The Falcons could make a deep playoff run in 2021.

17 hours ago, Slumerican said:

Especially if we're going to be a PA team.. Our running game makes or breaks the offense.. Dosnt matter what kind of talent you have, if a team dosnt respect your running game and plays the pass.. Its going to be rough getting yards.. Any coach in the NFL isn't stupid.. A OC basically has to have the ability to confuse the opponents DC, then actually execute the game plan to actually be successful.. Just having talent on either side of the ball wont cut it in the NFL 

Correct. As we saw under DK. He confused no one and had a f-ing A+ talented offense

35 minutes ago, Radiant City said:

Except there is no “ easy” win for this team. We lost to a Brian Hoyer led Browns team. Offense once again didn’t score the whole 2nd half

This team has issues....

Going back 3 years ago under a previous coaching staff doesn't "prove" your point. It just makes you look desperate.

1 hour ago, Radiant City said:

Except there is no “ easy” win for this team. We lost to a Brian Hoyer led Browns team. Offense once again didn’t score the whole 2nd half

This team has issues....

Yeah those Quinn teams sure did struggle with any AFC team. I really think a big part of that was how small of players they kept drafting. Just got pushed around instead of being "fast and physical". 

Good thing that entire coaching staff has been fired and we have an entirely new one with a coach from the AFC!

On 6/11/2021 at 8:52 PM, AUTiger7222 said:

Except your forgetting the little thing called coaching. I know I'm not alone here, @Vandy has said it, others have said it, but coaching matters so much more than the actual talent on the field. Blows my ever loving mind that people act like coaching doesn't matter. The Falcons are better in 2021 simply because the coaching will be better because it can't get any worst. Coaching was directly responsible for 4 losses last year. The talent was there to win a lot more than just 4 games last year and if the coaching had just been average at best they would have won 8 games last year. The 8-8 Bears made the playoffs last year. Saying the Falcons will win 9 or 10 games this year doesn't make anyone delusional. It makes them objective. The roster is better on paper than the roster that ended the 2021 season, yes, even without Julio.

Bill Belichick doesn’t get credit for the job he did last year,  coaching his a$$ off in getting that team to a 7-9 record…..with half team opted out of season and with Cam Newton as his starting QB! Peeps should actually think a little about that one before they post mindless navel-gazed gobble over the state of the falcon’s talent due to some supposed cap misery. We’ve got plenty of talent on this team.

Coaching cost us at least 4 wins last year, games if we had won would have changed complexion of remainder of season. So yes, coaching matters a lot. 

On 6/11/2021 at 8:49 PM, JD dirtybird21 said:

What would you rather have?

Koetter, Ryan, Gurley, Julio, Ridley, and Hurst? 

OR

Smith, Ryan, Davis, Ridley, Gage, and Pitts?

I’d personally take the latter. Koetter vs Smith is VERY significant. More significant IMO of Julio vs no Julio. 

I'd take the latter every Sunday. No slight against Julio, but a Smith coached offense would run a Koetter offense off the field. If we still had Julio it would just be Madden level unfair, which is why he asked for a trade of course...

18 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Bill Belichick doesn’t get credit for the job he did last year,  coaching his a$$ off in getting that team to a 7-9 record…..with half team opted out of season and with Cam Newton as his starting QB! Peeps should actually think a little about that one before they post mindless navel-gazed gobble over the state of the falcon’s talent due to some supposed cap misery. We’ve got plenty of talent on this team.

Coaching cost us at least 4 wins last year, games if we had won would have changed complexion of remainder of season. So yes, coaching matters a lot. 

Absolutely. And everyone is counting out the Patriots this year cause Cam is still QB. But Bill is getting back guys like Donta Hightower that didn't play last year and added a boat load of talent to the team. The Patriots will surprise folks this year.

On 6/11/2021 at 12:27 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

The Rams were 4-12 in 2016 and brought in an offensive minded head coach and were a playoff team in 2017 with an explosive offense. The Jaguars were 3-13 in 2016 and made the AFC championship game in 2017. Probably should have won that game. The Packers to were bad in 2018 and brought in a new offensive minded creative head coach and they made the nfc championship game with offense looking explosive.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the Falcons offense was explosive in 2021 and we made some noise in the playoffs. In fact it I expect it because of Arthur Smith and Dean Pees.

The Falcons will be in the playoffs with a 1st round bye w/ home field advantage...when they win out they will defeat the Bills 34-17 in the SB. 

3 hours ago, nomak said:

The Falcons will be in the playoffs with a 1st round bye w/ home field advantage...when they win out they will defeat the Bills 34-17 in the SB. 

Nice a Super fan candidate.

If a poster posted the opposite of this , say saying predicting 2-15 or 3-14, they would be downvoted and called a troll. This is prediction is actually more far fetched than that.

