Fabian Moreau? Kendall Sheffield? Isaiah Oliver? 

Rome wasn't built in a day, so I'm not worried even if we roll into the season with the group we have currently... give guys the opportunity to step up. But we could definitely use a true veteran CB.

32 minutes ago, blackredfellow said:

Harmon is pretty danged flashy. LoL. 

31 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

KOG I trust your opinion on defensive players, especially secondary guys. When all the others were loving up Rico's butt you were trying to tell folks he wasn't the answer and you were right. I don't know who Harmon and Harris are. Gonna have to do some digging.

Harris is decent. He's not great, but has moments. Harmon is a closer, he finishes games very well and causes problems.