It's like your fishing for likes from the "coaching matters" and "we lost X amount of games by X" crowd. However, because it is a homeristic POV, it is accepted by the masses.

13 hours ago, Mr.11 said:

I'd take the latter every Sunday. No slight against Julio, but a Smith coached offense would run a Koetter offense off the field. If we still had Julio it would just be Madden level unfair, which is why he asked for a trade of course...

its the equal of when we had kerney abe coleman and jackson it was suppose to be *** beating..just another what if 

20 hours ago, ATLskinjob said:

Yeah those Quinn teams sure did struggle with any AFC team. I really think a big part of that was how small of players they kept drafting. Just got pushed around instead of being "fast and physical". 

Good thing that entire coaching staff has been fired and we have an entirely new one with a coach from the AFC!

We did pretty good against the AFC west for some reason. We pretty much gave the Chiefs and Chargers games away. In 2016 AND in 202O.

Posted (edited)

Another team I just thought of that came out of nowhere under a new coaching staff was the 2011 49ers. They were terrible in 2010 but made it to 3 straight nfc championship games in 2011-2013 including a super bowl appearance. Jim Harbaugh came their in 2011.

Edited by Falcons Fan MVP

2 hours ago, PointSwayzee said:

If a poster posted the opposite of this , say saying predicting 2-15 or 3-14, they would be downvoted and called a troll. This is prediction is actually more far fetched than that.

It's like your fishing for likes from the "coaching matters" and "we lost X amount of games by X" crowd. However, because it is a homeristic POV, it is accepted by the masses.

If it makes you feel any better I think it's ridiculous for anyone to predict Super Bowl or even winning a single playoff game this year. But I don't think it makes anyone delusional to think this team could win 9 or 10 or maybe even 11 games and make the playoffs.

21 hours ago, ATLskinjob said:

Mike Smith struggled with afc as well.. Idk why, but man i can remember several games during smith's time we should have won but bad clock management or second half collapse threw the games away.. Honestly, for the last decade the Falcons have seemed to be cursed in the second half of several games.. Thats one area I hope the new administration can correct 

16 hours ago, Mr.11 said:

Yeap! Make no mistake.. The New Coaches will make all the difference in the world!  Say,, Daylight and Dark.  Really Glad that AB knows when to hold dome  and when to Foldome , So we can fill the Stadium !

3 hours ago, PointSwayzee said:

You left out that you're a piece of poop.

I'm not fishing for anything just having some fun.  However, you're about to find out how much coaching actually matters. 

42 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

If it makes you feel any better I think it's ridiculous for anyone to predict Super Bowl or even winning a single playoff game this year. But I don't think it makes anyone delusional to think this team could win 9 or 10 or maybe even 11 games and make the playoffs.

That is not far fetched at all, nor is 6 wins...that is the point. Yet a 6 win prediction = troll/pessimist, despite absolutely being that type of team for the past 3 seasons.

5 minutes ago, nomak said:

You left out that you're a piece of poop.

I'm not fishing for anything just having some fun.  However, you're about to find out how much coaching actually matters. 

Yeah, I'll be waiting as AS turns a 4-12 team to the SB champion in 2021. Losing Jones and essentially shopping in the dented can food outlet for players. 

In your world AS is better than any head coach that ever lived..despite never being a HC in his life. Seems feasible.

5 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

That is not far fetched at all, nor is 6 wins...that is the point. Yet a 6 win prediction = troll/pessimist, despite absolutely being that type of team for the past 3 seasons.

No. 6 wins is fair. But 3 wins is downright silly like Slum predicted.

23 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Yeap! Make no mistake.. The New Coaches will make all the difference in the world!  Say,, Daylight and Dark.  Really Glad that AB knows when to hold dome  and when to Foldome , So we can fill the Stadium !

That was simply terrible. Somebody had to say it...lol.

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

No. 6 wins is fair. But 3 wins is downright silly like Slum predicted.

Agree 100% with that. Matt Ryan starting wins this team 4 games alone. 

I say between 6-8. I see a definite coaching improvement, I just think the talent is not where some of you all do. Also think AS learns quickly that teams don't bite on his WC/Play action offense with Mike Davis like the do with Derrick Henry. 

2021 will have some growing pains as the damage Coach Bro and Dimitroff did the past 3 years, try to keep a window that din not exist open. This is not a 1 year fix, and never was. Bu the time he gets the cap and poster where they want...well the need for a QB will be staring us right in the eyes.

10 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

Yeah, I'll be waiting as AS turns a 4-12 team to the SB champion in 2021. Losing Jones and essentially shopping in the dented can food outlet for players. 

In your world AS is better than any head coach that ever lived..despite never being a HC in his life. Seems feasible.

Does your mother know your using her phone?